CairnTalk

Getting to know YOU

Teri9672

We've shared everything about our furkids..............now let's get to know about YOU!

I'll go first :)

I'm Teri, 33 years old and married to Tim. Monday will be our 7 year wedding anniversary, but we've been living together for 10 years now. :wub:

We have no children by choice and don't plan to have any (besides the furry kind)

Our main mutual hobby is cars.............. We love cars, especially Camaros. We spend lots of weekends attending carshows and traveling.

Currently we are up to owning 10 cars (yes we are obsessed)

Here's a few of our favorites

carsall.jpg

We actually have 1 other camaro not in the picture that is hubby's new project car.

My husband runs the family business, a collision repair shop and I work for a NASA subcontractor doing computer graphics.

My family lives in Waco, Texas and hubby's family lives here in the area of Houston.

I guess that's enough, who's next???????

I admit, I am a bit paranoid about giving too much information about myself on a forum that has public access (world access), so if you don't mind, I will give limited information that is not too traceable......

I am a Sr. Research Scientist in a healthcare diagnostics company. I have an MD from another country but I decided to do research coming here to the US. I have two wonderful children, a 15 year old girl, and 12 year old boy. My DH is a computer consultant who works from home and is Alfie's best buddy. We live in a suburb 45 mins from NYC. We used to live in NYC for 2 years and miss the convenience of walking to a 5-star restaurant around the corner and a museum 2 blocks down...that sort of thing. But where we live is wonderful, too, where there's lots of greenery and acreage....love to have 10 cars but we only have room for 2 family SUVs....

Thanks for sharing! You, Tim and your two little ones sure seem full of life.

Anna

• Like 1

Hi

I'm Liz married to Bill for 28 years living outside of Atlanta. We live in a subdivision but the lots are on acre so we have plenty of room and there are 2 big parks within 10 miles of us. We have three grown sons that are a year apart in age. We were a very involved scouting family! We had three in college at once. Now that they all graduated and we almost out of the house. One to go. Anyone needing a computer science major with great work ethic needs look no further than this email HAHA

We both work in law enforcement. Hubby is sworn. I am civilian working as the assistant to a commander in a large jail. My hobby is photography and my Pups. My husband is has his Harley and computers. He wired our house so we could set up a network.....just recently got all the holes patched.

We also have a popup camper and try to take at least one trip a month but that may change when we start showing Sugar.

Liz

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

I graduated college last year in TN, and moved up to the Pittsburgh area to be with my then fiance/now husband in January. He's a nuclear engineer and I have a degree in japanese and business. Neither of us have been out of school very long, so we're just starting out, I guess. Right now I'm bouncing around the business community doing temp work b/c the job market up here sucks, but I'm optimistic that everything eventually works out, and that everyone has to start somewhere ^^ As much as I would love a camaro or two, I guess we need some furniture first ;) Although the lack of furniture has made it easier raising my dog.

I'm Joanne, married to Rick, and we will be married 6 years on 11/13. I got married for the first time at the ripe old age of 46 - but my DH was SO worth the wait. I've been a secretary with the FBI for almost 33 years, working on the Domestic Terrorism squad. My husband is a Supervisor and a CNC Machinist. When he was living in NY, where he is originally from, he worked at an aerospace company. Since he moved here to be with me he's at a small family business.

We moved back in with my mom who is elderly to take care of her. She was so grateful, she put her home, which is my childhood home, to my name so I've been blessed with having that legacy.

I currently have 2 years and 10 months left to retirement - from my lips to God's ears. I've been studying Medical Transcription at night and would like to do that part-time when I retire, hopefully at home.

Well here goes nuttin! Hi, I'm Terry ....with a "Y"

I've been married to John for 28 years, I have one daughter, Kerri from previous marriage, 2 wonderful grandkids, Emily 12 and Mitch 10. We live on a small 80 acre farm in Illinois, just 2 miles south of the WI line ....Cold!!! Which brings me to our obsession...our motor home and our florida house. The older I get, the more I hate the cold. We just got back from being gone 3 wks, and have already planned the next trip.... We got our babies so they go travel with us, good compact size!!! We own and run an international manufacturing business in the printing/converting industries, I use to work there till my dd had her first baby...enough said, I had to stay home and play!! She took my job and is much better at it!!!

I dont have any fancy titles, I'm just a grandma/wife/mom and that's fine with me. I do love quilting/sewing, scrapping and have made well over 100 quilts, some soon to be delivered to the hurricane babies. My husband, grandaughter and I are ceritfied scuba divers, that was a cool project to do with Emily.

Here's our Motor Home, it takes up the space of 10 cars!!! I do have three tucks....excursion, yukon and a pilot, Looks like Papa, Mama & baby bear! ....hubby drives a gmc p/u

affinity.jpg

Edited by mrskti

My name is Sandy and I'm married to Chris. Two grown daughters out of the house with an 18 year old son STILL in the house.

