CairnTalk

Runaway Puppy

ballast

Dearest friends,

Ruth & I thank you all for your support. The true tragedy in Fergus' demise lies in the terrible loss of all those days we will never have together. Despite all our hopes, Ruth & I had begun to steel ourselves to the thought that he was with someone else and would never return to us and had started the process of looking for a new dog. Now, of course, we know he is truly gone. No pet could ever replace Fergus, just as he was not a replacement for his predecessor - merely a new friend & family member to love.

As Fergus' tale ends, I think it is also time to end this thread. Fergus has an older, full sister that is looking for a permanent family. And a couple of Fergus' nieces are also available. I think we will begin our search there, for the bloodlines that produced Fergus surely have more dogs with the same traits we came to love in Fergus.

Hopefully my next posting will be to introduce you to our newest family member....

Till then, take care and treasure each moment with your pets, friends and family.

John & Ruth

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived