CairnTalk

Holly is in Hospital

josie&holly

Thank you for all your good wishes.

Have just rung and been told the diarhea has lessened, and she has had a bit of chicken and a bit of kibble this morning. The vet has seen her and is happy with her. Still going tomorrow to visit again.

• Like 1

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

Josie,

I know how you feel.  The whole time they're gone and you don't know what to expect really tries the nerves.

I hope Holly can come home soon.

Take care,

Tara

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

Oh no, just seeing this, poor Holly!  Sending you a huge hug and sending lots of healing vibes Holly's way.  It sounds like she is on the mend, eating chicken and kibble this morning is very encouraging.  Take care of yourself Josie, Holly is in very good hands.

Breaks my heart.  Cairns are tough little cookies - Hope Holly gets home soon.  Loves and hugs. :hug:

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Been to see Holly this morning. She is improving slowly, the diarrhoea has stopped but she is eating very little. Have to phone tomorrow morning to see if any decision made about her coming home.

Holly is now home.  still on steroids, and can only have five minutes walk in garden on lead at regular intervals.  The Physio said that I have to tickle and brush her feet to get the nerves stimulated.  Have to back in two weeks to see the Vet but in meantime need to go to my regular Vet just for a check on how she is doing at end of this week.

Up to now she has no interest in eating, though have tried various things!  However, she has had a drink of water.  She wants to sleep.

This describes what apparently is the diagnosis  http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_fibrocartilaginous_embolism.html

• Like 1

I'm glad Holly is back home with you.  Just being home should lift her spirits (and yours).  Take it day by day.  She's a tough little Cairn and nothing is impossible in Cairnworld. 

• Like 1

my impression is that holly can still walk, if so she is lucky and seems you should be very optimistic. even if she is not walking normally there is evidently hope that she will. do you have a physical therapist in the region? i'm glad she is not in pain and is home and safe. you have your work cut out for you, but if i'm understanding what you have written there is a lot of hope she will come out of it in good shape. we are behind you. 

• Like 1

Happy to hear Holly is back home with you, but heavy hearted to hear what you're facing together in terms of recovery. They are such proud, earnest little dogs, it makes seeing them down that much harder.

I am a Reiki master and teacher. With your permission I will include Holly in my healing circle. My sense is she will recover, albeit gradually. Take care of yourself, remain hopeful, and please keep us posted.

Pat

aka Roux's mom

Edited by Roux's Mom
  • Like 1

Thank you for all your kind thoughts and prayers.

Holly had a good nights sleep, drank a dish of water during night so took her out immediately we came down and she did a rather uneven squat!  She will walk a few steps and then suddenly her left back leg seems to forget where it is and drags, then her front left paw  splays out.  

Came in drunk some more water, did not eat anything, and after a struggle managed to get her tablets down her!  She has now gone to sleep again.  but in a bit will wake her and do a bit of the physio that I have to do - bicycling her legs, stretching and bending, ticking paws.

Will just have to see how it goes as to whether she recovers fully but going to try as hard as possible to get her back to normal.

Then she had a lot of runny diarrhea so contacted Vet and went and got some Prokolin.  still not eating but is drinking.  Wants to sleep but has had some trips to garden.

Awww, bicycling her legs.  Poor baby. I am so glad she is home with you again. I'm sure you will do everything in your power to get her healthy again. I'm sure she is extra sleepy from being at the hospital - stressful. You and Holly are in my thoughts and prayers. :hug: