CairnTalk

Sugar Babies

hallswel

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh Liz, :hug:

I am so sorry to hear about the puppy. I will keep you, Sugar and her puppy in my thoughts.

Tracy

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

awww, such sad news....It's a tough road to go down. I hope peep does good, I'm sure sugar will do her best.

Terry, mom of Dori and Ellie Mae

th_IMG_0641-1.jpgth_prettypuppies.jpgth_IMG_0068.jpg

Went out today and got a big strong Elm to plant outside the sunroom in memory of the lost pup. After we finished I felt better. It was comforting to sit with my crew in the sunroom and see the tree.

I fixed a barrier around the puppy pen so the others could sit and watch tv with us this evening. As you can see from the pictures that made them happy.

Thanks Brad the tip on the nails, it worked great. The pup let me know she wanted to be with Sugar and Sugar let me know she wanted the pup back. Such little feet. We got the dew claws removed yesterday and Sugar is finally starting to eat. She is being a good mother. This is going to be one spoiled pup.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. Here are tonights pictures

Hamm and Harley claimed the ottoman as soon as they could

post-291-1185074644_thumb.jpg

Rebel got his Daddy's chair

post-291-1185074655_thumb.jpg

They checked out the pen and decided it was okay to be there

post-291-1185074664_thumb.jpg

Sugar Baby day 5

post-291-1185074672_thumb.jpg

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

I am very glad to hear that Sugar is eating and feeling more like herself. Her peep sure is a special little girl. So many people on this forum are so bonded with Sugar, that we feel we are there -even though it's online. I'll be thinking about you guys. The elm will be a wonderful memorial.

Oh Liz....

I can only imagine the heaviness in your heart...I am so very sorry for the loss of your pup. I guess things happen for a reason and possibly there would have been problems down the road with her...but that doesn't ease your pain.

I am very happy to hear Sugar and her "peep" are doing well so that's a reason for cheer. Thank you for sharing such touching photos and I will be keeping you and your family in my prayers.

Sandy

I wento on vacation for a week (and had to leave Allie and T-Bone behind - how hard was that!) and missed all of this about Sugar and her sugar babies. So hard to lose the one. And poor Sugar -- she's looked just so low...

I hope that Mom and Baby are doing well now, and that the topsy-turvy fears and other emotions have gone by the wayside for you as you settle in and enjoy the new little one.

Sugar looks like she's figuring out what to do as a first-time mother. Congrats!

I've had a houseful of company the last ten days so I just now found out about the birth and loss...what joy and heartache. I can't even imagine all your emotions. I pray all will be well from here on. Keep the pictures coming!

I had to work today, boy was that difficult but was able to come for lunch. Sugar is eating much better the staples come out tomorrow.

To give you some idea how small the Sugar Baby is

she weighs between 7 - 8 ozs now

post-291-1185239689_thumb.jpg

post-291-1185239700_thumb.jpg

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

Liz:

Glad to hear that you made it through a day of work. I know it must have been hard.

Wow Cairn puppies are tiny newborns.

I'm glad that Peep is doing well.

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

I haven't been around much lately and have been extremely busy, so I missed the birth of the babies! I'm so sorry you lost one, but am very glad to hear that Sugar is recovering well. The baby is just adorable... and so tiny! I bet you're a nervous wreck. I would be!

Oh my goodness that's so small, how sweet. I'm glad Sugar is feeling better and eating more, and I hope you are feeling better too after your emotional week.

ctdogs.jpg

that little velvety and quiet little thing is going to grow into a cairn. seems imposslble.

What a sweet little one. A very gentle hug to her, and a big hug for the new mom. I hope Sugar is continuing to get better.

:hug:

Pam, Pepper, and Henry

Wow! I can't imagine what you must have been through these past few days. The happiness and nervousness of Sugar starting the labor process, then it stopping and having to make the decision to have a C-section, then having the puppies, then loosing one.. Gosh, I am so sorry for all that you have been through. Although the pain of losing one must be great, think of the new little one that is doing so well that you and Sugar helped to bring into the world. My thoughts and prayers go out to Sugar, pup, you and your family. Please continue to keep us posted and continue to post pics! The pup is precious and it sounds like Sugar will make a fantastic mommy! Again, my sympathies for the loss of Sugar's baby.

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

Archived