CairnTalk

A photo a day keeps the blues away

bradl

Hope snowed in cairns and friends are getting safely dug out. I'm sure the excellent digging abilities of cairns will be a help ☃️Merry Christmas to all ❄️

• Like 3

On 12/26/2022 at 10:46 AM, Dogcoat lady said:

Here’s a rare moment of Norrie.  She paused for just a moment.

D3A57C0D-46DB-4B20-8FBA-9EF5AEB34EEB.jpeg

A sweet picture of your Norrie. Not an easy task to get a close up.Bravo

• Like 2

And now, something *completely* different... no one seems to know what this is, where it came from, nor even *why* it is, but that sure looks like a Cairn in this apparently epic Battle of the Flamingos.

Spoiler

image.png

• Confused 1

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

2 hours ago, Hillscreek said:

What history do we have of the painting?

None, nothing! I did a reverse image search on it and every single place I saw it used it was some variant of "What the heck?"  

My guess wold be that someone made an "in the style of..." spoof cover for an imaginary pulp adventure/romance/fantasy novel, just for the fun of it. I suspect weird was the goal. Sort of like when folks do funny photoshops just for laughs and to demonstrate their technical skills.

In any event, I shall be submitting it to our local club as a possible theme graphic for advertising our next Cairn specialty. (j/k)

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Yes I think that maybe likely. I looked too but couldn't find anything. No matter what it is very amusing and I hope it was done by a cairn owner!

It reminds me of the art I used to see in Reader’s Digest, I think? also reminds me of the funny personal stories Country Magazine printed. Maybe this accompanied a funny personal camping story? I don’t know. There’s quite a lot to process! 
Flamingos don’t seem like a very scary bird but they are big so they probably could knock you out with their wings if they were inclined. I’m so used to bizarre stuff in anime, nothing really strikes me as weird anymore. Lol 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...