CairnTalk

Let the Christmas cards roll in!

Eliz222

I am so excited about sending all my Cairn friends (thanks, Liz!) Christmas cards! I still have to pick up mine at Target. We stopped at Target yesterday to pick up the cards, and they didn't have them...argh!

I received 2 cards today and they are sooooo adorable!

We are supposed to get ice tonight, so I'll have plenty of time to address all my cards!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just coming to post that I received the first card today, too!

It was nice to come home to an adorable surprise in the mailbox. Doesn't take much to excite me, huh? :D

With the arrival of Greta this weekend, I completely forgot about picking up some cards. I am still trying to think on how I am going to get a 11 week old puppy to pose for a christmas picture! Wish me luck!

There is no faith which has never yet been broken except that of a truly faithful dog. -- Konard Lorenz

Oh yes I was so excited to see Henry, he is so cute, I loved Brad's card too :) I have an area that is for Cairn cards only! I love it and so excited. I told my husband just wait till you see some cairn owners who have 2, 3 & 4 cairns. Hint hint LOL

Rhonda,Kramer & Angel Missy "Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog". "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are" Missy Rainbow Bridge Memorial
/>http://www.indulgedfurries.com/petdiabetes/memorium/missy2.htm

DH picked up my card tonight....yea! You are going to need reading glasses to see my signature...oh well....we all know who's dog belongs to who!

ps. my dh thinks sending out cards is wierd...what does HE know??? ;)

When I brought my two cards in yesterday from the mail, I was so excited that you would've thought I had mail from long-lost relatives. Fun, fun, fun...

I got the one from Sara and it is great!!!! My husband saw the card list and said "Savannah is going to get more cards than we do!" LOL!!!

Christmas must be in the air because I went and picked up the pictures that are going in our cards yesterday. I have to get to addressing!

I am so excited about this that you would think that I was 5 years old going to check the mail box. "I got a Cairn Card!!!" LOL!

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

Thanks everybody! :D

I tried to wait until at least Dec 1 to mail the cards, but I just couldn't wait any longer!! I've been so excited to start receiving them, too, and have been checking the mail religiously! Kramer's sweet face was a nice surprise!

We are putting up our tree this weekend, so we will be taking our picture for our Christmas cards. I am so excited. This is Diego's first Christmas with us!

Debbie

Debbie and Diego!

i tried last nite to get fenway to pose for me. i got a few pics, they aren't the best..she's not lookin at the camera much HAHA. but im gonna try to get the cards out within the next week or so! can't wait to get some in the mail!

Jon & Kara. Proud parents of Fenway!

I'm just waiting on my snapfish cards to arrive - we ordered them over the weekend so hopefully they will be here by Saturday so I can do them :) It took 4 hours to get a picture of the girls together.... we almost gave up - but we did it :) I'm so excited about seeing them printed up. Happy Holidays everybody :)

Hollie Edelbrock & Brystal Sonoma
Chris, Stacy and Little Noah

Jazz & Alex got a card from Henry too. Soooo cute!!! I

I just ordered mine last night from shutterfly so it will be awhile before they're sent out. I tried so hard to get a picture of both dogs together but I finally gave up. They just would not cooperate no matter how much I bribed them.

How do you guys get those group shots?

Sheri, Mom to Jazz & Alex

I also got my first two cards yesterday- And they were very cute--- Which sent me into a creative tizzy lastnight & this morning! So I ordered my cards this morning, and they should arrive in a week. I got so busy at work and with Thanksgiving that I didn't want to procrastanate any longer! ( My husband also said " So we're getting cards from other Cairn's now?" I replied "Yes, they have thumbs")

I had grand plans of a photo shoot this weekend, but realized that my chances of getting Mett & Bratt to cooperate were slim- I had a grand idea though, if any of you want to try it. I was going to wrap some boxes with loose dog treats in them, then snap away as they ripped and shredded their way to the treats...

Hubby wanted me to set up our Silver tree and put bows on the boys for the pose.......yeah right, photos would be of them attacking the 'Aluminum tree' or yanking eachothers bows!

Looking forward to more cards! and can't wait to send mine out!

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

Use peanut butter in the gifts it smells stronger and when they look up you get smiles because they are working getting it off tongues...heehee :devil:

I can't wait to see the cards!

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

Brad how long do you think a snow cairn will last? one pounce and they would be gone at my house but since we don't have snow here I don't have to worry, cute card!

Teri great pictures and what a cute card! Did you make them yourself? I have a wreath that goes on my door that holds cards, I haven't put it up yet I can't wait.

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

Teri great pictures and what a cute card! Did you make them yourself?

Yes, I made them. Each Cairn on the front of the cards is different because I hand colored them.

Now I just need to find time to make my family x-mas cards. :P

Ok, all my cards are addressed and ready to go...but I have one question...how much does it cost to mail a card to Australia? How many stamps do I put on? I don't want any of my Cairn Family to get their cards next July! :wub:

Shoe, the furthest I've ever had to mail a Christmas card was Canada and I just went to the post office and got an airmail stamp. I guess Australia is the same???

Thank you to everyone for the cards I've received today....they are terrific! Teri, I am SO jealous - what a wonderful talent you have. I'll offer my apologies that I haven't done my cards yet. After working all day and then coming home, cooking and heading out to physical therapy (my knee surgery was a month ago) - it's time for bed. :( I promise they'll be coming shortly!!!!!

i think it was around 63 cents to Austalia and New Zealand. Just take your card to the post office and the clerk will figure it out.

Archived