CairnTalk

Shakes

lyric35

Please know all of us here in my family are sending lots of :pray: to Kiko, and you!

I think about her all the time and wonder how she is. This is just heartbreaking.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just can't keep her off my mind.

Boy, isn't that the truth? I was walking from work to my car tonight and she popped into my mind.

I know we can't start another post asking how Kiko is but just know that we are worried about her and if you have the time, please give us a quick update.

Still praying for her and checking back for updates. Hope you are feeling better little one.

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

Hello dear Cairne friends......my deepest and sincerest apologies for being absent....We have been back and forth on the road and are headed away again due to my husband's father's death this past Monday. I know that many of you have been worried about sweet Kiko.

Kiko is hanging in there...she is a strong little girl. After our last trip, we had to leave her and my spaniel in a kennel. I was sadly dissappointed upon our return. It's not just ANY kennel but it's the vet that takes care of her. She had lost a pound and her tail and tummy were caked in poop upon arriving home. I'm not sure if anyone has had this type of experience. Am I expecting too much????

This trip we're going to leave her with family with instructions to make sure she eats. She's been very finicky over the past week about eating her regular canned dog food. She goes crazy for chicken pieces though.

Other than that Kiko is maintaining. We've experienced her system shutting down completely (unable to move) only twice since coming home from the kennel.

Please again accept my apologies, I lean on your support soooo much! I will write more on our return home!

Kiko sends her hugs and shaky kisses!

post-1225-1139506703_thumb.jpg

Lyric,

Firstly, I'm very sorry to hear about your father-in-law and my sincere sympathy goes out to you and your husband.

Thanks so much for your update. I know we have all been concerned about you and poor Kiko. Glad to hear she is hanging tough and hoping for her full recovery. I'm sorry I can not comment on the kennel though. Again, glad to hear from you and Kiko will remain in our thoughts and prayers for a rapid and complete recovery!!

Lisa & Harry

Guest Darcy's Mom

Lyric:

Please accept my sincere sympathy on the loss of your father-in-law. It must be really tough on top of everything else going on in you and your family's life right now.

I was relieved to hear that precious Kiko is maintaining and hanging tough. These little dogs are amazing and have the stamina of a Pit Bull. I know when we lost out previous two Cairns, Toby was a real fighter. We finally had to do the humane thing and put him down. Hardest thing I ever had to do.

The kennel situation doesn't sound quite right to me. Any vet/kennel that is reputable should be able to care for the animals in their charge, especially seeing as how the vet knew of Kiko's condition. It left me with a sick feeling that your baby had to endure not being kept clean and comfortable. I've never left any of my dogs at a vet/kennel except when they were sick, and they never came home in the condition you described. Just my thoughts on that.

Here's hoping Kiko continues to improve and her appetite will improve. Please keep us updated on her when you can. We understand that you have alot going on right now, but we do worry about her and of course, you and your family. Stay strong!

Sandy

So sorry for all your family has gone through recently. You certainly have had a lot on your mind, and my thoughts are with you. Thanks, though, for letting us know about Kiko -- it's clear lots of people are worried and hoping for your dog!

The kennel situation does not sound right at all, and you do not have to assume your expectations for a clean and healthy dog are out of line. If the dog has lost weight, given a history of problems, I would have expected an explanation. That the dog was dirty implies neglect, and nothing else. I would not take my dog back to that vet for kenneling or for care.

Please accept my condolences on the loss of your father-in-law. You and your family have certainly been through so much lately.

There is so much love and concern here for Kiko and we all think about her so much. As far as the kennel goes - I most definitely would not go back there again. That is totally unacceptable and downright disgraceful. Not to add to your burden, but I most certainly would never use that kennel and I would find a different vet. I'd also make my concerns loud and clear to the doctor. The kennel and it's workers are a direct reflectin on him/her.

I echo everyone else's sentiments on the loss of your father-in-law. I'm so relieved to hear Kiko is a tough little cookie. We've all been nervous Nellies waiting for word on her.

Thank you for the update and I'll say a prayer for you, Kiko and your family.

Thank you so much for the update and please accept my condolences on the loss of your father-in-law. I will continue to pray for Kiko and your family.

I just wanted to add my support both in the situation with your father in law and your pup. Your family has been through so much. Please know that we are thinking about you and your family at this time.

The care that little Kiko received is unacceptable. If I were you, I would go back to the vet and ask for my money back. In my opinion, you are a customer to that vet and when you leave your animal there, you should expect them to provide your animal with the same care that they would provide to their own. I don't know any pet owner that would think that losing weight and caked on poop is taking good care of the animal. At the VERY LEAST, please let your vet know that you will NOT be coming back and let him/her know why.

PLease give little Kiko love and kisses from all of us here at Cairn talk and please give us another update as soon as time permitts. We will be praying for your family. :pray:

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

Archived