CairnTalk

A photo a day keeps the blues away

bradl

• 5 months later...

Nice to meet you, Cousin Reg, now let me steal that ball.

Our neighbors have a 9.5 month old Cairn, who.

we occasionally see around the neighborhood. 

Today they were right outside the door when I took Fergus out for a walk...so we chatted for a few minutes in our driveway. 

Of course Fergus picked Reg's ball off him, and got a little shirty about giving it back. Now it's his favorite ball. 

Now Reg has one of Fergus' balls , the exact same "Chuck it" ball.

For some reason,  even identical balls are not equal. 

"Your Ball" is definitely my favorite ball.20231122_134630.thumb.jpg.aa5d59e326841b233ab453a6fb027746.jpg

Note, both Cairns leashed!

Edited by Moto-Rama
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, bradl said:

What color is Elroy? Depends...what year is it?

image.jpeg

April 2021 v December 2023

What a remarkable transformation.  Amazing!  

They do change! Amazing!

Banjo went from Brindle ..to almost black before the age of 5.....

Elroy is a very nice looking boy !

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, anniegirl said:

Banjo went from Brindle ..to almost black before the age of 5.....

We have a friend who says that it would be more accurate if all brindle Cairns were registered with AKC as "pre-Black." So many are registered "red brindle" or one of the other brindles but end up like charcoal briquettes — black with silver edges :P 

• Love 1

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Handsome in any color. But wait, then my red brindle Norrie will end up black?  There are worse problems, I suppose.

Oban at 2, at 5 when we got his little brother, and last fall. He is now 10 and I expect he will be that silver-tossed black in 2 or 3 years...

20150225_173206.jpg

20181209_184519.jpg

Resized_20231110_085141.jpeg

• Like 1

and here Ella at Margaret Falls just before Christmas..here little face getting darker all the time! 

20231119_100643.jpg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, bradl said:

We have a friend who says that it would be more accurate if all brindle Cairns were registered with AKC as "pre-Black." So many are registered "red brindle" or one of the other brindles but end up like charcoal briquettes — black with silver edges :P 

That's quite the change in only several months!

Finch was a red brindle but turned all black after a few years. Her undercoat was very red, but undercoat was black.

Here is Atticus from, this morning. His face is black, but the rest of him is still brindle. His mom has the exact same coat.

I love how Cairn's change so much!

IMG_8575.jpeg

• Like 1

On 1/2/2024 at 3:55 PM, bradl said:

So true! Our Cairns are always registered with color based on that puppy coat that is going to change. I wonder how many breeds change as much as Cairns do.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jim Carter was a sitter on a Portrait Artist of the Year episode we watched last night and I was reminded of this photo from the Telegraph — these old terriers absolutely melt my heart...

image.jpeg

Inside the garden of Imelda Staunton and Jim Carter, the thespian duo supporting Kate Gould's charity garden at RHS Chelsea — The Telegraph

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Happy Birthday, Dundee! We have the same birthday cake and it still plays. :)

• Like 1