CairnTalk

Shakes

lyric35

Hi! I am so sorry for everything you are going through - - -hoping that Kiko will continue to thrive - - -will be thinking of you all - - -God bless!!!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The care that little Kiko received is unacceptable. If I were you, I would go back to the vet and ask for my money back. In my opinion, you are a customer to that vet and when you leave your animal there, you should expect them to provide your animal with the same care that they would provide to their own. I don't know any pet owner that would think that losing weight and caked on poop is taking good care of the animal. At the VERY LEAST, please let your vet know that you will NOT be coming back and let him/her know why."

I agree with the above :mad: ......((((hugs))))

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. You have been through a rough time and I pray that little Kiko keeps her strength up and heals quickly. :pray:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone.....thank you for your condolences. We are all doing well. We did not leave Kiko at the vet/kennel, but left her with family. We are happy to report that upon our return she was clean, happy, and a little fatter. We began mixing cheese in with her K/d dog food and she loves it. Her little belly was round again! Her stools have actually been less soft! She has been fondly given the name of "shaky" by some of my daughter's friends and seems to be stabilizing!

Can any one suggest some other healthy foods for her?

Thank you again Cairn friends for all of your thoughts, prayers and emails!

Guest Darcy's Mom

That's wonderful news! I'm so glad to hear that Kiko is putting on weight. That has to be a good sign. Glad too that you left her with caring relatives and not in a kennel after your last experience.

I know there are folks on this forum that can guide you with the food issue, but I've read green beans, broccoli, pumpkin, any kind of vegs. but not onions posted before. I personally don't feed mine the health food cuz they turn their noses up but it certainly couldn't hurt to try them. Again, we are keeping Kiko in our prayers and hope she continues to improve on a daily basis. Please keep us informed as to her progress.

Sandy

Yeah for Kiko....sounds like a nice trip to the grandparents for her :-) Round is such a nice shape for a puppy :-) Sophie LOVES cheese...it is her favorite snack, she can hear a wrapper rustle from the next room.

Good for Kiko, our thoughts are with her.

Tena

Sophie

Image032.jpg

I've had a lousy day and let me tell you, hearing that Kiko is doing better just brightened up my whole day!!! Good for her!

Scully LOVES green beans - either the cut or string - which I add to her dry food. Awhile back someone in here mentioned the canned pumpkin to me and she loved that as well.

Again, I'm so happy to hear the good news!

Archived