CairnTalk

Found a 9 year old male I want

Lynn in TN

Good luck!

When Loki was about 18 months old we decided to get a second Cairn.  I started keeping an eye on Col. Potter and CRUSA, but didn't find anything we thought would fit.  I hope you get the dog of your dreams.  We ended up getting a great Cairn mix from the local Humane Society.  

Who rescued whom?

Lynn, I hope, hope, hope this wonderful man will soon be racing around the house with Kelly. 

I started keeping an eye on Col. Potter and CRUSA, but didn't find anything we thought would fit.  

I know that both Col. Potter and CRUSA accept applications with no dog listed, so don't let not seeing a dog that seems to fit deter you. From personal experience, CRUSA reads your application and will match you to Cairns currently for adoption and Cairns as they come into the system. Often CRUSA is fostering more dogs than are listed on the website and they are just waiting for them to be ready for adoption.

Like I said, Addie wasn't listed on the CRUSA site and there weren't any dogs that seemed like a good match that I could see, but I still submitted an application and they matched me with my baby once she was ready to find a forever home. 

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

Oh my god, I want him! He is such a cutey!

Don't worry I am no threat I am in Australia. ;)

He is so adorable, and as I always say one cairn is great but two is just so much fun! They keep each other company and really look out for each other as well.

Good luck, keep us posted.

I found another video of him. This one is more recent. When I played it Kelly started doing exactly what he was doing to my lap top.

I know exactly what video is being played for Molito...it's the one that's been circulating of that

tiny African tree frog whose voice sounds like a squeaky toy!  Got the same reaction when

I played that video here.  People commenting on it (online) thought perhaps the poor little thing was scared to

death of the videographer being up so close, and that the squeaking and puffing up was due to that.

Molito is so beautiful  :wub: ...I hope you get him! 

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

omg...Lynn....this is great stuff.  I do hope you are successful and soon will have another baby.  He is absolutely gorgeous and would have a wonderful home with you and your family.  Keeping fingers and toes crossed here in Maine as well.

Husband and dog missing ...25 cents reward for dog

Thank you all for crossing your fingers and well wishes.  I got an email and they have started the application process. So I pray I pass the test with flying colors, and that Molito will be waiting for me.

• Like 5

Thanks, you all know how to make a person feel loved. This forum has the most amazing group of people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.

Fingers paws and feathers crossed here too. I hope so much this works out for you. That dog will get a wonderful home.

I am so anxious and nervous I feel like I'm going to throw up.  2 people that I have listed as references have called me, because they have gotten a call from Col. Potter rescue. They are checking my references. I am so happy and so nervous at the same time.

Why do I get this way?

• Like 1

You get this way because you want, want, want, Molito - and we all want him for you!! Checking your references seems a good sign. :)

Oh, yes - that's a very good sign!  It's not a guarantee, of course, but it certainly is encouraging.  I think we're all on pins and needles right along with you. :)

Good luck Lynn! I was the same way when we applied to Col. Potter. It was a long process - references checked, a home inspection, and interviews. Once we passed all of that we were connected with a 'matchmaker' that called us to determine what kind of cairn would be best suited for our household. There was a lot involved but there were quicker doing everything than I anticipated. I think the portion that took the longest was the home inspection only because there wasn't a lot of people in our area to do it. But even that only took a week. The matchmaker will give you a very thorough report on Molito and there's often dogs available or coming available that aren't on the site yet. I was sent reports before the dogs were technically available for adoption. They have to spend a certain amount of time at their foster home, vet appointments, etc before they'll adopt them to their new homes. We didn't end up adopting from Col. Potter ONLY because we literally accidentally stumbled upon Eddie. I hated to terminate our search with Col. Potter because they had already spent so much time with us but it was love at first sight with Eddie.

Good luck and please keep us posted!! (PS...I'm not sure, but I may even have a copy of our home inspection. If you get to that point PM me and if I can find the copy I'll send it to you so you can see the sorts of things they check...some seem a bit silly, but I guess they like to be over cautious!).

As for male/female...these are our only two cairns and we find Jagger (female) is much bossier, while Eddie (male) is really laid back. They compliment each other very well. Not sure if it's a male/female thing or just a coincidence.

Jo, Jagger & Eddie

jagger_julytomarch.jpg

Lynn.. I'm 'friends' with Col. Potter Network on Facebook and they just posted a picture of Molito saying 'Pending Adoption'. He may have just found a home (good for him, but disappointing for you!)

If you missed out on Molito I recommend proceeding with the registration and that way if another cairn comes along that you're interested in you'll be one of the first to know and already be approved. As mentioned in my earlier post they'll help you find a dog that's a good fit from both perspectives often before the dogs are even listed on the website.

Edited by jo_

Jo, Jagger & Eddie

jagger_julytomarch.jpg

Well they haven't posted the pending message on the Col Potter website yet.

Maybe the "Pending" is in regard to Lynn?

• Like 1

Max and Nelly

Yes, I just noticed the pending on Facebook too! Hope he is for you as he looks so cute on that picture.

• Like 1

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

Oh well..it's up there now.  Just reinforces the reservations I have about the way they do things.

Edited by tlwtheq

Max and Nelly