CairnTalk

Another Unknown Growth

_whits_

5 hours ago, hheldorfer said:

Has Addie found any cat friends at your new apartment complex?

No! And I feel bad about it. I've found two cats on upper floors, but Addie can't see them. For whatever reason, she's never figured out how to follow my finger when I point something out to her and I've never figured out an alternate way of showing something to her that's not easy to move it or her directly in front of. Even if she could see them, they're too far away for any interactions. 

Two of my high school friends in town have cats, but we haven't caught up yet. They know Addie loves cats, but I don't know if their cats tolerate dogs. Ideally, it'd be nice to have playmates that are so close to me, personally and geographically, but it might not work out. 

She has met some friendly dogs though, a collie, a lab, and a yorkie (all boys, OF COURSE my little anti-female female dog). And she's totally stolen the hearts of the front desk and even let them PET HER ON TOP OF HER HEAD, which I couldn't believe. She's got a circle of about 5 people who get the honor of patting the top of her head and the leasing center are pushing it closer to 10. 

Every day her leg gets more and more hair. It also looks to be the same color as the rest of her hair (well as much as her hair could be described as being a single color, but it's a similar brindle). 

• Like 2

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

Here's her:

enjoying her cot out on her porch, hating every minute being forced into the Colorado shirt her Grandma gave her, hiding in the closet, and relaxing after barging into the bathroom.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 9

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

Ha ha ..that's a definite stink eye look.

• Like 2

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Filled by heart with joy when I read this! They have amazing memories and obviously Addies's grandpa and the receptionist really stuck with her. Kindness and love returned a thousand fold. :wub:

• Like 1

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

My goodness, Whitney, I grinned from ear to ear while reading your post.  I can picture her, wriggling like an eel and squealing like crazy.:D  

Next time you go to grandpa's office you had better give them fair warning so they can pass out the ear plugs.:P

• Like 2

Firstly, I too love the stink eye photo. "Mom, it's bad enough you forced me into this stupid shirt. Now you have to document my humiliation by taking a PHOTO?"

Her day at grandpa's office was a hoot!  I can just picture her excited beyond belief. Hey, at least the people there will know, without a doubt, that Cairns are *spirited* and never dull! :D

• Like 2

Addie really loves her Grandpa. She also loves the people at the vets. That picture of her under the skirt is so cute. And of course the stink eye! If she wants a shirt she will ask you.

• Like 1

Aah, a happy excited Cairn is certainly eel like and difficult to hold!  They have good memories especially of those who love them.

Great photos and Addie certainly is displeased with that shirt!!

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

Addie saw her very first and very best friend Toby (my sister's 6 or 7 year-old Shih Tzu) today for the first time since March 2013. 

When we drove up to his house, she starting whimpering in the backseat and tried to jump out of the car as soon as I opened the door. She dragged me straight through the garage and into the side door like she'd just been there yesterday. 

And then her and Toby were OFF! Racing around the house, the yard, under tables, wrestling each other to the ground, play bowing, play growling, sharing dinner out of the same bowl (okay so she stole his but he was totally okay with it), and finally collapsing on the floor together in exhaustion. Only to start the process all over again. 

Toby is a very sweet dog but not very smart, so I'm not entirely sure he remembered Addie. He strikes me as a dog who'd happily let any dog in the world tackle him in his own house and steal his food. But Addie's high-pitched squeals and squirms immediately upon arrival at his driveway tells me she know who he is (for years now she's cocked her head in excitement at the word "Toby" and started searching her surroundings, such that I only said it on rare occasions it made me so sad she couldn't see him). She's discerning of her playmates (completely ignored my sister's other dog, a beagle mix) and was so thrilled to see her Toby again.

She slept the whole way back in the car and fell asleep almost immediately on the floor of the apartment.

Having loved ones like Toby is part of the reason I wanted to move back to Colorado so I'm very happy their reunion went so well. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 4

They have amazing memories and so it is lovely that she can see her best mate again!  Addie obviously enjoyed the reunion!

• Like 1

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

What a fantastic fun day for Addie!  Seeing old friends is wonderful, isn't it? :)

I laughed when you said Toby is "sweet but not very smart".  Ziggy is half Shih Tzu and we often say the same thing about him. ;) 

• Like 1

On 9/26/2016 at 3:53 AM, _whits_ said:

image.jpeg

I can't believe how much Addie looks like Maisie in this photo, just the eyes, that stink eye look, both Maisie and Addie have it down to a T.  Congratulations on your move to Colorado and so happy that Addie is settling right in .

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This seems like an appropriate final update for this thread. Look at what Miss Addie did this evening! Jumped on the side table!

Also thought you'd enjoy the other picture. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by _whits_
  • Like 8

Hi _whits_

Bing and I were in today to see Doctor Grandpa.  He is so proud of his grandcairn and had to show us all of his pictures of Addie!  What an ordeal brave Addie had to go through but glad it turned out OK.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Royla said:

Hi _whits_

Bing and I were in today to see Doctor Grandpa.  He is so proud of his grandcairn and had to show us all of his pictures of Addie!  What an ordeal brave Addie had to go through but glad it turned out OK.

My dad sent me pictures of Bing from his visit this afternoon. Bing is SO CUTE. My dad was so excited to let me know you and Bing were in for a check-up. Thanks for the kind wishes. Doctor Grandpa is indeed very attached to his granddog. 

• Like 1