CairnTalk

Holly is in Hospital

josie&holly

Congrats on the new car!  Now both you and Holly will be riding in style. :)

14220349519_dcffa889ef.jpgP1000582 by dunster.josephine, on Flickr

Holly had a ride in the newer car today and she seemed happy - went to sleep!

She did well at hydrotherapy on Tuesday, paddled straight off, Kate was pleased and said she was lot better even though she still does not extend her legs fully.  Must make appt for the Vet to see how she is as now down to hald a steroid tablet every other day and due to finish Sunday.

• Like 5

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

But how long till you get to sit up in the uprights seats.;)

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

The new chariot to carry the chariot and the Queen looks great! I'm glad Holly has found suitable transportation. 

Also great to hear the hydrotherapy seems to be working. I concur with other posters who've said you're an incredible dog mom. Holly is lucky to have you. 

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

Went to our local vet for a check up this morning. Fiona, the vet, was pleased at how well Holly was doing though she said there was still some problems with back leg (when tired still drags it a bit, and will stand with it splayed out at times, some rigidity also) and felt it would be interesting to see how she went on now she had finished the steroids.

She could see that the hydrotherapy had helped and also felt I had been right to buy stroller so she could walk a bit further and have rests.

Does not want to see her again until her booster is due unless have any problems.

She now weighs 8 kilo again.

• Like 4

Such good news! Keep on trucking Holly. !

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Very Cool Holly!!  You & mom will love your Yaris.  I have been telling Demps and Els about your new wheels.  They wanted to know if the chariot came with double seats and I informed them that mom was not pushing their little furry butts around - they would be wiggling them right along side of my feet.  As I hope that Holly will be doing some day soon again.  Hugs and kisses.

Edited by Dempsy's Mom
  • Like 1

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Holly had a ride in the newer car today and she seemed happy - went to sleep!

Very well then the new car has Holly's complete approval. You two have fun with new car.

Hydrotherapy went well as she extended her back legs a more than she has been doing and so swam more naturally.

• Like 1

It's good to hear that Holly is continuing to recover and making progress.  She's a true Cairn - never gives up!

Very happy to say that Holly is now almost back to normal (whatever that is). Staying at my sisters home in Hampshire for a few days and we did a loong walk in local nature reserve yesterday, going uphill and then back down some narrow steep paths and Holly never seemed bothered by anything and in fact she was eager to sniff out the rabbits and foxes etc. kept her on lead as did not want her disappearing in strange area! She walked far better than me!

• Like 6

Holly's progress is more than any of us could have expected.  Well done!  It's so nice you have your friend back participating in activities with you. :)

• Like 1

Josie, I am so happy for both you and Holly! :)  I hope the summer weather stays decent to make up for Holly's lousy spring!

Happy,happy that Holly is much better.You did a marvelous job taking care of her and are to be commended. She is indeed a lucky dpg

So happy to hear this!

Taffy, Reuben, Annie, Moondoggie, Lexie, Walter, Joey, Tonto, Earl, Beebo, Fuzz, Mr Bean.  And a whole bunch of cats.