CairnTalk

Tuk-tuk might have Vestibular Syndrome!

DawnandTuk-tuk

Dawn, I'm sorry this is happening. You and the Vet's are doing your very best to give Tuk-tuk the very best quality of life. I know you will continue to do what is best for him. I wish I could give you a hug right now. :(

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dawn,

I haven't posted much, but you and your handsome little man are tucked into my heart tonight.

Warm hugs from Florida

Dawn my heart goes out to you, your family and Tuk-tuk. Life can be so cruel but know in your heart that what ever decision you make will be because you love your wee dog so much. And you will know... we all do. Thats what loving an animal truly is.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Dawn,

I am so sorry. There really don't seem to be any other words. You and Tuk-Tuk will be in my prayers tonight.

Brianne

The world revolves around Benny and Sally...or so they think!

I have no words that can comfort you. I know how hard this is and I pray for both you and Tuk. God bless you and your little guy.

Helene

sheila and Misty

Hi Dawn-glad to hear you and Tuk are still hanging in there I havent been here much tied up on another forum thats very important. but I do check in now and then. :thumbsup:

Oh, Dawn, there just are no words. I was in tears as I read your post about Tuk's seizure. I am just so sorry this is happening to your beloved little Tuk and your family. I will keep sending up prayers for Tuk and all of you. :candle: The incredible strength of the bond you share with Tuk is going to get you both through anything the next few days may bring. As Brad said, you are not alone. We are here for you. God bless and keep sweet Tuk-tuk.

Melissa

Dawn, you're not alone and i'm keeping you and Tuk in my thoughts.

:hug:

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

Although we know that what must be will be, it's not any easier to accept. We all know that you and your vets will make your choices with love & compassion, and do what is best for Tuk. We feel your pain and your fear of losing your sweet boy. Throughout this ordeal you have done all anyone could have possibly done, and we admire you so much for it. Be strong in the days ahead, and take comfort in knowing that your dear Tuk-Tuk will never leave your heart.

Jim & Connie

Jim, Connie, Bailey & Sophie

FLOWERCHILD-1-1.jpgBAILEYSOPHIE4-22-07002-1.jpg

I'm so sorry for the pain you must be feeling. You are in my thoughts, and I know you have the support of everyone on this forum.

You are an amazing doggie "mother" to Tuk and I know your pup loves you.

Dawn,

I'm so sorry for all the heartache you've had to endure during Tuk-tuk's illness. His story has touched all of our hearts. I hope both you and he can feel all the love the members of this forum have been sending. Be strong, or not, but know you are doing everything you possibly can for your little guy. I'm sure he knows how devoted you are to him.

Autumn

We are so heart broken for you and your beloved Tuk-tuk. You are in our thoughts and prayers. You and Tuk-tuk are very brave. May God bless you all.

cairn terriers leave pawprints on our lives

I want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart. All your kind thoughts and words help so much right now.

Tuky had another little episode this morning, just got up and started walking in circles. This has helped me be sure that I'm making the right decision. These episodes truly frighten and upset him. My vet is coming to my house which I'm grateful for. I've explained what will happen to the kids but now my son wants to stay with Tuk but I think he's too young at 8...it's hard enough at my age.

Dawn,

All of us will be with you in spirit through this. If good thoughts and prayers could be felt, you would be feeling a huge hug right now.

Helene

sheila and Misty

Dawn -know your doing the right thing-no more pain for Tuk and you wont have to worry about him getting upset when you arent there to comfort him.-I personally think this would be a good thing for an 8year old-he wont see anything too daramatic-no worse than seeing one of those seizure-and this may help prepare him later on in life to handle losing a loved one. I see no harm. I do feel the same pang of sadness when it was scruffys and punkin and gee and candee and herky and snoopys time-it always hurts but -your being very unselfish by caring soo much you dont want him to suffer :hug: for the both of you.

Dawn, my heart breaks with you right now. You and your family are in my prayers tonight. It brings a tear to my eye to hear of all this. Know that you are not alone.

Blessings and peace on you.

Love,

Brianne

The world revolves around Benny and Sally...or so they think!

Dawn, as I told you - we did this with Bandit 2 years ago after his seizures and it was so, so difficut. Looking back, I know we made the right decision at the right time. When we have a tight bond with our dogs, we just know.

I wanted to share this with you ... xo Adrienne

If it should be that I grow frail and weak,

and pain should keep me from my sleep,

then you must do what must be done,

for we know this last battle can't be won.

You will be sad, I understand,

but don't let grief then stay your hand,

for this day, more than the rest,

your love and friendship must stand the test.

We've had so many happy years,

what is to come can hold no fears.

Would you want me to suffer? So,

when the time comes, please let me go.

Take me where my needs they'll tend,

only stay with me until the end,

and hold me firm and speak to me,

until my eyes no longer see.

It is a kindness that you do to me,

although my tail it's last has waved,

from pain and suffering I have been saved.

Do not grieve, it should be you,

who must decide this thing to do.

We've been so close, we two these years,

Don't let your heart hold any tears.

--Author unknown

Dawn,

I haven't been looking at anything in the "Behavior & Health" section of the forum over the past few months but just saw all of the status messages with thoughts and prayers for you and Tuk so I went searching for the thread to find out what was the matter. I've just spent the past half hour reading all 12 pages and your story is has completely captured my heart. From the initial pain and fear of the diagnosis to the good times Tuk and the kitties had since then to the recent news, your story is so very special and so very sad. My dog is only a few months younger than Tuk-tuk and I cannot imagine the roller coaster you've been on. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Jodi

Dawn,

I am so very sorry. Again, I am sending love and hugs to you and your family. We are all heartbroken for you. You have been the best, most caring and loving mom to Tuk.

Autumn

Tears are streaming down my cheeks. I am so sad for you.

Most of us have been there at least once and the pain is horrible. We are so sorry. Big tight hugs and wet warm licks coming your way.

North Georgia, USA

Home to Miss Murphy-Cairn mix-born est. Dec.'07

Joined our family on June 16,'09

Dogs leave pawprints on your heart

Archived