CairnTalk

Christmas Card Exchange 2007

hallswel

I'm usually never this early with my cards, but between our company cards (80) family and friends (40) and then the cairn cards (42ish), i had a lot to do so i brought them with to FL to do and am glad it's all done now. Once I get home I hit the gift shopping and shipping.

Terry, mom of Dori and Ellie Mae

th_IMG_0641-1.jpgth_prettypuppies.jpgth_IMG_0068.jpg

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You guys are all too fast! I just got my pictures printed and am addressing envelopes today. My goal is to have them mailed by the weekend.

Yeah more cards on the way :) We get 10 times more excited over our Cairn Christmas cards than any other cards. It's like this cute little long distance family :)

Hollie Edelbrock & Brystal Sonoma
Chris, Stacy and Little Noah

I got my Cairn cards out early, but haven't even started the family and friends yet. Maybe this weekend, being that we are expecting snow here in the mountains of Arizona.

We got 7 more yesterday. I should take a picture of my wall where they are all posted. We enjoy this very much, and would gladly spend the money on the cards and postage as opposed to one more little gift for ourselves.

I went to a couple of places last weekend looking for a way to display the cards, but didn't find anything at all. I have seen a wire wreath that is designed to display cards, but I don't know where I saw it or when. That's really what I want... something to hang on the wall to hold the cards. I found this reindeer card holder, but I think I'm going to need something larger.

last year I picked up a wire wreath card holder at BigLots. It can hold quite a few cards.

maybe they have them again this year.

I've been looking for a card holder too and haven't had any luck but here are a few I've found online.

http://tinyurl.com/39fndm I says it only holds 24 but I bet you could do it two sided.

http://tinyurl.com/2q9394 this is a craft you can do to create a card display

http://tinyurl.com/38jun2 this is another project to make clothespins into snowmen so you can hang cards on lights

I'm still looking but that's what I've found.

That reindeer card holder is really cute, but it doesn't hold enough. I like just taping them around the doorway from the dining room to the living room. It kind of makes a nice frame for the doorway and it's very festive.

I am definitely signing up early to do this next year!

Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

those snowmen clips are cute, you could mount them on a board or something and put cuphooks on the corner to hang. Good project to put the kids on making snowmen. I'll have to think about this.

Terry, mom of Dori and Ellie Mae

th_IMG_0641-1.jpgth_prettypuppies.jpgth_IMG_0068.jpg

I'm thinking about displaying mine on an ornament tree that I haven't decorated yet.

I sent my international cards today. For those reluctant to mail cards to our friends in New Zealand and Australia, I was pleasantly surprised to find it wasn't that pricey (.89 or something like that). I'll mail my domestic cards next week.

I got a metal wreath at bed bath and beyond a couple of years back here's my cards

post-291-1196992461_thumb.jpg

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

I have my door off my foyer where all my Cairn cards go. I see it all the time and when anyone walks in there being eyeballed by lots of adorable faces! I need to get a photo to post. Anyone who comes over it is all Awww's

I love it! No family/friends cards go on that door only Cairns.

Rhonda,Kramer & Angel Missy "Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog". "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are" Missy Rainbow Bridge Memorial
/>http://www.indulgedfurries.com/petdiabetes/memorium/missy2.htm

Oh my...I got like 5 cards in today! This is soooooo fun. I tell Archie to calm down so we can sit on the sofa and look at the cards from his friends...he likes to try and eat the envelopes. My husband is even getting excited about it!

Tucker's mom - We have included you on our list and should get an Archie card in a few days.

Scully's mom - I wish he could really come and play with Archie, he is a ball of energy...7 month old handful.

I love the light snowman/clothespin idea to hold the cards. I was thinking you could get the baby clothespins and glue one of those colored decorative marble/ball thingy's on it and I think that would look just as nice and be a little less involved. I actually went to Pier one and got a X-mas tree card holder. It's so covered with cards you can't tell it's a tree.LOL

heres ours IMG_4780.jpg

IMG_4779.jpg

I didnt want to put them to close to the bottom b/c scotty WILL eat them

Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really." - Carlotta Monterey O'Neill

sheila and Misty

I have mine on a wall too will try to get my husband to get a picture for me. suggestions-if you dont mind the simple look current has a huge cardboard wreath with slots that works well -but my family goes in that one and before that I stapled them to ribbon and attatched the whole string of cards on my rail in my entrance- I always display my cards I dont like them in a basket. One year I stapled the cards together like a tree as they came in-for ex...first one was the top then two then the next row was three etc. I ended up with a huge wall tree. kindof looked neat. may have to do it again-if I run out of room.

At first I had the photos in a wire wreath, but didn't like that we couldn't see all the pictures. So, I moved the cards to over the fireplace and just love them there. (we have yet to send or receive family cards, but I'm so happy with the cairn cards) I really hope these pictures work... I cannot for the life of me figure out how to resize properly... I apologize in advance Brad if these are the wrong size. I am determined though to figure out how you all add pictures so easily. <crossing fingers before hitting add reply>

8bo5g2d.jpg

85a7ncy.jpg

I love them hanging off the fireplace.... the photo with Bailey sitting with the cards is so cute!!!

still determining how i'm going to display mine.

Kate, Darcy & Bailey's mom

Savannahs cards are addressed and should be in the mail today! WOO HOO!

I have a card holder that I found at Publix of all places where my cards are displayed. I will try and take a picture of it this weekend to post. :)

Thank you all for the cards! I will keep everyone of them! I still have all mine from last year! I love looking at them year round!

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

Thanks turtlepeace8...Tucker and I will be waiting! I cannot thank all of you enough for including me in this so late..I can't believe how many cards I received already - this is so much fun!

thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

Kathy & Tucker

av-2164.jpg

Shorefeet,

I love your fireplace. I is so nice and big and the pictures look beautiful.

Sheila, your cards look great how you have them displayed.

Nicole Kristen, I did the same as you on one of my doors. I will post a picture hopefully tomorrow.

Rhonda,Kramer & Angel Missy "Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog". "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are" Missy Rainbow Bridge Memorial
/>http://www.indulgedfurries.com/petdiabetes/memorium/missy2.htm

Archived