CairnTalk

bradl

bradl

Ah, no worries Tracy. Dundee became our first choice after we spent some time with him.

We are terribly slow about coming to peace with names and need to try them out for a while before settling.

Once we were released from the burden of sticking with a baseball name we decided that while we love the name Wrigley, it didn't suit him somehow. I came across Dundee cake while perusing a list of Scottish food; we tried it out for a while and it stuck. Every time we tried out a different name, we kept coming back to Dundee. It seems a good name for a puppy and for an adult as well.

His full-on registered name is still TBD. I've asked the breeder how much she cares if we work baseball in there or not :P

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

He looks like one intense little guy -- those eyes!

About the names, you could always change the spelling a little, and name him "Wriggly Dundee". I'm sure it would be apt! :D

Dundee Cake is very good/tasty[rich fruit cake with slices of almond on top] - and Dundee itself is a fine city, so Dundee the Cairn should be good and fine with a touch of fruit and nut case [like most Cairns!] :lol: !!

[Cadbury's used to advertise their chocolate that had fruit and nuts by saying "its for a fruit and nut case" so that might help explain my comment]

Edited by Holly&me

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

Okay, well now that you've explained the naming...LOL Where are the pictures????????? :lol:

(becasue my husband calls a 3rd dog a deal breaker, I must live through others!)

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

Nice pic!! Very proud of himself...Dundee. He looks as if he is ready to go now...to ring! Dundee is a very lucky guy!

Yay! Congratulations! He's soo cute and I love the name too. His coloring is wonderful! ~although I realize you might not get to keep it...lol. But he's so handsome!

Edited by DawnandTuk-tuk

So how are Haggis, Echo, and Stella getting along with the new pack member?

They were *very* slow to warm up to the new guy. Haggis did not even glance at him for about four days. Fortunately Dundee is a mellow, independent, and respectful pup. We were fortunate in that he was socialized in a household with a similar mix of adult dogs. He plays by himself quite cutely and took the early rebuffs by the girls in stride.

Now, he bounces on Haggis constantly and Haggis tolerates it well, with the occasional play-bow and friendly mouthing. Echo is back into maternal mode and playing with him quite actively, with Stella joining in from time to time, with lots of high-speed racing, tumbling roller-derby-style action around the family room.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support

Bad day at work here -- just HAD to check in and look at the puppy pictures again....

Brad - that is one gorgeous puppy.

Dundee looks like a game little puppy- I cannot imagine that Haggis, Echo, and Stella would not *love* playing with him.

• 1 month later...

So how are Haggis, Echo, and Stella getting along with the new pack member?

Couldn't resist this.

naptime.jpg

Dundee ADORES Haggis and is shameless about climbing into Haggis' crate (with or without Haggis in it) and in this case, climbing into one of the several dog beds we have scattered around, despite it being occupied. I came across the two of them napping.

Please excuse Haggis' "Mr Universe" pants. He is old and shall we say, unreliable.

Very cute, glad to see that Haggis has warmed up to Dundee.

Aah, that is a lovely photo! it is great that Dundee loves Haggis - and Haggis lets him sleep with him.

Dundee is a little darling, what a cutie. I love the picture in bed with Haggis. Such a peaceful moment, probably doesn't happen often.

What a lovely photo of them sleeping together and what a gorgeous puppy Dundee is, his coloring is lovely.