CairnTalk

The battle is on

Dempsy's Mom

Oh My Gosh! I was so excited! Donna and her girls just pulled in the yard on their way to celebrate a 97th birthday of a true farmgal named Nelly at the nursing home. Nelly will be so excited when she finds out who intends on crashing her party. Guess who is going to the birthday party??!!! You guessed it, Gracie! Gracie was in the back seat of the suburban in a wicker basket lined with a pink blanket & Gracie was adorned with a pink bow in her hair. She was adorable and happy and really excited about all the attention. I snapped a couple of pics. Oh you guys, I made the right decision. Gracie will have a good life. :wub: Gracie has touched so many lives during her week and a half of life.

You might have to click on the pics to enlarge them to get a good look.

post-4719-0-21638400-1332782949_thumb.jp

post-4719-0-17627200-1332782960_thumb.jp

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't let Demps see those photos. He might think he got the wrong end of this deal and should have moved over there himself!

Just kidding. But yes, it looks like Gracie is going to be a very pampered pet.

Idaho Cairns

I'm just loving this story! Lori, you have started a real cliff hanger (sort of) here--you realize that Gracie fans are going to need constant updates. Keep it coming!

Gracie looks so beautiful, and looks like she has grown. I am so glad she is happy. I love hearing the update and appreciate the you taking the time to update us. Thank you!

That is just something else a calf with a pink bow in her hair. Thanks to you she will have a good life. Its great she can visit you and her Uncle Demps.

It looks as if Gracie's back isn't quite as arched as it was? Is that situation straightening out?

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

No Gracie's hump is still there & the little curve in her spine, but she is getting healthier and it isn't as evident.

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

The pics of Gracie going to the nursing home are positively precious. How wonderful that your little girl is bringing so much happiness to others, Lori!

I have never heard of a cow visiting a care home before, nor have I ever seen a calf on a bed, and now with a pink bow in her hair! She is an amazing little calf and obviously going to be made a great fuss of!! Lovely story but am very glad to hear that Dempsey is getting is full attention again. :)

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

• 4 weeks later...

I got behind reading the board and had to search for this thread! What a great ending! You really should consider writing a book on this. I used to teach elem. school and would read "The True Story of Okee the Otter" by Dorothy Wisbeski every year. The kids loved it and I even had them come back years later and ask if I still read it to the kids. Maybe once calving season is over you could think about it!

I should read Okee. Glad you enjoyed little Gracie. I talked to Donna, the gal she is with, just yesterday and Gracie is doing well. She said that they keep her in a calf hut now and let her out during the day. Every day she can't wait to get out and runs around the yard at full speed, kicking up her heels. Two little boys were there the other day when they let Gracie out and they enjoyed chasing her around the yard. They have a very large fenced in yard and I can just see Gracie enjoying the chase. A dairy cow had a set of twins and now Gracie has a friend - Donna says they are about the same size - I will have to get a pic. So glad that we named her Grace.

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

What a privilege it has been to follow the story of Gracie! Whoever could have guessed that by joining this cairn terrier forum, we'd all become completely captivated with the story of a little orphaned calf named Gracie, with a pink bow in her hair? :D I can't wait to see the "Made-for-TV-Movie!"

FEAR THE CAIRN!

wonderful and compelling story. Loved it and will continue to hope for the best for everyone,animal and human involved.

w

Agree it would be wonderful if you could write up Grace's ( and Dempsey's) story. Kids would love it.

Archived