CairnTalk

Cairn Christmas Cards 2011

beccadiane374

Oh no! Divot and Family chose the same card as us! How embarrassing. Lol. It's like if Divot and Ripley arrived at a Christmas party wearing the same sweater or something :lol:

But both cards are adorable!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh no! Divot and Family chose the same card as us! How embarrassing. Lol. It's like if Divot and Ripley arrived at a Christmas party wearing the same sweater or something :lol:

But both cards are adorable!

Double the pleasure!!

My cards mailed yesterday. Please note that only Taz is in the photo. Our "senior" Gypsy opted out this year. She said that after 15 years of putting up with xmas and halloween antics and embarrassments, she is sitting this one out. So she watched the photo shoot from the corner of the room with a distinct smirk on her face. Taz just rolled his eyes (but loved the attention).

But to keep in the spirit - here's Gypsy 5 years ago during a seasonal moment.

post-3864-0-69557800-1323385807_thumb.jp

Not to worry--your cairns looked just beautiful in the same "Dress"!

My husband particularly liked Divot's card. How did he not eat those cookies?

KShep, I'm proud to have picked the same card as you! It's so exciting to hear that people have started receiving ours! Oh, and the cookies--let's just say that it was a challenge to keep them on the plate and leave it at that, okay? :lol:

Buffy and Ziggy have received 6 cards already and one is cuter than the next. DH and I are both amazed at the cute poses and costumes - our two weren't nearly that cooperative. I was lucky to get a photo that wasn't just a furry blur.

Have to say that I am enjoying the cards that are arriving now - love to see everyone's Cairns!

Apologies for the fact that my cards are not of Holly but instead I support the Cairn Rescue charity here in UK by buying Cairn cards from them.

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

I just had a mailbox full of cards from you guys. I sat down and opened them...I tend to look at the city and state on the address labels since I'm not familiar with everyone's names. Then came a card and I thought "Oooh San Diego! Whose dog lives there?" opened it but there was no dog.

I got so confused whose it was until I remembered: dogs are not the only ones who send Christmas cards! It took me about 30 seconds to realize it was from my cousin! We need a ditz emoticon for me :D

I hope when you guys get mine, no one minds we made a card 'starring' Hubble, but one we could also use for our friends and family. This is our first card we've sent out as a couple (although we've been together 2+ years) all thanks to you guys! :)

It is the Holiday Season and I am going to enjoy every card I get and will not worry what it looks like or says, unless it is from a credit card company and the first line reads "Your New Balance Is....!". That one will make me grimace but nothing I get from any of you will get anything other than a smile and a warm fuzzy! No apologies necessary from this part of the world. Sammi and Bonnie have participated in and have personally sniffed every card we have received!

...and Fran just walked in with the mail and four more cards were the focus of attention--the girls want to know about that one black Cairn that has showed up amongst all the Blondie's! We are a Wheaten plethora-ized bunch!!!

I'm really liking this--our main door in and out is plastered with Cairn Cards! Kids are going to love that.

It is the Holiday Season and I am going to enjoy every card I get and will not worry what it looks like or says, unless it is from a credit card company and the first line reads "Your New Balance Is....!". That one will make me grimace but nothing I get from any of you will get anything other than a smile and a warm fuzzy! No apologies necessary from this part of the world. Sammi and Bonnie have participated in and have personally sniffed every card we have received!

...and Fran just walked in with the mail and four more cards were the focus of attention--the girls want to know about that one black Cairn that has showed up amongst all the Blondie's! We are a Wheaten plethora-ized bunch!!!

I'm really liking this--our main door in and out is plastered with Cairn Cards! Kids are going to love that.

That's what DH said....he's not as versed in Cairns as me, but is just as enthusiastic about the breed. He said "Look at the black one!"

I'm the same. Love each and every card- love the sentiment- and love seeing where the all come from.

Well I hope no one minds a homemade card I have had to use odds and ends around the house to make mine. they are not as beautiful as the ones I have received. I had internet problems and could not order them as I planned then my oldest and I have had the flu and my youngest has had a virus, so getting these cards to put together going to work and taking care of sick children and lets not forget taking care of the DH and Kelly too has been a real trick. I have enjoyed it I just wish I could have made them look a little better. I will have to say getting the photo of Kelly was the easy part. She curled up under the Christmas tree and looked up so sweet and innocent like, when my son snapped the picture. He got it in one take.

I have loved every card I have received and plan on turning them into an album after the Holidays ( that is if we don't wear them out looking at them). Right now they are hanging where every one can see them. This group has the most beautiful furkids!

Well I hope no one minds a homemade card I have had to use odds and ends around the house to make mine. they are not as beautiful as the ones I have received. I had internet problems and could not order them as I planned then my oldest and I have had the flu and my youngest has had a virus, so getting these cards to put together going to work and taking care of sick children and lets not forget taking care of the DH and Kelly too has been a real trick. I have enjoyed it I just wish I could have made them look a little better. I will have to say getting the photo of Kelly was the easy part. She curled up under the Christmas tree and looked up so sweet and innocent like, when my son snapped the picture. He got it in one take.

I have loved every card I have received and plan on turning them into an album after the Holidays ( that is if we don't wear them out looking at them). Right now they are hanging where every one can see them. This group has the most beautiful furkids!

Homemade cards are the best!! I'm sure they're great, we're always just too hard on ourselves. Also everyone is sick right now, unfortunately. It's so much work especially for a Mom!!

I will be lucky if I get my cards out in time. They were delivered to my boyfriend's and the poor thing has been sick more than month (doctors can't figure out what's wrong...walking pneumonia maybe?). So I haven't seen him since they arrived, to avoid getting both of us out of the running for the holidays.

Mine may turn out to be New Year's cards! :)

Yeah, I've got the sick going here, too, so who knows when I'll get the cards out the door. Sinus infection, infection in both ears, I'm a mess. I'm on the upswing though (thank you, Z-pak!), so I'm hoping to get the tree decorated tonight and ready for the Cairn photo session later! Packy and Kirby love getting mail and they get more cards than we get!

Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

KShep--what a clever idea! I love it! We might copy you again--first the card design, now your display design! :lol:

Martha Stewart's idea! An embroidery hoop, hot glue, clothes pins, ribbon and decoration of your choice. Easy and inexpensive.

I am so sorry I missed this years exchange but it so nice to see it stillg going on.

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

Fun you guys. All the cards are wonderful. Love reading all your thoughts and ideas on this forum. Really enjoyed the poem/Christmas story from Buffy & Ziggy - Dempsy listened so carefully and was very happy with Buffy's decision at the end. :halo:

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Fun you guys. All the cards are wonderful. Love reading all your thoughts and ideas on this forum. Really enjoyed the poem/Christmas story from Buffy & Ziggy - Dempsy listened so carefully and was very happy with Buffy's decision at the end. :halo:

Buffy thanks you. Ziggy, however, says that Buffy would NEVER be that nice to him in real life. :P

Yes Helene, we enjoyed the poem as well--standing at the kitchen counter last evening after a hard day of Christmas shopping in the cold Idaho weather, starting dinner, and with the girls happily dancing around at our feet, hot cup of coffee in my hand--that Buffy choice tale just seemed to hit the right spot!

Loving all the cards -- I've got them up on a door that I see very often -- the refrigerator!

Just sent mine out. I tried to take Christmassy pictures, but somebody wasn't cooperating! Finally just used the best pics I could find, and I'm happy with that.

Archived