CairnTalk

Let the Christmas cards roll in!

Eliz222

Maybe Cricket put Henry's picture under her pillow. Maybe she's in love! :wub: I'll put another one in the mail if you'd like me to, Molly!

I have several extra cards, so let me know if you didn't receive one from us and I'll send one!

Here's the picture on our card:

Christmas.jpg

Merry Christmas! And Happy Hanukkah to those in the midst of celebrating!

Edited again to add: The mail arrived while I was typing. Bella's card arrived here today, too!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sarah! I found it!:) Henry is back in his rightful place of the cupboard.

It must have fallen off and slipped behind the boot tray! All along I was blaming Cricket!

Thanks for offering to send another one out though, that was very kind if you.

Liz that would be cool to get them all on one painting but that would be tough!! mmmmm....thinking cap...

I had to go into hospital last week and desperately hoped my cards would arrive from the printers before I went in. Fortunately they arrived the day before so I managed to get them mailed in time. How bizarre is this though - I wanted to make a photo greetings postcard like I was receiving from you chaps so I hopped on the Net and searched for a place here in New Zealand that did them. I found only one company so promptly set about filling in forms, deciding on the photo and template, but when I finally reached the end, they charged me $19 to mail 20 cards & envelopes to me! I thought that was a bit steep but there was no turning back and I placed my order.

Guess what? The cards duly turned up - FROM AMERICA and I promptly addressed the envelopes and sent them all back again. Hopefully next year I won't be having anymore brain surgery and will be more organised.

Cheers

Welly & Fergus

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around

Welly,

:offtopic: I hope your surgery went well and that you have a nice, relaxing holiday. I haven't had brain surgery and my life is so hectic this time of year-I can't even imagine. Is the photo card purely a US thing? Or had you ever seen them exchanged before in New Zealand?

Brinda

Hi Brinda,

My 3rd lot of brain surgery in 2 years and hopefully the last! Fortunately hubby is off work so can walk Fergus for me.

No I have never seen these photo greetings cards before and was gobsmacked by their lovely presentation. Would be interesting to see if our other non-North American members have them in their country eh? Come on the Poms and Aussies - what's your experience of this type of card?

Cheers,

Welly

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around

Welly, certainly hope things improve.

I think I only asked for 10-12 names. But, I'm keeping all my envelopes and putting them in a special address book for next year.

Hallswel thanks again for all you've done. Can't wait to do it again next year. Wait....is there any other holiday that we can have an excuse to send something to eachother? Lets think on it.

Ang.

Now, I feel better - I think I asked for 10 not really knowing how many there were out there that were doing it - it's a bigger Cairn family than I thought! HA! - I'll still post the one I sent of the girls for all of you that I missed - I'll try to reach everyone better next year :)

I did the same, I asked for 10 (I thought that's what we were all doing).

I'm not sure I could have managed anymore than 10 since I handmade each card (including watercolor painting each dog).

I have received a total of 17 cards and I love each and every one of them. I will place them in the girls' scrapbook. I have mu cube at work decorated and they are on the outerwall of my cubicle for all to see.

I've received more cards for the girls than hubby and I have gotten :lol:

I'm putting on my dunce cap! I did the ones I thought I was supposed to - and then I figured, maybe that's wrong, so I kept on going...LOL! Catholic school guilt's a bad thing sometimes - but I'm glad I did the extras.

Welly, I'll be keeping you in my prayers for a speedy recovery. You're amazing!!!!

Can't wait to do it again next year. Wait....is there any other holiday that we can have an excuse to send something to eachother? Lets think on it.

Ang.

Halloween! LOL I send out Halloween photo cards from Mett & Bratt

Welly- Sorry to hear you had another surgery, I hope your balance is doing ok-

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

Welly, I'm glad that you are feeling better. :)

Liz, I'm glad that you explained how the list worked. I thought we all were going to send cards to everyone on the list too. I'm just tickled pink over all the cards I have gotten...and yes, Scout and Finch have gotten more cards than we did! LOL!

I can't remember how many I put in for too. I just know it was great fun addressing my cards and seeing the different states and countries who are part of this forum. I love all my cards.

Thank you, Liz for doing such a great job organizing it all.

Welly, I'm glad your surgery went well and that you are recovering nicely.

I have been using Shutterfly.com for my photocards (and other photography needs) for the last four years and I love it. It's very user-friendly, lots of terrific selections, options and styles, the prices are great, the quality exceptional, and they deliver in a timely fashion. :thumbsup:

Thela

Glad to hear that people got mine and Bellas cards!

I sent cards out to everyone who was on my list and also sent return cards to those who sent me cards if I wasnt orginally sending them any....does that make sense.

I would send cards to those who I have just got, but 1) there is no way I can get into the post office at the moment - the line up up is crazy!!! and 2) Xmas will be over by the time you get them.

Welly - got yours and Fergus yesterday!

No I have never seen these photo greetings cards before and was gobsmacked by their lovely presentation. Would be interesting to see if our other non-North American members have them in their country eh? Come on the Poms and Aussies - what's your experience of this type of card?

Welly

just wanted to let you know that I have never seen the photo greeting cards until the Xmas card exchange.

They are a good idea though.

Welly, I'm glad to hear your feeling better after your surgery. I too was delighted with the photo cards I received, never seen any like that here in west aus either.

I wish I had asked for more addresses to send cards to - dopey me :blush: didn't think about using the return address on the ones I recieved and now its way too late.

Anyway thanks again Liz for organising this, its been really nice to get cards from my forum friends, makes everyone seem a little bit closer.

Kathy, got your card today - thanks, did you write that song "Jingle Tails"? We all loved it, so cute and very applicable.

To all those I didn't send a card to - I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas with lots of cairn kisses.

Janet, Roxy and Susie.

ctdogs.jpg

Welly I wish you well on your hopefully last surgery, I'm glad your husband will be able to take care of Fergus so you don't have to worry about boarding him. I'll be praying for your speedy and complete recovery.

Maggie

Rachel,

I as well sent Bella a card as well. I sure hope you get it. All my out of country went to the post office.

Your's was to South Australia.

Hope you get it soon :)

Rhonda - we got your card - thanks so much!! :)

Beth - we got your card yesterday - very cute!!!

Archived