CairnTalk

Runaway Puppy

ballast

John and Ruth,

My heart is breaking for you and your family. Over these past weeks I have begun to feel like Fergus was a part of my family too! A final :candle: of peace for dear little Fergus.

Mike

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are so sorry for your loss! ...i keep checking daily to see if there is any new news and when i read back to see your post my heart just sank...

a and j and maggie

John, Ruth and Family,

I am so heart broken for you. I think I speak for everyone in the forum to tell you that we are all deeply saddened by your loss. We have all watched and waited eagerly to hear of good news for you. Please know that many more are shedding and sharing your tears today. My deepest sympathy goes out to you. -Lisa

John and Ruth,

I am so sorry. I have been following your posts and hoping for you, and felt like crying this morning. I think of Jock, the sweetest dog I ever had, and your Fergus both now playing and happy.

With all my deepest sympathy,

Pam

John, I couldn't help but cry when I read your post this afternoon. I really felt like Fergus was one of my own and I know that there is no way that I could understand how much you and your family are hurting right now. At least you know that little Fergus is now at peace and not suffering. You gave him a wonderful life for the time that he was here and that is evident in the way that you spoke of him and in how hard you tried to find him. Fergus knew how much he was loved and now he is at the Rainbow Bridge awaiting your arrival again. Please know that we are all praying for you and your family and know that you can always come here if you need someone to talk to. We are all here for you.

:candle: May peace be with Fergus and his family. We love you.

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

I am so sorry to hear this, but relieved for you in that you know what happened now. Bless your neighbors for bringing him to you, and may God comfort you now. Losing a pet is like losing any other family member.

LindaB

Marmielin

John & Ruth,

My heart aches for the both of you. Knowing what happened now and having Fegus back home can bring closure if that is posssable. Please except my condolences. My heart goes out to the both of you. When I lost my Missy to liver failure in November it was no different than losing a family member.

Rhonda,Kramer & Angel Missy "Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog". "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are" Missy Rainbow Bridge Memorial
/>http://www.indulgedfurries.com/petdiabetes/memorium/missy2.htm

I am so very sad to here this news. I can only hope that maybe it was a comfort to Fergus to hear all of our prayers as he was crossing the Rainbow Bridge. I am just so incredibly sorry that it turned out this way, I really believed he would come home to us.

We are so sorry you lost your puppy. Having never been a "dog person" before, I am astonished evry day how much these little guys can capture our hearts. Closure was needed, and I am glad you have that. Wish things had turned out differently. ((Hugs)) from across the country.

The Burkes

I like this story that illustrates how through a tragic ending something wonderful was begun...http://cairnrescue.com/whoweare.htm#colpotter

John and Ruth,

I am so sorry about Fergus. I just lost my dog Maggie (our cocker spaniel) a couple of hours ago. I got on hoping you might have good news. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Mickey & Angus

AllAboutPetey I love that story abut Col. Potter and how something wonderful came of a tragedy, it is comforting in a time like this.

John and family,

Tears are streaming down my face. I am so sorry to hear about Fergus. DH feels awful too. I can only imagine your pain.

Hugs and prayers,

Marsha, Dave and Carolina

Guest rottndobie

I am so very sorry to have read this. You have my deepest sympathies on this tragic ending. Just know that Fergus is at the Bridge waiting for you to claim him in due time...

{{hugs}}

I am sorry about Fergus. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

There is no faith which has never yet been broken except that of a truly faithful dog. -- Konard Lorenz

I don't know if abesdad has commented, but he informed me of what happened, and I just had to say that we are so sorry for you all and your loss. I know words seem inadequate for what you have been through, but everyone in our house just hated to hear the conclusion.

Love and prayers.

mom of the abe and scruf

John, Ruth and family,

I am very, very sorry to hear of this. I was away on vacation for the past few days and was only able to catch up today. I am heartbroken, but you're right, it is better to know, have closure, and move on. Fergus has left you with good memories....

Sincerely,

Anna

Archived