CairnTalk

Another Unknown Growth

_whits_

I only just now got caught up with these developments. Very glad you have things sorted and Addie back on track. I have discovered one way and another over the years one has to speak up if things aren't going the way they should. Ask for the person(s) in charge and talk with them like you did.

Life may have taken a terrible turn in some way for Tech B, who knows. Nevertheless she is in a job where she has to focus on patients first.

• Like 2

Glad to hear Tech A will be handling Addie from now on. You did the right thing by complaining. Wow this upset a lot of people in the forum. Nobody will tolerate one of our Cairns being mishandled.

• Like 6

Cairn Talk is the best. That's all I have to say right now. Love you guys. Thank you for your love for Addie.

• Like 2

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

5 hours ago, Islander said:

I am so glad that whits didn't have to resort to the Marine Corps way of handling problems. What would Addie do while her mom was spending the night in jail?

Although I come from an Air Force family, I believe the Marine Corps way of doing things would also involve avoiding jail. If they're up to snuff. ;) 

• Like 5

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

You are so brave Addie (you too Whits) and looking awesome (as usual). The glass is definitely half full. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Doing good Addie girl. On the down slope now. We have Marines in our family. They know how to handle things. Semper Fi.

• Like 2

Just now catching up on what's been going on with Addie.  I was beside myself with anger while reading your post about tech B but calmed down considerably after reading that you spoke with the oncologist and the office manager; good for you!  It's not easy stepping up to let your voice be heard for fear of retaliation but I'm thrilled that you did and the outcome turned out great.  Having a pup who is terrified of the vets office, I can sympathize with both you and Addie.  Maisie starts to tremble as soon as we pull in to the parking lot at the Vet's office and for a dog who does not like to be coddled, she wants to be picked up as soon as we walk through the door.

I am glad that Addie is doing better and half way through with her treatments.  I'm sure there will be a big celebration once Addie is done, or maybe just a yummy treat if she's not feeling up to partying.

Happy things are going well.

• Like 2

Just saw that Addie is half-way through her treatment (well, more than half-way now!)!  (Sorry we are away for a few days and the stupid hotel didn't have internet for the first 36 hours we were here.)  I'm so glad to hear she's in the home stretch. Hopefully the rest will go by very quickly! :)

• Like 1

Addie's attitude continues to be very Addie.

This is what happened this evening, when I entered the guest room, sat down on the floor, and reached to pet her. 

8 weekdays of radiation left!

Her Grandpa is visiting this weekend, which I'm hoping will keep her perky through the home stretch.

image.jpeg

Edited by _whits_
  • Like 6

That could be Rosie's double! What behaviour is this...like we beat them daily, starve them, do cruel things like brush teeth, or just plain brush them.  Perhaps just want a cuddle.

Rosie here

Mum, I will tell YOU when you can touch me. Because I am a terrier and you are not the boss of me. 

• Like 6

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Last visit, my dad said that if he didn't know better he'd think I hit Addie from the way she runs from me when I try to initiate cuddles. 

And of course right now I'm trying to get her down for a nap and she's more interested in ripping the covers off me and demanding a full body massage.

Addie has grown much more cuddly, especially in this last year, but it still absolutely has to happen according to her rules of engagement or it doesn't happen at all. Cuddles are only allowed if she approaches me. Otherwise she's racing into another room or under furniture.

Terriers, living life on their terms. 

• Like 5

The loopy-ness lingered from anesthesia today. Took two hilarious pictures.

Her lovely tech says that every time she gets the anesthesia, the tech whispers, "you're not in Kansas anymore." And then discusses her return from Oz upon waking. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 9

Addie sure does look drowsy. She hasn't lost that independent Cairn spirit. She says "If I want to hide under a chair then I will hide under the chair!"

• Like 2

5 years ago today I adopted this rambunctious pup from Cairn Rescue USA in Omaha & drove back to Denver with her in my arms. 5 years on she's still rambunctious & tenacious but she's figured out that she doesn't need to be in perpetual motion.

image.jpeg

• Like 6

Hey Addie baby. I remember you when you were a red baby like me and almost the same age as me. Happy, happy day to you:party::party::party::party::party:.Doc visits almost over so celebrate.............Angus

• Like 1