CairnTalk

Tuk-tuk might have Vestibular Syndrome!

DawnandTuk-tuk

We are grieving with you~please know you are not alone. Yours & Tuk's story has touched us all, no matter the distance that separates us. You have been brave & strong, but allow yourself time to grieve. Know you are being hugged very closely in thought & prayed for, that you will find peace & healing. God bless you & Tuk....

Becky & Tanner

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dawn,

I am continuing to pray for you, Tuk, and your family this morning. Your courage and bravery has been incredible, although I am sure that you have moments where you feel like you cannot continue. Know that you are loved and that all of us on the Cairn Talk Forum are here to support you.

We lost my childhood dog, Rover, to a brain tumor when Rover was 3 years old. Its a hard thing to go through. I understand the pain you are feeling.

I've cried a few tears for you. May God give you the strength to get through the next few days.

Love,

Brianne

The world revolves around Benny and Sally...or so they think!

Dawn, My heart goes out to you, Tuk and your family. Please know you are not alone, we are with you in spirit and support.

God bless...

Lynda

I am soo sorry for this terrible time for Tuk, you and your family. I have been poking into this post to see what's going on with Tuk and even as an onlooker find it soo hard to read. I have tears all over my face right now imagining what you must be going through. Sending a big hug and thoughts your way. Sometimes life can be soo unfair :(

Just wanted to stop in and let you know I am thinking of you, your family, and your beloved Tuky every day, Dawn. I know this is a painful time for all of you, and I want you to know that I am keeping you in my prayers and sending big hugs.

Melissa

Dawn,

I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet Tuk--I'm sure he knows how much you and your family love him.

I remember when our family dog died, I got to go with my parents to the vet and look into his eyes and tell him how much I loved him--(sobbing as I write this, even after all these years)--he was my best friend growing up, and even though I didn't want to let him go, we all knew that it was time and for the best. The only thing worse would have been to put it off, knowing he was suffering so.

You will do what's best for your family, and I would just say that for me, going to the vet was sad, and a little scary, but also a comfort to say good bye and see him peaceful after seeing him sufffer.

I know there are no magic words to make it easy, nothing to say really, except that you are not alone, and your grief is real--he is a beloved member of the family--maybe a little more hairy than some, but a family member none the less. Some folks might not understand but all of us here know how these silly little creatures take up residence in our hearts, and how hard it is to let them go.

Sending you love and comfort...

Mike, Tracy, Luna-Tuna and Harleyman

Dawn - I always dread opening this thread. Good thing I can type because I cannot see through my stream of tears right now. My heart goes out to you and your family. I've had to go through this twice with my senior German Shepherds and it is never easy. You are doing the right thing and Tuky loves you. It is amazing how these little dogs can leave such a large paw imprint on our hearts.

:candle:

Dini, Buckley and Gracie

Dawn,

Please know that I'm thinking of little Tuk Tuk as well as you and your children. Having had to let my Missy go, I know just how hard this is. You are doing what is best for Tuky. I just wanted you to know you are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sure my Missy will greet him at the rainbow bridge where they play and are healthy again.

Hugs, Rhonda

Rhonda,Kramer & Angel Missy "Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog". "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are" Missy Rainbow Bridge Memorial
/>http://www.indulgedfurries.com/petdiabetes/memorium/missy2.htm

I too have a hard time reading this thread...as I knew it was coming soon for you and Tuk... Its been a year this week, Gabby had her first seizure and I got 5 weeks (a blessing her gift to me) before I had to let her go...

Words can not express my sorrow for you and your family...we all know what your going thru. Its the price we pay for all the amazing years of devotion they give us...

Your the best Mom.....take care..

Sirrell

My heart breaks for you and your family. From the day these wonderful little beings come into our lives, we know that one day we will have to say goodbye to them. No matter how many years have passed, it is always too soon. Many prayers and tears will be with you and Tuk-tuk.

Dear Dawn,

Your fine tribute to Tuk-tuk was beautiful and moving. This is very hard to accept. I cannot help but keep coming back to look at his adorable photo, even though it overwhelms me to do so. Along with you, we all feel such deep sadness. My heart goes out to you and your family and I wish it were in my power to do more.

FEAR THE CAIRN!

Archived