CairnTalk

Another Unknown Growth

_whits_

thanks, helene. he was a real trooper through his treatments and during the extra year he earned. miss him very much. 

• Like 2

thanks, whits, your kind words mean a lot. i know i'm not the only one here who hopes that sharing the good times cheers everybody, and sharing the bad times, maybe, can help at some times. all dogs are amazing, but these dogs do have a special cost and reward. 

• Like 8

Your  love for Addie shines bright and clear, and in my world that makes you a caring and wonderful young woman. I know Addie will pull through this with shining colors, and we all will be with you for the journey. :wub:

• Like 8

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

I am another one so very glad that Addie does not have cancer.  The treatment will be costly not just in terms of money but in stress, possible discomfort for Addie etc but should be worthwhile.  Will be thinking of you on your daily trips and wishing you and Addie well.

• Like 1

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

Addie will be fine as will Whits. Worrying about things that can go wrong is no way to live ones life.  Jock had Limpomas as do many many dogs and all was well. There is absolutely no need to be fatalistic and upset people.

Edited by Terrier lover
  • Like 2

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

I am pretty sure that Whits has gotten expert advise from the surgeon that is looking after Addie. Nobody is spreading "false" information, but encouragement, caring and listening to the information and treatment that Addie will be receiving. It's all good news. 

• Like 2

I'm traveling at the moment and don't have time or energy to plead with people to try a bit harder to both avoid giving offense and/or feeling every slight needs to be corrected or avenged. 

Take a time-out and I'll hope you both can find ways to participate that work for you.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

1 hour ago, bradl said:

don't have time or energy to plead with people to try a bit harder to both avoid giving offense and/or feeling every slight needs to be corrected or avenged. 

Take a time-out and I'll hope you both can find ways to participate that work for you.

Brad - Several members have privately messaged me to express their dismay with the tone of the posts from Nononsense. We are upset with the fact that the blunt, offensive, contentious nature of her posts has changed the respectful, family-friendly nature of Cairn Talk.  If there is any fault to be found, it is not with Terrier lover. It's becoming increasingly harder for me not to respond to Nononsense in kind, so before I say anything to her that I'll regret, I'm considering taking a time-out from the forum for a couple of weeks.

Additionally... She formerly was on this site months ago as "Gonetothedogs" but offed herself in a tantrum when she was finally confronted for going too far. Now she's back with a new name and at it again...Lord help us!:o

Edited by sanford
  • Like 3

FEAR THE CAIRN!

Everyone has a right to their own opinion and their own interpretation of other opinions expressed in the forum. We are diverse. We live all over the country.

Sometimes we receive posts differently from the way we are used to or may prefer. As long as posts are within the guidelines Brad talked about then people are free to say what they want, however they want. No need to respond.

Want to add why not talk to a person rather than about them? Isn't that something you can use a PM for?

Edited by Hillscreek
  • Like 1

It's not cancer. I know my own dog's diagnosis and am educated on the facts. I imagine two general veterinarians, one surgeon, two oncologists, a pathologist, and the dog's owner know the difference between cancer and not cancer. There are cancerous lipomas (liposarcomas), which Addie does not have. Addie has a benign infiltrative lipoma. 

But if you need some help understanding, from the National Institutes of Health: image.png

Edited by _whits_
  • Like 4

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

And here is the official report from the oncologist, explaining that infiltrative lipomas are a sub-class of benign lipomas. And although destructive, are local and do not metastasize.

You don't have an "opinion" about my dog's diagnosis and treatment, you have your facts wrong. I would hate for a future Cairn Talk member to find you spreading untrue and unscientific information about lipomas. 

Once again, there are cancerous lipomas. They are called liposarcomas. Typical lipomas are not cancerous. Infiltrative lipomas are locally damaging but not cancerous. 

I wish you would have expressed your concerns about my dog's diagnosis (and my apparent making up my dad's veterinary degree and practice) in a PM before you spread false facts about lipomas. There is a difference between having an opinion and not understanding scientific fact. 

image.jpeg

Edited by _whits_
  • Like 6

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

1 hour ago, _whits_ said:

There is a difference between having an opinion and not understanding scientific fact. 

Thanks for making things clear whits.

From chatting with doggy people over the years it seems to me that the words "tumor" and "lipoma" sometimes signal "cancer" to people when in fact it may be something different.

Replying to incorrect statements with accurate facts is the way to go.

"Go Addie!" -- Angus

• Like 3

For complaints or discussion about the forum itself please consider opening a topic in Forum Support (to at least keep some semblance of order in the shredded remains of this and other unrelated topics). When I get back from this so-called vacation I'll attempt to address them. Assuming I haven't given up on the whole enterprise by then.

In the meantime, if a poster is causing you distress consider using the Ignore User forum feature. 

• Like 1

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Hi Whits, I want you to know that I am thinking about Addie and hoping with all my heart that everything works out well for the both of you.  Addie has a lot of people pulling for her; she's such a little pistol, she's young and strong and I can't wait to read, in a couple of months from now, how well she is doing.

• Like 5

Tomorrow is the day. At 10am ET Addie will start the first of 18 doses of radiation over the next four weeks. We'll be at the oncologist every weekday, taking all of your kind words, warm thoughts, and wonderful support with us. 

Here's hoping she has many years and many legs to blatantly break the rules as she is doing in the attached picture. 

image.jpeg

• Like 6

Good luck tomorrow and for all 18 treatments.  I pray that you and Addie will come through this with flying colors, Whits.  

She is SUCH a Cairn, standing on that table defiantly.  Break those rules, Addie!;)

• Like 3

Carry on being naughty Addie! It's the only way to be a true Cairn. Lots of hugs and love to the both of you.:hug:

• Like 2

Account Deleted

Moggie told me rules are made to be bent, trampled over and crewed to pieces!  You go Addie!B)

• Like 2

Addie hang tough. Hope everything goes well for you. When you are all done and you feel like it Buffy and me will get all the other girls together and we can go boy chasing.

Sassy

• Like 3

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

AM. CH. THARRBARR LITE MY FIRE ZOMERHOF

Addie, you beautiful, wonderful tough girl, you are going to breeze through this. I know you are. We are thinking of you every minute of every day. Know that you are loved by many humans and Cairns. :hug:from the Crawford household. 

Edited by Lynn in TN
  • Like 2

Thoughts and prayers are with you little Addie.  Looks like you have been allowed the run of the house.  I see toys in the background and a comfy bed and now you are pushing it a little bit further with "King of the end table!"  You are the sweetest - I would let you have run of the house too. :wub:  Good luck Addie!

• Like 1

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori