CairnTalk

Cairn Christmas Cards 2011

beccadiane374

I can't imagine not having this tradition, so...since no one else has mentioned it, I have to! I can muddle my way through "taking charge" this year, if we want to do a Christmas card exchange again. (Although, those of you who have spearheaded it in the past, feel free to give me any advise!!) :)

For those new members, please feel free to join the fun! Every year, those of us who wish to, engage in a Christmas card exchange...it is one of my favorite things of the season! Cards generally include a picture of the cairn (but do not have to) and it is wonderfully fun! If you wish to be a part, please email me your name (first & last), cairns name(s), full address and email address, and how many cards you would like to send (i.e., all, 10, 20, whichever) For reference, it seems that in the past, "all" is generally an average of 30-38. Please make the title of your email "Cairn Christmas Cards". My email address is: beccadiane374@yahoo.com. Please have the information to me by Nov 18 and I will try to get it all back to you by Thanksgiving.

For fun, I've attached a couple of Tanner's pictures from past years!

post-4074-0-76434000-1320427980_thumb.jp

post-4074-0-55820700-1320427988_thumb.jp

post-4074-0-22709900-1320428005_thumb.jp

Becky & Tanner

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing I forgot (thanks, Kathryn!)...please let me know if you are willing to send cards out of the country....thanks!

Becky & Tanner

Thanks for organizing this year, Becky! We're in; Packy and Kirby LOVE to get mail! :santa:

Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

This has always confused me, are these mailed (snail mail) cards or are they e-greeting type cards???? I have felt left out but that is my own fault for not clarifying I suspect.

We always did snail mail. That means "Holly and Me"(UK) and "Welly Goggles"(New Zealand)

, et al, might not get their mail by the designated date, but it hasn't seemed to matter so far.

It's just so wonderful hearing from everyone.

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

What is wonderful about snail mail cards -- is you can save them. I participated the past 2 years and kept all the cards because they were all so AWESOME! Thank you Becky for taking this on.

We've done the snail mail cards, but I don't see why you couldn't do e-mail cards if you want. They're always fun to get, too!

We've exchanged cairn cards for two years, and we love it. We line the bannister with them. My favorite comment from a visitor? "All of your friends seem to have the same kind of dog you do..."

I participated for the first time last year, and had such a blast! After a dreary day at work, it was such a pick-me-up to get the mail and be greeted by a lot of festive, cheerful, Cairns!

Becky, thanks for taking this on -- I'll email you the particulars.

sheila and Misty

please send us the list too! I think I had asked someone here just last week about it. I know Im not on here too often but I do miss it.

give me some time- well be back more often- still too much going on around here.

we will do overseas too we usually do.

Ill surely have alot of catching up to do I dont even know half the members anymore- please keep me posted- thanks guys

I want to participate sooo badly but I know I'd drop the ball on sending mine out :lol:

Womp womp.

Edit: Maybe you guys can upload the photos after all have received theirs, so those of us who aren't organized enough (cough-me-cough) or too far away or too busy to participate can see? Pretty please ;)

sheila and Misty

can be a bit expensive but in the long run theres nothing like opening a card from a cairn. Just like someone said a year or so back-Makes you feel like a little kid again waiting for the mail.

What a wonderful tradition! To see all the happy Cairn faces! Would love to be included but am unclear on how the whole thing works. Understand the part about sending the info to the "Volunteer Card Organizer" & the snail mail part but how's it work from there?? Sorry to be so dense but it seems I'm missing something about the process. And, for those of you with experience, how do you get a Cairn to sit still for a picture????

I have been thinking about Christmas Cairns too. I am also a bit confused - I read about all of your fun last year. I am sure that once you sign up it will all become clear what to do. ? So ... we sign up, and then we get everybodies addresses how? - and then we make up our cards and mail them out right? then we sit and wait and we will receive cards through the mail throughout the Christmas Season? I love the idea. Gotta get on it just as soon as I am out of the grain cart. Two more days!

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

You send your information to the organizer, who puts it all together in a big list. Once the deadline has been reached, she e-mails you a list (with the number you requested) of people and their addresses to send cards to. Some people say they'll send to everyone, so they get a big list. Others only want to send out maybe 10, so they get a smaller list.

Now the fun starts! Lately, a lot of people have been using the online photo card services to make their Cairn cards, although I've gotten some handmade ones and just regular ones with a photo inside. It's up to you to be as creative as you want. I used Walgreens.com last year and it was pretty convenient. Lots of times, the cards are addressed to the dogs, which always makes me giggle. Before long, you'll start to receive cards and you'll be comparing everyone else's Cairns with yours. "He looks just like Kirby," or "that's a beautiful coat," or "I can't believe they got their dog to do that!"

That's all. Just ask again if you have more detailed questions. Someone will answer.

I love the photos of Cairns and have at times used a photo and one of the excellent custom card services. On the other hand some years (like this year) I just can't manage that and send a Cairn-themed card instead.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Okay, I get it now. Thanks! But, how do you get the dog to stand still? Would hate to send a card out with a sleeping Cairn on it :)

I had a panic moment this morning thinking... did I miss the Xmas Card exchange deadline?

LOL Seriously this is the only way I we get any cards at my house. Thank you!

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

I love getting the cards from USA especially those addressed to Holly - I like the fact the postperson thinks I have all these friends that send my dog a card! Especially since that said dog barks very loudly like mad when the post comes and one of the postman thought I had a really large dog and got a surprise when he saw her! The post coming gives Holly exercise as she always races back and forth to the door whilst barking so Christmas post is great fun.

I join in even though it costs a lot in postage from UK because I would miss them now I have started doing it!

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

Some of the local malls have a special date when you can have your pet's picture taken with Santa. I did that one year, and it was such a blast! Zekey enjoyed it too, since he got to stand in line with all the other doggies.

Last year I just put a holiday elastic velvet collar on the boys and quick snapped their pics before they tore it off. Sometimes the outtakes make the most interesting cards!

Archived