CairnTalk

Christmas Card Exchange 2007

hallswel

we got Archie's card today! I was surprised how much him and Scotty look alike! They could be twins!

Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really." - Carlotta Monterey O'Neill

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am loving all the cards we are receiving!

Thanks to Liz for organizing all of this and thanks to Brad for managing this site. I look forward to the mail everyday and seeing all the pictures of our big cairn family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Holidays everybody!!! Luv, Lynn, Dave, Lily, Grace & Molly :P

sheila and Misty

were soo happy to have squeeked in -They are all so precious! We have better plans for next time. Hope it happens again! My husband cracks me up- never knew something like this would excite him. wonderfull people wonderfull cairns. I feel fortunate to have found such a caring group. :)

too many paws (aka Beth)

Thanks for the compliment, I was proud of the cards this year. Yes, I did some graphic work in adobe photoshop and then had them printed online.

Please do not drive and do cards! That was similiar to an experience I just had, I was fiddling with my stupid cell, and looked up as I was going into a ditch, rode the side, over corrected was all over the road, and bout gave myself a heart attack! I said never again, people will just have to wait on me!!! And, here I was doing the very thing I have scolded my kids over, sheesh. And, I scratched up my car some, but hubby thinks he can buff out the worst of it. I hope so.

So, I repeat, PLEASE DO NOT DRIVE AND DO ANYTHING BUT DRIVE!!!

Valerie

Oh goodness Val, good thing you're ok. I've run off the road looking at the sparkles on the ceiling of my car that were from my diamond rings....LOL that's so bad!!!! Glad you are ok, other than a few car scratches.

Terry, mom of Dori and Ellie Mae

th_IMG_0641-1.jpgth_prettypuppies.jpgth_IMG_0068.jpg

Well I've finally got our cards done and hope to post them in the morning, I think it takes about a week to get to you guys from Oz.

We have three already, I really enjoy collecting the mail these days to see which cute puppy will arrive in my mail box.

ctdogs.jpg

LOL, that is particularly funny, since I happen to work for a jewelry store! I like blingdiamond.jpg too!

I think it is a woman thing.

But anyway, thanks Terri

Thank you guys for all the cards. As many of you know, I am living with my parents right now as I have recently gone through a divorce and i am waiting for my old house to sell. Anyway, we have received so many cards! My dad came to me on Saturday with 4 cards in hand and said, "Do we live here anymore or did Savannah just take over!" LOL

We haven't forgotten about you guys. Pics are being printed as we speak. Hope to have the cards out to everyone this week! Thanks for doing this Liz! I keep the cards I get every year. They brighten my day no matter what time of year.

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

Val.....Now that's what I'm talking about!!!!! Baaaaaaling!!!! LOL

I want my cards.....booohooooo!!!!!

Terry, mom of Dori and Ellie Mae

th_IMG_0641-1.jpgth_prettypuppies.jpgth_IMG_0068.jpg

snowed in today so I won't be going to the post office to see if I have any new Cairn cards to open.

for those who asked if that was a watecolor I painted for my card this year. Well, sort of. Most often I work in watercolor. That painting is casein(a milk based paint) on canvas board.

Cricket was my model. Thanks for the compliments. I wanted to do something seasonal but not neccessarily Christmas.

:) she loves the snow.

snowed in today so I won't be going to the post office to see if I have any new Cairn cards to open.

for those who asked if that was a watecolor I painted for my card this year. Well, sort of. Most often I work in watercolor. That painting is casein(a milk based paint) on canvas board.

Cricket was my model. Thanks for the compliments. I wanted to do something seasonal but not neccessarily Christmas.

:) she loves the snow.

And you did a beautiful beautiful job.

I hit the jackpot today... I had 6 cards come all at once. Woohooooo! Gotta love a Cairn Christmas.

