CairnTalk

bradl

bradl

• 5 weeks later...

Brad,I love the pics of all your Cairns! They are gorgeous dark brindle and just the sort I'd like if I got another Cairn to keep company with Holly.

There are a few characters these types of Cairns always remind me of, "Spit the Dog" is a puppet by a famous ventriloquist/commedian here in UK called Bob Carolgees, I'm sure Spit is based off a dark Cairn, and "Gnasher" from the Beano comic fame. Because both of these are real tykes, real feisty clever little characters, I tend to think the dark ones will be really cheeky lol

• 2 months later...

Happy birthday Haggis, today you are 16.

6019228280_5247e8f512_z.jpg

Haggis - sweet sixteen by robinsend, on Flickr

You're just as adorable as when you were 1.

6018707571_f0e7e38b67_z.jpg

Haggis - age 1 by robinsend, on Flickr

So far on his birthday Haggis has had a nice walk in the neighborhood and some yogurt. This afternoon he will have a small party with his daughter Echo, grand-pup Stella, and his grand-nephew Dundee - they will each have a peanut butter Frosty Paw. His two-footed admirers will have banana cake :P

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Idaho Cairns

I am ashamed to admit it but Sammi was seven on the first and we didn't do more than get her and Bonnie some small tennis balls at Petsmart! Now I feel guilty, especially considering how much joy she brings into my life. However, their lives are so cushy, so protected, so filled with love that I have to wonder what we could "give" that would enhance her existence. Well, that's my excuse and I guess I'll stick with it.

I actually feel similarly - not much on birthday celebrations - for myself or for the dogs. I guess to be brutally honest I'm not sure how many more birthdays we'll get to mark with the H, so perhaps more motivated than usual to make sure we acknowledge it to ourselves as much as anything. A reminder to cherish the time we are given.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support

As always the present and past photos are excellent. Brad I get a wonderful peaceful feeling seeing healthy happy Cairns celebrating mild stone birthdays.

I'm not much on celebrating birthdays either. I try to celebrate everyday my loved ones are with me.

I hope Haggis has many more birthdays Brad. I hope he had a good one today!cake.gif

Happy 16th Birthday, Haggis! Brad she is still as beautiful as she was in her 1 yr photo. Oh I do think turning 16, Haggis does deserve a special day. We have to cherish everyday we have them.

{{Hugs}} from Bailey, Radar & Lynda

(Would like to add that Radar resembles Haggis so much in her early years.)

Haggis is a very young looking boy, it's amazing that he is 16. How is his Brother doing? Does he look as young as Haggis?

Does young whipper snapper Dundee still idolize Haggis?

Edited by Tracy A.

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

• 3 months later...

6415673419_36ae45bf15_z.jpg

The Watcher by robinsend, on Flickr

This is my typical view of the TV set. Note the ex-pen around the stereo cabinet to prevent Dundee from jumping at it while trying to break up fights (and stop crime) should any drama break out onscreen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I get the same sort of TV picture at time too Bradl.................. I blame Holly for my stiff neck at times! :lol:

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

is that the head of Dundee or Stella? Must be Dundee i'm thinking? A well groomed head at that too!

I think we are all used to viewing our worlds thru Cairn ears! I just went down to the store to get Chili mixins', it snowed today and the girls and I were lazing around so I thought a big pot of chili would be the right thing to set the atmosphere. Driving down to Albertson's I looked in the rear view mirror and there was Bonnie on the back shelf, ears up looking at her world and I could see Sammi's ears as she sat propped up on the back of the console. I was thinking "You need to get a picture of this!" and then I open up this thread and, lo and behold, another beautiful view of someone else's world via a Cairn. Dundee looking good, making his day with Clint! Gotta love that.

Dundee. He's the first dog we've had who's head hair really does stand up pretty much all the time, naturally. At a recent eye clinic the ophthalmologist laughed when I brought him in and claimed Dundee looked like Billy Idol.

Dundee has a nice coat... but I am up to the task of ruining it eventually :P

Dundee has a nice coat... but I am up to the task of ruining it eventually :P

Brad you are cracking me up. You know that if the dog has a good natural wiry coat, you pretty much can't really ruin it. My Brattwurst is an example of that. My groomer teacher is in awe of his coat- it seems to thrive no matter what I do or don't do to it.

• Like 1

Oh...love the picture of Dundee watching tv! His coloring is gorgeous.

I also see that view or the other view -- the butt! I guess that's their best side :blush:

• 5 months later...