CairnTalk

A photo a day keeps the blues away

bradl

Pause Police

image.jpeg

Or should I say, Paws Police, particularly since we were watching Bosch Legacy?

Whenever we pause the TV Dundee goes on high alert and stares it down, motionless, until it restarts. We pray it restarts a scene without large or loud movements; if it restarts in a quiet moment he just walks away, but if it restarts in the middle of a fight scene or some loud or physical action he spouts off about it. No fighting allowed on TV, per Dundee. 

• Haha 4

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, bradl said:

Happy Birthday Elroy. Now you are three.

image.jpeg

He's more interested in his squeaky ball than the cake, tbh.

Happy Birthday, Elroy!

• Like 1

At 10 months Fergus is working on his sprawl after a morning playing with his neighborhood friends in the park.  Everything seems to have stopped growing, except for his tail, which continues to amaze us.

image.thumb.png.dca432d6949497a6dcd49237733a6ee3.png

Edited by Moto-Rama
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/26/2022 at 11:10 AM, bradl said:

The pounces are the best part :)

Hilarious, our little Excavator's ears alerted to the sounds on this video. "Is it gopher grabbing time?"

Atticus turned one year old on June 12th. What a wild and interesting adventure it has been!

Atticus is a spunky, smart, funny little man who has wormed his way into our hearts. It just amazes me how smart these little dogs are! He makes me laugh all the time. Here are a few of his "quirky" ways.

If Atticus spots a human, or another dog, walking down the street, he stops dead in his tracks and goes into a sit position. He will not move until the human/dog passes by us. Sometimes he will just let them pass and sometimes he starts wagging his tail and tries to greet them. Everyone finds it funny and many ask how I trained him to do this (which I didn't).

When we all go downstairs in the morning, Atticus will stay at the top of the stairs until I put my face between the rails (downstairs). He will then go down the stairs, give me lots of kisses through the rails and then proceed down the rest of the steps. Every.....single.....time.

Atticus doesn't beg for food while we are preparing our food in the kitchen. He has learned that I will put scraps of veggies in his bowl (carrot bits, end of cucumbers). When I start to chop up our food, Atticus will run to his food bowl and just sit by it waiting for his "treats". This makes me laugh every time!

I could go on and on, but I won't bore everyone. :)

I've had Cairns since I was a little girl, and each and every one is different and such a joy. Atticus is our first boy, so potty breaks are a little different. :)

2nd day.jpg

junea2022.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

So we had a water main leak in the front of our house. The yard was dug up & we were told it would be 6 weeks before they came back to repair the yard. We instead called a landscape place to deliver topsoil so we could fix it. Only issue minimum was 2 cubic yards. We spent 2 hours last night shoveling soil into the wagon and driving it to a few spots that needed dirt in the yard. ( like the spot the water main leaked 2 years ago on the corner of our property)
the rest ended up in this planting bed… I’m going to use some of this to backfill the 15 holes the boys have dug with nala. As you can see by the indents they jumped on this dirt pile first thing this morning 

ACDB1EAE-7C4D-4814-AADD-D3117C0B87DE.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

6 minutes ago, Tracy A. said:

So we had a water main leak in the front of our house. The yard was dug up & we were told it would be 6 weeks before they came back to repair the yard. We instead called a landscape place to deliver topsoil so we could fix it. Only issue minimum was 2 cubic yards. We spent 2 hours last night shoveling soil into the wagon and driving it to a few spots that needed dirt in the yard. ( like the spot the water main leaked 2 years ago on the corner of our property)
the rest ended up in this planting bed… I’m going to use some of this to backfill the 15 holes the boys have dug with nala. As you can see by the indents they jumped on this dirt pile first thing this morning 

ACDB1EAE-7C4D-4814-AADD-D3117C0B87DE.jpeg

Play time!

• Like 1

Dollar General has these gigantic tennis balls for $5

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2022 at 5:11 PM, Tracy A. said:

Dollar General has these gigantic tennis balls for $5

Finch loved her giant tennis ball! Atticus is scared of it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Cairn Terrier Jungle Jim

I was cleaning up from cutting along the fence line, they decided that it was their stick, they went after it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations, Brad, that is great work!  I would never even try to get Charlie to do something like that, the old goat would try to kill the real goats, knowing him, and get himself trampled to death in the process.  He's great with people and *some* dogs, but he's not trustworthy in general, that's for sure.  He's got his baggage, so that's okay, he can unpack it here, and leave it behind when he's ready.

• Like 1