CairnTalk

Favorite Cairn Color

bradl

What is your favorite Cairn color?  

271 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Cairn color?

• black
    • black & silver
    • black & tan
    • clear red
    • cream brindle
    • red brindle
    • silver brindle
    • wheaten
    • gray brindle
    • cream

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gee Brad, that's not much of a choice here. . . What about gray brindle with BLACK points and (bitchy) muzzle? I like the brindles with black points. . .Can you add that as a choice?

Not too fond of the puce ones.

Jill

Guest Susan McAlpin

I love them all, but I'd have to say that I really love those old dark ones with the greying nose, chin, and eyebrows.

S

• 2 weeks later...

"Guest" was me, Bradl-- I wouldn't want "Guest" to get all the credit for posting. I am "Guest." That is always what is revealed, so every time some one signs in as "Guest," give magadog the credit so that she may move up the ladder of pawprints., k?

Jill :whistle:

Insurance actuary studies have shown that when driving, REDS are seen as most agresssive and cause more auto accidents. Brindling and points seem to lessen that risk.

Make sure you carry no open bottles of Glenfiddich while driving. You could get stopped.

Jill

• 5 weeks later...

"Love Knows No Colors"

Jill

(Just got an inquiry from a person looking for a cream Cairn terrier. This is not a breed where you can order a puppy to match your living room ensemble.)

• 1 month later...

Brad-- never occurred to me to seek a tartan, but I've always been very attracted to the Black Watch. Always tasteful, not overstated at at all. Grooming could be a bit tricky, though.

Jill

(What am I doing with these two DRAB looking dogs at my side?)

Guest Orlando

Mine started out life as a gray brindle with black points... now at 8 y/o, she's almost solid black, with some gray on her butt!

• 3 weeks later...

Madadog:

I have a cream coloured cairn, but you can't have him. I grown kinda fond of

Murphy. I'll send a picture when I get one one my computer. Like all Cairns they

kind of grow on you after a while. It's all that stuff you have to go through to get to that point first that's the killer. :devil:

• 4 weeks later...

I have to go with Cream - like Rob. And also like Rob, she's grown on me - no adoptions here! But check back in a week or two - you never know! (just kidding!)

:whistle:

You may keep your creams and wheatens. I like my red and gray brindles, even though I have pulled my gray brindle down to his union suit. Well, almost. Now he sees me and runs away. He knows. Soon he will belong in a nudist camp.

(BTW, he has cream undercoat; grays often do! :whistle: )

Jill

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Grumpy

Im not sure of all these technical colour terms.....Georgie Fuzzbutt is an orangey- tanish colour with darker bits at the ends..what would you call this???????

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest
"Love Knows No Colors"

Jill

(Just got an inquiry from a person looking for a cream Cairn terrier.  This is not a breed where you can order a puppy to match your living room ensemble.)

Ouch! You were a bit rough in your remark about the person inquiring about locating a cream colored cairn! I will say this though in support of your "love knows no colors"... I went to a breeder looking for a chocolate lab & left with a yellow lab instead (well, she went home with me a few weeks later) -- I couldn't resist her personality!

So what's a lab lover doing at a cairn lovers site? Besides being an animal lover, period, I'm here trying to find a concrete/resin yard statue of a cairn terrier for my Dad. Do you know who sales them -- in cream? (Sorry, Jill, I couldn't keep my tongue out of my cheek).

Lisa Z

• 1 month later...

Murphy is a stunning cream-colored brindel with black points. I understand she'll be black by the time she's 5. Trapper is a wheaten. They're both perfect colors to me!

Linda (AKA: Murphy & Trapper's mom)

Hi-- to Linda and to Lisa-- Hey, mine went to from grey brindle with black mask to CREAM BRINDLE with NO mask and back to grey brindle with a black mask, and what do you know? He's nearly nine now, and he's a DARKER grey brindle with black mask and probably won't turn black at all!

I'd like to find a concrete-colored Cairn with a RESIN mask. A LIVE one. Let me know when you find one. (j/k) Actually, I'll look for a "graven image" one for your dad. . .

Re: Labs-- Geordie (the grey brindle; I also have a red brindle with black mask and BOOTS-- like Nancy Sinatra's!--) absolutely loves lab girls and several of his male puppies have lab sisters. . .

On www.magadog.net you can see my canine "mood rings."

Best,

Jill

Archived