My hubby is a business owner and I drive a schoolbus for high school, middle school and elementary age kids. :shock:

We live in the suburbs in the Connecticut hills....nice house in a nice neighborhood but a part of me wants to move north and live in a rustic cabin in the woods. I just sold my Harley this summer...hence my forum name should probably be changed, eh? My hobbies are gardening, home decorating, fish keeping and of course my 3 Cairns. I love watching old TV comedy shows like I Love Lucy and Dick Van Dyke so you'll find TV Land on my set most of the time.

That's about it.....

Gosh Terry I love your motor home one day we may get to move up! This is really fun!

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

My husband and I live in rainy Tacoma, Washington. We were both born and raised here...about four blocks from each other. We met when we were seniors in high school, and the second I saw him, I knew that was who I would marry! It turned out that we had been in the same schools since seventh grade, but had never met, even though he knew all my friends since junior high. Even funnier, our parents knew each other for twenty years before that!!

Enough of that....we will celebrate our 30th anniversary this December (going to Hawaii for three weeks!!). We have two grown daughters, both married. They have given us three grandchildren and a fourth will be born next March. Tyler is the oldest, at 10.5 years, and for 4.5 years, we had custody of him. He went back to live w/his mother and her husband two years ago, shortly after they married...the bad part is that he lives in Oregon, 262 miles away from me! Our other daughter is married to a man from Texas, who just got out of the Army two days ago. He was deployed to Iraq w/the Stryker Brigade for one year, and we were lucky to get him back. They have two daughters, both w/boy names, Ryan and Mel, ages 4.5 and 2.5....my husband says that the grandchildren are our reward for not killing the children!!! :D

I have been employed at the 911 center here since 1983, the majority of that as a dispatcher for the sheriff department. My voice has been on COPS several times. If you ever see that show and it says it's from Pierce County Washington, that would be here! My husband is employed in the computer field and is quite the guru.

Then there are the dogs!!! Cooper the cairn, and Yoda the schnoodle. We got Cooper shortly after Tyler moved away. He is now 2.5 years. A year later, we got Yoda, and he is now 1.5 years old. We felt at the time that Cooper needed a buddy, and after much thought, got Yoda...mainly because we were told he was quite laid back and would calm the cairn down!!! Ha ha....now we have a schnoodle who thinks he is a cairn!

When we are not home, we spend a lot of time at our lake place which is about an hour away. Quite often, you will find me out on the lake in my rowboat, either fishing or napping! My newest hobby is knitting....I just learned how this past January, and found it can be quite addicting. If anyone here is in search of a good website for that, check out knittinghelp.com. Other hobbies I have done in the past are crocheting (much easier than knitting!), woodwork/tole painting, and scrapbooking. I also enjoy the internet.....you can find almost anything there you ever wanted to know, or may want to know in the future.

That's about it......

pat.

Edited by bubba
Children don't care how much you know...they want to know how much you care.

this is great! I fell like I know everyone better already :)

I forgot to add that I'm also a Scrapbooking-aholic and I'm also into pondkeeping.

Well I feel the odd one out as I'm Rene (as in Queenie) living in Auckland, New Zealand. My husband, John, and I emigrated here from the UK in 1979 because "we fancied a change". I think I cried with homesickness every day for 5 years, but now I love it here. We don't have any children.

This coming Monday I will be 54 and lucky to be here. Last Nov we relocated from Wellington to Auckland because John got a new job, and 2 days later I had a brain haemmorhage (ruptured aneurysm) and nearly died. The docs said 1/3 don't make it to hospital, 1/3 suffer major deficits e.g. paralysis, and 1/3 are like me - make a full recovery. The bad news is 7 other brain aneurysms were discovered which need clipping and coiling to stop them rupturing, so I am on a hospital waiting list (free public health service here like the UK) for 2 lots of brain surgery.

I only knew 2 people in this city when we moved here so when I came out of hospital I found life quite lonely.......that was when Fergus, my Cairn, came into our lives. He's been a real joy, lots of fun, and he gets me out to the park and beach every morning. I have met more people and made so many new friends because of Fergus, than I ever did in the 20-odd years we lived in Wellington dog-less - or should that be Cairn-less?

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around

Hi I am a Wisconsin Native. I live in the frozen tundru with my husband and two daughters ages 6 and 9. We also have two dogs ...Indy, a mixed breed we adopted from the humane society 10 years ago, and Gracie our newest 5 month addition. I am a consultant for a marketing company, I write research reports and get to work from home. Hubby is a General Contractor. This means he will have no problem fixing the base boards that Gracie has used as a chew toy.

Right now my hobby is being mommy. A kindergartener and 3rd grader keep me busier than I would like. I do like to run... I have completed 2 marathons and would like to do 2 more before I turn 40 (4 by 40 is my goal). My Hubby is a amature racecar driver which takes up a lot of our summer freetime. Life is good.

