Sugar Babies

hallswel

What sweet little girls...

How is Sugar doing?

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sugar is cleaning her girls :thumbsup: They are peeping so all that is left is for her to help them to dinner without my assistance. Not for weeks will I feel comfortable...this has scared me to death! But Sugar knows now she has babies so I feel much better.

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

How wonderful, babies!! Congratulations to you and Sugar.

I glad she is starting to mother them, one less thing to worry about. They are so tiny and sweet, please keep posting the pics.

ctdogs.jpg

I am so happy to hear that Sugar is doing better. Liz you poor thing, it sounds like this has been very hard on you.

Can Sugar have puppies again?

DAY THREEpost-291-1184856551_thumb.jpg

They are so sweet and their hair is so shiny. By the way, how are Hamm, Rebel

and Harley taking all this?

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

Yes Sugar should be able to have another litter hopefully many more. Since there was nothing visiblly wrong she just stopped whelp and her temp went back up. The pups were 63 days and we could wait and see if she would have them but three days with a 2+ temp drop, not eating then everything going back to normal I had to decide what to do.The ulta sound showed fully developed viable pups. So I opped on C-Section. Next time hopefully she can do it all herself.

The others are doing fine. While Sugar was nesting and circling and digging Hamm would sit at the gate in the Sunroom and cry. Harley is just curious and Rebel just quitely watches from the other room. No one is allowed near the whelping pen/nursery.

Liz

Very sweet pics and so glad Sugar is getting back to herself. I'm like the others...must resist puppies, must resist puppies!

Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

I am so glad to hear that Liz!

So now the question everyone is wondering, but hasn't ask....

What are you calling your little girls? and are you keeping one?

Lost one of the girls. She had slowed down on eating and I was watching her closley. I am not sure what happened. Sugar woke up frantic and I took the puppy out and she was gone. I think I knew she had some problems but had been successful getting her to eat until today. I am glad we had her and will miss her very much. Please keep Sugar and the remaining pup in your prayers.

Liz

So sorry to hear about the pup. Nature has a way of taking those early that would otherwise not have had a healthy life.

Your experience with Sugar points out that the decision to breed cannot be taken lightly and that heartache comes with the joy.

I hope all is well from now on - but the most important thing is that Sugar herself is recovering nicely.

Dear Liz,

I am so sorry for the loss of the little girl. I will keep you, Sugar & her little baby in my prayers. So sad for you.

Barbara

Lost one of the girls. She had slowed down on eating and I was watching her closley. I am not sure what happened. Sugar woke up frantic and I took the puppy out and she was gone. I think I knew she had some problems but had been successful getting her to eat until today. I am glad we had her and will miss her very much. Please keep Sugar and the remaining pup in your prayers.

Oh Liz I am so sorry. You know we'll all be hoping and praying for Sugar and the pup.

Hang in there.

Tara

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

Sorry to hear about the little pup. I hope the other one is doing well and Sugar is feeling like herself again!

Jack's Mom

I am so sorry, Liz. Will be thinking of Sugar and her little one and hope they both are okay.

Pam

What a roller coaster of emotions you must be going through. So very sorry about the little one, how sad you must be - I know I am, and I'm only reading about it! Very glad to hear that Sugar is improving and her baby is doing well. Keep the pictures coming.

Sugar's peep as I call her is keeping Sugar busy. I am taking it one day at a time. I knew going into breeding there would be disappointment and sadness.

Sugar is being very picky about what she wants to eat so I have been cooking for her, something I thought I would never do. Sugar goes back for a checkup on Monday, hopefully by then she will be her old self. I think the hardest part has been her searching for her baby.

I now have to figure out what to do about the peep's nails. They are growing so fast and need to be trimmed but they are so tiny.

Thanks for all your kind words and thoughts. I will keep you posted on Sugar and her peep.

Liz

Liz

We are so sorry to hear of the loss of one of the puppies. Please accept our condolences. We will keep our fingers crossed for Sugar and her baby.

Jim & Connie

Jim, Connie, Bailey & Sophie

FLOWERCHILD-1-1.jpgBAILEYSOPHIE4-22-07002-1.jpg

I now have to figure out what to do about the peep's nails. They are growing so fast and need to be trimmed but they are so tiny.

One approach: Pick up an infant-sized nail clipper in the baby section at the drugstore. Slide one side of its jaw along the nail until it catches on the little hook at the end of the nail, then clip that little tiny bit off.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Oh Liz. Tears filled my eyes as I read about the young pup. Then about Sugar looking for her. I can't barely see the screen. I'm so sorry for you and Sugar's loss.

We will keep you all in our prayers.

Ang.

Archived