CairnTalk

A photo a day keeps the blues away

bradl

This year I invite you to take out your phone or camera once a day to snap a photo of your Cairn or anything that interests you. Don't pressure yourself into thinking every shot — or *any* shot — needs to be a glamor shot; candid snaps are a terrific way to capture a moment in time.

Puppies grow too quickly and old ones are gone too soon. Engage with your Cairn world and share a few photos with your Cairn friends.

photographer-embossed.pngHere's lookin' at you, Cairn

Enter your daily or weekly favorite in the monthly contests and enter your best Cairn photo in the Cairn of the Year contest. Share them in a post, in your gallery album, drop 'em right here, or just enjoy them at home. It's all good.

Tip:  Contest photos do not have to be current. Some days just looking at your old photos is enough to brighten your day. Brighten ours too :) Whether a scan of an old film camera print or a selection from your gallery album, feel free to share them all. 

• Like 5

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

• 7 months later...
On 1/18/2021 at 3:39 PM, bradl said:

Here's lookin' at you, Cairn

...I invite you to take out your phone or camera ... to snap a photo of your Cairn or anything that interests you..

... Share them in a post, in your gallery album, drop 'em right here, or just enjoy them at home. It's all good.

Tip:  Contest photos do not have to be current. Some days just looking at your old photos is enough to brighten your day. Brighten ours too :) Whether a scan of an old film camera print or a selection from your gallery album, feel free to share them all. 

I just came across these 2 pix sent to me from the shelter when I applied to adopt Ruffy more than 10 years ago.  It was the first time I laid eyes on him and was immediately captivated be the spirit and expression they conveyed.  I knew right then that he was for me and jumped in the car, drove up to Canada to claim him and never looked back!

Adoption Pic tn-1.jpeg

Adoption Pic tn.jpeg small.jpeg

Edited by sanford
photos
  • Like 6

FEAR THE CAIRN!

The first day I found out that his breeder let me have this wheaten terrorist. He was only about 5-6 weeks old I had to wait till he was 12 weeks old before I got him home.  And the day he came home to meet his big sister Rosie.

1E9E3F30-9D4F-430B-9227-D335677A832C.jpeg

CF7AE8AC-2F42-4682-94F8-123A7741BE79.jpeg

5609B6E4-5FFE-42E8-BCD6-D59A211C4F29.jpeg

Edited by Sam I Am
  • Like 7

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Finch loved peanut butter, and I would give her the empty jar to lick. She loved carrying it around the house. Gosh, I miss this little nugget!

IMG_20160211_185111.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, bradl said:

Couple of tired dogs back from being groomed by their breeder. 

IMG_1502.jpeg

Compare and contrast :P 

IMG_1344.jpeg.08986534bca65aa6fe91748c77

I think they look great in both pics! I'm partial to longer hair, but I am going to learn how to strip my new puppy, so we shall see! My friend, who is a breeder, is going to teach me. I don't think she knows what she is getting into!

The problem with dead coat is when they sit on my lap during TV time I *cannot* stop myself from plucking a few long dead hairs every few minutes. Usually they don't notice but I always go too far and eventually get stink-eye or they leave in a huff. Serves me right, really.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support

I gave up on the stripping as it was an out and out fight with Sam ...so When I decided I was not going to show him because  I did not want that life for my dog, I found a groomer that does a great job with the clippers and shears, leaving a partially rough coat that makes me and Sam happy. In a month he will have a bit longer hair and honestly I cannot tell the difference then be it either stripped or partially clipped....a bit like when I get my own hair cut. It’s hair a renewable resource...my DH  would not agree with me on that one.😎

BE8860FE-37B0-4859-8CE1-EFD7FFF97249.jpeg

Edited by Sam I Am
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

IMG_1503.jpeg

Elroy is … uh, special. He does this sort of half-on stand-lean *all the time*. He'll stand on a couch cushion and rest on your legs; he'll stand on the floor and lean onto a dog bed; and of course the illustrated arm-rest. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Perhaps Elroy is “special” but probably no different than a lot of Cairns. Sometimes  Sam does this weird thing of sitting , back legs spread a mile apart, and let’s go a demanding bark! It’s a call to let me out...now.  Weird! I even asked my vet but she said he is perfectly healthy just “special”.🤪 

This picture of baby Sam ...poor Rosie if only she would have known...she would have opened the gate!

9CC9BA10-4C50-4F46-BDCC-89EE3F8195B7.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Not a good picture, but watching Aila and Birdie today is so like the picture of Rosie and Sam. First thing every morning, Aila looks for Birdie to give her a nose bump and a wag. They are so happy with one another. Greta not so much. She’d be fine if only Birdie weren’t so intent on getting the old grump to love her. 

8F62BCD3-2F4D-4B97-BE00-75F7934159D3.jpeg

• Like 2

We pick up this little guy in two days! We are driving to Chicago, will stay with my daughter in Chicago over night, and then pick up this pup on our way home!

The breeder said this pic was taken about a month ago. His ears are already up (I'm a little sad that I don't get to see his adorable droopy ears).

harold.jpg

Edited by Eliz222
  • Like 7
  • Love 1

This always makes me chuckle...and so true, at least in our household! 😈

0B9D1454-2A31-4303-9083-87491CA5D2BF.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 3