Shelly

100_0546.jpg

My name is Elizabeth and I have been married to my husband for 24 years. We have two children, Matthew (19), and Sarah (22) who are away at college.

I have recently been diagnosed with breast cancer, so I have lost my job due to the amount of time I have been off work. I have a teaching degree, so we will see what the future holds for me. My DH owns a shoe manufactoring company and mainly makes woman's dress shoes. His brands are Ros Hommerson and Walking Cradles.

We built our home 4 years ago so my hobbies have been mostly gardening and decorating.

Of course, our dogs are our hobby too! They keep us busy and never once wished that they were not here with us. My DH likes big dogs and didn't think that he would like a small dog. Well, let's just say that the dogs have him wrapped around their little paws...he loves the dogs to pieces and spoiles them more than I do!

Hi guys...Greg and I have been married for 24 years and live north of Atlanta...Go Braves! (oops, they're out of the race now, but 14 straight division titles - YES!)...We have 2 teenage daughters. One is a senior in HS and the other in college. We've been local high school boosters for many, many years and don't know what we'll do next year on Friday nights...movie nights maybe?

I'm a medical transcriptionist and work out of my home and Greg works in retail (who doesn't love Target?). Teri, Greg just recently sold his baby, a '95 Z28 that he would sometimes drive really, really fast at Road Atlanta. He misses it sorely. Oh! I am a scrapbooking-aholic, too!

I was 43 years old when we got Petey last Fall, and I had never had a dog IN MY WHOLE LIFE. Now I have 2 Cairns...whew!

Scully's mom, working at home is great! However, I used to get so much more done B.C. (before Cairns). HAHA. This IS fun..you guys are all great!

This is a great thread. I feel sheepish for being paranoid, what with such a wonderful group of cairn-lovers!

I did not grow up here in the US, although I was born in NY. My parents were students here whose visas ran out so we had to head back to the Philippines. At 28 I came here and ended up meeting my DH and staying here permanently. I'm now 43, DH is 45, we've been married for 16 years. My good friends are people I've met at work and some parents of my kids' friends. We love this country as much as I love our country of origin.

I'm Donna and i'm married just over 28 yrs. OUr kids , all girls are 25, 22, 17. The oldest just moved out, but the other two are here, one in college, and one a sr. in HS. We are midway between Pittsburgh and Cleveland( I root for both teams when they aren't playin each other) We have 2 dogs, a Boston T. and the Cairn. They are both bossy so it's quite noisy these days. At least daugther 1 took the cat with her, so there's one less thing to bark about and chase. Hubby is in the ministry, music and drama etc. WE both sing and play guitar, i play bass mostly. I would love to camp and stuff, but time and money don't allow, hubby also has pain all the time so he isn't up to alot of extra stuff... that's about it for us.

Oh, and Anna (above my first writing) I work with a woman from the Phillipines. I love her to death.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We are a smiley and giggly bunch of people! :thumbsup:

Except for my teenage daughter.... :confused:

Hey Donna, we also sing and play music in our church! I play the organ, DH sings. Thing is, the people approach HIM and tell him how good he sounds....no one notices the organist!

Edited by Anna_525

My name is Linda - aka Marmie to my grandchildren - hence my forum name. I am the mother of one married daughter, have two grandchildren age 6 (girl) and 7 (boy) and a husband of 36 years. I'm not as old as I sound! Actually I did marry young, and have grown up with my daughter. We are on our second Cairn, Tinkerbell. Our first, Oliver, lived to be 17 years old. Tink is now one year old. We currently live in Memphis, Tennessee, but have lived in Arkansas, Missouri, Connecticut and Ohio. So, when I read messages from you in those states I can somewhat relate to you and your surroundings. Connecticut makes me very homesick, as we were there 11 years and I loved it. My husband is currently re-inventing himself in a new business, and teaching for a local university. I am the registrar for a seminary in Memphis, and work with pastors worldwide who come here to train. It is a very rewarding job, and I love it. I have enjoyed learning about Cairns through this forum, although I do have some experience. It seems Tink is much more like your Cairns than Oliver was. He was terrible about marking his territory as some of you have written about your male pups, but other than that I do not remember him doing the things Tink does. She is very much a real Cairn. Oliver was born in Connecticut and was from a show/champion line. Tink is just a pet, but is so loving and wonderful and we are blessed to have her. God did a good thing when he created pets.

LindaB

Marmielin

I'm Mike. My partner Jim and I have been together for 22 years. I am 56 years old. My day job is Corporate Controller for a high tech firm in Silicon Valley. I have also been a church organist/choir director for over 40 years and currently play and direct for a local Episcopal church and also serve on the Board of Directors for a local chapter of the American Guild of Organists. Jim owns his own house cleaning business and we are the prouds papas of Duffy and Mickey. I am a cancer survivor and music, dogs and my home are my passion.

Mike