This has been so much fun. It is so awesome to see so many Cairns. My husband's mom and dad each have a scottish terrier and Archie is kind of the odd one out, but this is something unique and special...just for his kind. Next year, I will do all the names, it is so fun! :)

Next year, I will do all the names, it is so fun! :)

I feel similarly. I'm really not a "card person" but I have to admit, I enjoy these cards like no others. I now feel guilty that I'm getting cards from folks that were not on my limited 'send' list. Live and learn. Maybe next year!

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

I love getting all the cairn cards angel likes them to I show her the cards and she gives them all a couple kissies. I had got some extra cards when I ordered my cards from shutterfly so I just sent them out to all 42..I kinda felt bad b/c after I sent them a couple people got added after I send them! sorry!

Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really." - Carlotta Monterey O'Neill

Brad and Turtlepeace,

I know what you mean, it is difficult to do them all, but I can't stand thinking of missing one single card so I do it.

James and I truly love each card and person who takes the time to send them out!

thank you all! We are very glad to be a part of this group.

Valerie

Mollyrocker, we absolutly loved your card I am going to frame it and hang it on my wall!!! Thank you!

we are loving getting all our Cairn cards and had fun getting them together as well....

for anyone who wasn't on the list I have to post my dogs...sitting so nicely for their venison treats!!

Roxy was suppose to be the elf and Chewy Santa but Roxy was not about to tolerate that elf hat!! (its the diva in her)

Poor Chew he looks so tormented!!! :P

Two outtakes from our holiday pictures....notice my poor Lily in both pictures. She is the one "pouting" because mommy made her wear a sweater!

post-1712-1196801827_thumb.jpg

Look at Grace trying to escape! No...Dave is not pulling her tail I promise!

post-1712-1196801845_thumb.jpg

Trying to get three girls in one picture was nearly impossible. As you all will see in my card, ended up having to go with one that had my husband's hand right in the middle of the picture!

turtlepeace8, I have to tell you this funny story.

I have all the Cairn pictures up on the wall behind where I sit in the family room. The last week Scully's been looking up at what we thought was the window. Tonight we figured it out. Scully jumped up on my lap and put her paws on the arm of the chair to get closer to the wall. She was cocking her head back and forth and was fixated on something. Then...she started "speaking" the way she does to the wall and this little bark that she makes if she's trying to get your attention. Here, what she was doing was trying to get Archie's attention! I think because of his coloring and the fact his picture sits about shoulder level with how I sit she can see him and she's trying to get him to play. It's a riot!

I missed the deadline to get in on the card exchange this year but a few of you very nice people managed to squeeze me in a card and I am so happy - I received 4 cards and they are soooo nice. Next year I want in at the start. Thanks again for the cards! Merry Christmas to all of you!

Kathy and Tucker

av-2164.jpg

I missed the deadline to get in on the card exchange this year but a few of you very nice people managed to squeeze me in a card and I am so happy

We'll make sure we remind you next year!!!

Tucker should be getting Kramers card any day now. I love my cairn cards! My son is even running to the mail to get them. We should post our Cairn card walls. Fun too see how everyone displays them.

Rhonda,Kramer & Angel Missy "Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog". "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are" Missy Rainbow Bridge Memorial
/>http://www.indulgedfurries.com/petdiabetes/memorium/missy2.htm

sheila and Misty

better start saving for postage for next year-from the sound of it-seems like the list will be growing ......Its soo definately worth it though. does everyone always send them out this early? I did because it sounded like thats what you guys do. I do send mine normally earlier than most but thats just how my planning system works out the most eficient, so it doesnt really matter to me -just curious. :

It's funny, I think each year mine go out earlier and earlier. My Sister in law sent out her's November 29th. I got it the next day, I said boy you are early. The only cards I'm recieving are my Cairn cards. Family and friends usually get here mid December. Thats ok though because my Cairn cards get first priority on my card door :thumbsup:

I like to get my picture cards done early so I kow they are here at my home by the end of November.

Rhonda,Kramer & Angel Missy "Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog". "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are" Missy Rainbow Bridge Memorial
/>http://www.indulgedfurries.com/petdiabetes/memorium/missy2.htm

Archived