CairnTalk

Cairn Videos

Jarret926

Looked like he might be nosing up the front door to lift the door hooks off the crate loops. Haggis will do this on one of the styles of crate we have if the locking bar is not engaged. I particularly liked WallE's little "chuff" sound as he worked on it.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

What a smart little stinker he is :thumbsup: No wonder you have your hands full with him - and this is just a small example of how smart these little guys are. (but like someone said - that's why they are soooo cute - to avoid us killing them!) :whistle: I'm in for big time trouble I think.

Husband and dog missing ...25 cents reward for dog

It seems he's figured out how to nose it upward and outward. The latches go over the second wire of the crate and down. If its only over the first one its loose, and he figured that one out right away. To be locked it has to go over the second wire. Hes now learned to apply the practice with a little more finesse when its locked for his great escape! Smart cookie!

*now macgyver'ing a new locking system although it seems its more a "can he get out of this one now?" game

Puntuation MAKES the post

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hes in there at night and its his safe house. He actually really likes it in there and will sleep in there willingly on a daily basis if we leave the door open. Also, if hes done something he knows is wrong, he goes right in there. I used to feel bad about it, but now that hes older, he actually likes it. Hes also learned that when its closed, he stays in there. Hes growing up so fast!

Puntuation MAKES the post

• 1 month later...

Ok one more.. this is what I've been waiting for... I am sure it's more exciting to me than anyone else, including those in my very own home, but here it is... the long awaited for... 2.5 weeks of waiting and we finally have PLAYTIME WITH JEFF & OSCAR....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4724Bh0CHRY

Edited by Jeff N Oscar

I became a dog person AFTER I got my dog.

Bestfriends2-1-1.jpg

Great videos. Looks like Oscar has what it takes in the film industry.

Taz also does the vocal head rubbing/back scratching on the floor. It cracks me up. If I'm in another room and I hear him start this up, I always have to come over and watch. They are so entertaining, aren't they?

they are very entertaining... and Oscar also gets on his back and makes noise, mostly I've seen him do it in the yard. A door A bull =)

I got a second video today of Jeff giving it back to Oscar... I think they're going to have a wonderful time living together.

Bestfriends2-1-1.jpg

aha...just what the doctor ordered for a single Cairn...a playmate. I have to be sure Oldfox (hubby) sees these videos and hope he will reconsider getting a second dog.

I love the way Oscar nudges up to Jeff and tries to entice him to play (and he does this so gently) Thanks so much for sharing these videos. Our Layla is no quiet slouch either - she loves to roll on top of her favorite rock and make all sorts of weird sounds. Hubby videoed her just last night doing this - hopefully he will post it when he gets a chance.

Husband and dog missing ...25 cents reward for dog

These videos are great. I love the Jeff and Oscar one and like Pindrop it also gives me the urge to get another Cairn, been thinking of nothing else for the last week or so... so much to think about with it though.

WallE is very clever with that crate! Funny, cos my Holly learnt to do the same thing with her crate when she was a pup, so I had to put a clasp on it to stop her doing this. She just used to rattle it til the bar slid away, not so smooth as cool WallE.

Here's a video montage from me and Holly. The UK forum guys have already seen it, but the others here may like to see it. Looking at it now it seems a bit soppy and sentimental lol, but it was just a bit of fun at the time I made it.

Very simple to do, using Animoto.com, this one I also uploaded to Youtube:

that was a great video stargemmer.... seeing Holly as a pup reminds me of Jeff... adorable. Great that you were able to take her to the Cairn Mother Land :) She looked as if she owned the land she stood on!

Bestfriends2-1-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Great videos. Looks like Oscar has what it takes in the film industry.

Taz also does the vocal head rubbing/back scratching on the floor. It cracks me up. If I'm in another room and I hear him start this up, I always have to come over and watch. They are so entertaining, aren't they?

Our Alex used do that post prandial routine right after he had a meal: rolling, rubbing, growling. He was done when he shook. Hilarious.

Thanks to all for sharing.

It's wonderful to see Jeff and Oscar playing together. Puts a big smile on your face, doesn't it? Boy, those tails were wagging like crazy! :)

I love all these videos but they make me, DH, and the Kids so impatient for our little one. We just keep watching all of them over and over!

I don't think we will ever get tired of watching all of your furkids videos.

• 1 month later...
Idaho Cairns

A "snappy" Rain Dance, performed by Sammi, witnessed by Bonnie who is less enthusiastic and artistic about those huge summer rain splats! Bon's much too prissy don't you think?

Edited by Idaho Cairns

Idaho Cairns that's a really fun and amusing video of your Cairn doing a raindance! He looked like he enjoyed catching the drops, whereas your other dog wasn't amused at all!

Nice to re-visit this forum, just got a reminder when Idaho Cairns put that video up, as I posted on this thread a while back.

Sammi is a very good dancer! She looks so happy dancing in the rain! But Bonnie - well she looks at Sammi as if she is thinking that she is mad!

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk