CairnTalk

Cairn Videos

Jarret926

yes, this woman's instincts for working with a cairn are remarkable. she knows that responding to the curly lip warning with cajoling, petting and hugging is very powerful. it takes a lot of courage --it hurts more to get bitten in the face or neck than in the hand-- but it goes directly to getting the cairn's respect, and cairns really do respect courage and gentleness. of course he didn't give up the curly lip but you could tell that he was a little less serious about it each time. she developed a real relationship with him, and he came out looking like gentleman. really wonderful.

she could make a fortune in cairn training!

i so hate to see the dogs trussed up like criminals in some grooming salons. this is real quality work.

Edited by pkcrossley

• 5 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS1NRJOd6uU

Hope this link works right... It's Jeff & Oscar opening up the pets Christmas present. Jeff does the unwrapping while Oscar tries to ham it up to the camera ... so cute <3

HAHAA THAT IS AWESOME!11111111 LOL I LOVE IT <333 That black on is SO CUTE u got more pics??

9yNb8di.jpg
Click to show the full size image!

Now that was hilarious and sad all at the same time.... I am still shaking my head

That is just horrible, poor cairn :(

9yNb8di.jpg
Click to show the full size image!

• 2 months later...

I guess I should start posting my videos here... :D

Attila and Tessa playing in the playpen tonight. Tessa is getting more brave, jumping on Attila like crazy.

Edited by DemiSheep

Our Cairns: Attila (Sprouted 03/09/11), Tessa (Sprouted 01/14/12)

Idaho Cairns

This video was deja vu for me. Bonnie and Sammi spent hours sparring like this when Bonnie was the same size as your Tessa and now I know why she has turned out to be such a little spit fire of a Cairn (told off a "Gladiator" Dane several times today at my BIL's house) as an adult dog. Obviously your Attila is enjoying the matches and I love how these things go--no barking, no growling, just pure WWF dog wrestling. Next you will have the famous "drag the puppy around by the face hair" routine--we used to just cringe when Sammi would lock on to Bonnie's face hair and mop up the floor with her but Bon would bounce back with renewed attacks. This was such fun to watch--Cairns doing what Cairns do best--entertain each other and humans.

• 2 weeks later...

Attila & Tessa are so flipping cute. You must be very happy with yourself that you got Tess. They are such a joy together. Thanks for sharing these two with us.

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Here's the first Finn video I have to share. While I was doing some housework, I left Finn loose in the sunroom with me. He found a little plastic tube (oboe reed mailer, but I doubt many of you are familiar with them!) and spent about a half hour playing with it so calmly. He would roll it away from the spot he was in, go get it, repeat. After about a half hour, he discovered he could chew it and I had to take it away. I probably have another two dozen of these tubes stashed around the house, so yeah for cheap toys! BTW, music in the background was just my housework tunes, not an intentional soundtrack to Finn's playing.

• Like 1

Here is a short clip of my dog I made this morning to contribute to a thread I started. I haven't been active in some time and I'll be uploading more (with better quality) very soon.

Here's Döner:

http://youtu.be/_r9otYUNbaM

When I'm done with finals I'll be going through and watching all the videos I've missed, and uploading the first picture you see in the video as my display picture! If only the uploader would accept the image...

Edited by Jarret926

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I know Cairns don't grow on trees, but occasionally a shrub (in this case some kind of lilac) will have a couple of surprise blooms.

I was having a cup of coffee and watching Echo and Dundee tracking a critter that had apparently passed through the yard in the night. They have also lately been working the base of the compost bin you may see in the background. There's no good perspective in the video, but that shrub is about three feet tall and they're just sort of clambering over the top of it. That seems like it would be .... uncomfortable :P

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

• 3 months later...

I'm going to post up a series of videos in the hopes that prospective Cairn owners can come here and view the videos to get an idea of what these wonderful little dogs are like as pets. In this first of the series is a look at how our Bonnie, the ball addicted Cairn, works to solve the problem of an out of reach toy. A bad bounce earlier in the morning put the ball in this reclining chair that Bonnie was hesitant to jump up on because of the springy nature of the chair itself--undaunted she discovered that she could work the ball from underneath. I think it is a fair example of how intelligent Cairns are. Enjoy. Other videos to follow.

• Like 2

In this first of the series is a look at how our Bonnie, the ball addicted Cairn, works to solve the problem of an out of reach toy. A bad bounce earlier in the morning put the ball in this reclining chair that Bonnie was hesitant to jump up on because of the springy nature of the chair itself--undaunted she discovered that she could work the ball from underneath. I think it is a fair example of how intelligent Cairns are.

She has her algorithm down, no question! Clever girl!

Edited by tlwtheq

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

I have you in my favorites on you tube so every time you put a video on you tube I get an email. I have already watched this video 10 or 15 times. haha I just love it! The workings of the Cairn mind is awesome. I am so glad that you get Bonnie and Sammi on video doing this cute stuff. I wish I could Kelly, anytime I get out the camera it gets her attention and she just sits down and watches it.