CairnTalk

Cairn Christmas Card exchange 2009

Nikki

Thank you, thank you; got 2 yesterday....can't wait for the rest! So glad we decided to do it this year, Christmas is so warm with friends! Again, thank you all!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

paisley and i have recieved 2 cards! yay! were sending ours out soon, the picture had to come from our christmas party over the weekend!!

**Ila and Paisley**

This is my first year making personalized cards, too. I did it at Walmart and got them in the mail almost a week before the expected delivery date and could have picked them up in the store the next day. They had them in the mail the day after I placed the order.

We've received 7 cards so far! Now to get ours into the mail!

all I have to say I LOVE Adrienne card

the middle photo was hilarious!

Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really." - Carlotta Monterey O'Neill

I'm loving all the cards! I look forward to checking the mailbox everyday when I get home from work!

Sparky Jones & Scout Jones
ShannasCamera112-1-1.jpgSparkyScout-3-1.jpgScoutFloor-2.jpg

I sit at my mailbox every afternoon now watching, waiting, panting, drooling ... :)

Nikki: so ... do you think Gypsy was singing or growling in the middle pic??

I had pre-warned about my card! We must have tried 25-30 times to get a festive shot of all of us ... but Gypsy lived up to her snarly reputation (she does NOT like to be picked up). I think she needs some good eggnog :santa:

oh I though ur card was adorable! :thumbsup:

I thought she was singing! lol

Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really." - Carlotta Monterey O'Neill

sheila and Misty

I just love them all-such cute pictures! makes me want one of each shade! I see some bigger ones like my Misty but it seems most of you have the more true to size-Tobys still a bit bigger. Id take any of them in a heartbeat :thumbsup:

I don't usually check my mail everyday but now I'm rushing to the box! I love love love all the pics!!!! The kids are having fun with it too! Next year should be fun, I'm adopting a pair of kittens for Christmas and when my ds gets his pup for his b-day in May we will be way outnumbered by pets! I will have to work on how I'm gonna make that happen--Molly won't have anything to do with dogs so she just can't be in any photo with them...hmmm, something I have a whole year to work out, lol.

Last night I was arranging the wonderful cairn cards on my card tree and Taz came over and started sniffing and pushing them with his nose. I kid you not. He then proceeded to lick one of them. Yep.

So, I thought I should pass along that he was saying hello to his card buddies. :P

post-3864-12606608776305_thumb.jpg

post-3864-12606610983861_thumb.jpg

This is our first year doing this and I have to tell you......this is the most fun I've had during the holidays in a long time! I SO look forward each day to going to the mailbox to see what cards we got that day. It's truly been a blast and I truly thank the person that came up with the initial idea and most especially Nikki for her hard work and willingness to take on this project. This will definitely be a tradition in our house now!

Happy Holidays all!

Rita and Gus :santa2:

Rita Roetker

Mommy of (Fer)Gus

This is our first year doing this and I have to tell you......this is the most fun I've had during the holidays in a long time! I SO look forward each day to going to the mailbox to see what cards we got that day. It's truly been a blast and I truly thank the person that came up with the initial idea and most especially Nikki for her hard work and willingness to take on this project. This will definitely be a tradition in our house now!

/quote]

Same here! Tanner & I are having so much fun with this!!

Becky & Tanner

Hi Everyone,

We were slow off the mark getting a photograph, so the majority of our

cards didn't go out until today. We sent the ones to England and Australia

with the best postage we could afford. With any luck they'll make it.

We really are enjoying everyone's cards and photos! It really

feels like family...our Cairn Talk family!

Look for our card.

Tara, Late Card Sender :oops:

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

late card senders here too. got them all addressed today. stamps tomorrow and in the mail! sorry for being a slacker :shy:

**Ila and Paisley**

I agree with Brad - prefer to have the card deliveries spread out. Long live the slackers!!

No cards in today's mail -- I think I might be a little depressed :crybaby:

If you like late cards then you all will be very pleased at how well I'll spread out the joy!! I don't even get to THINK about making cards till next week...I have to give a final exam on SATURDAY NIGHT! Then I get to spend all Sunday grading it...hopefully I'll finish early and make cards, ugh!

I think we've received more Cairn cards than family/friend cards thus far. What wonderful "kids" we all have. We have so enjoyed all the photo cards of each and every one of your precious babies. This exchange truly makes my season more bright, as I'm sure it does for all of you. Fuzzy faces just make me happier than just about anything else. Thanks to you all!

Kate, Darcy & Bailey's mom

My book club is coming over for our monthly meeting tonight so I had to make sure every cairn card we have received is taped to the bannister in the front hall. It makes such a great display. I hope they think it's as wonderful as I do!

I think we've received more Cairn cards than family/friend cards thus far. What wonderful "kids" we all have. We have so enjoyed all the photo cards of each and every one of your precious babies. This exchange truly makes my season more bright, as I'm sure it does for all of you. Fuzzy faces just make me happier than just about anything else. Thanks to you all!

BTW, what cute Cowboys tags the pups are wearing! I'm a former Okie.

If you like late cards then you all will be very pleased at how well I'll spread out the joy!! I don't even get to THINK about making cards till next week...I have to give a final exam on SATURDAY NIGHT! Then I get to spend all Sunday grading it...hopefully I'll finish early and make cards, ugh!

Just do what I do... I don't send 'Christmas Cards' I send 'New Years Cards'- that way you have that extra week!

LOL

I just but mine out in the mail today!

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

These cards just ROCK! Hopefully mine will start arriving soon.

B.t.w. - Just got my Cairn Terrier puppy calendar in the mail today.

It is beautiful besides the pups being ultimately cute!

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

Archived