CairnTalk

2-year anniversary

Autumn & Lola

Nick thank you for posting this. Autumn (and Lola) are like a part of a much larger family on this Forum. Although I personally have never met her, I feel like we are good friends. Give her a hug from me and Rosie and tell her to hurry up and get better. Her witty and wonderful posts are the highlight of my day when signing onto this forum.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Nick - Adding  my voice to the many here who care about and are now worried about Autumn.  I will be sending good thoughts across the "pond" hoping she will recover soon and be back with you and dear Lola.  Keep us up-to-date on her progress, will you?

Hello everyone. I must say I am overwhelmed at the outpouring of good wishes and support for Autumn. I thank each and every one of you and I am sure Autumn will be thrilled when I tell her. I am going to try to print out this page and bring it back with me tonight. I thought I'd just check the forum again before I went back to hospital and have one or two messages to pass on. No wonder she loves this forum so much and speaks so highly of you all. I hope it was okay to post this here and will Keep you all updated when I can. When I left she was sleeping, finally. I just came home to feed our Lola.  Thank you again.

Nick

Give Autumn my good wishes and tell her her am praying for her healing. Hope she is soon back home.

Josie

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

:wub:Autumn is a wonderful gal and she keeps us informed on you, Nick, as well as others and of course Lola.  We love hearing from her.  She continues to  warm our hearts by leaving this forum in a "to be notified" status - so thank you for returning our affection and making sure that she is "notified" of our thoughts and prayers for her.  Give her a big hug from all of us.

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Autumn I'm sending up extra prayers for you. Take it easy and get well soon. We miss you! 

Thanks for giving us a heads up Nick. We appreciate it. You take care of her and yourself.

Many thanks for the update, Nick. Autumn is part of our little Cairn Talk family and we care about her very much. You should be glad we don't live nearby because we'd all be in the lobby of the hospital demanding to see her and causing a ruckus. :)

Take care of Autumn and our favorite "White Cairn", Lola, and keep in touch.

• Like 1

Thanks Nick for keeping us in the loop. Autumn and honorary Cairn Lola are part of our Cairn family. Send Autumn our warmest wishes for a speedy recovery and Lola tons of cuddles from us. And remember to take care our yourself Nick. You're no good to Autumn unless you are getting rest and eating well. 

• Like 1

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

You should be glad we don't live nearby because we'd all be in the lobby of the hospital demanding to see her and causing a ruckus. :)

Especially as all our cairns would be with us vocalizing as only cairns can!

• Like 1

Hope you recovery quickly Autumn. Nick is keeping a good eye on you. Use some of that Cairn stubbornness you know so well from Molly and Lola to fight off the illness.

• Like 2

Hello all you dear people.  I couldn't find this topic again so I had to call Autumn and have her walk me through it. She was absolutely bowled over by all the wonderful messages you left for her. She got tearful and told me to tell everyone, "Hi and thank you so much!"

She was extremely dehydrated after being so sick, but the nurse got fluids in her. She is still very nauseated, but is no longer vomiting.

She is already restless and bored, so that is a good sign! She asked nurse if I could bring her laptop so she could work. Silly cabbage. Of course the answer was "no" and Autumn stuck her tongue out at her. She also received a stern look from nurse after yelling, "Oh sh*t!" after the house of cards she was building collapsed. I think it is time for my girl to come home before she gets thrown out of hospital. Lola, too, misses her mummy.

Thank you everyone, again for your lovely messages. They really cheered her up.

With appreciation,

Nick, Autumn and our Lola.

:hug: Gentle hugs and a quick homecoming!! You are such a wonderful husband...and Lola is such a good girl.  Thank you for posting updates and all.  Need to purchase some glue to keep house of cards up! :thumbsup:   Tell all the humor and stories you want....we are listening!!  Now is YOUR time, Nick... :P

Sending Autumn many, many prayers and hugs!!  :D   May you and Lola do a happy dance when Autumn come in the door!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Nick! I've been checking the forum regularly for news, and you just provided the best news I could hope for.

As a fellow crazy lady I admire Autumn's spirit. Tell those nurses and doctors she needs to get out of that boring place and back home to you and Lola!

Hugs,

Helene, Buffy and Ziggy

Yes thank you very much Nick for keeping us in the know. Autumn is special to all of us and of course so are  you and Lola. Wonderful that you did this. Prayers for all of you. :pray: :pray:

You are a keeper Nick! Thanks for the encouraging news. :) Big hugs from our household to you, Autumn and of course Lola , who no doubt is waiting to be the best nurse ever... I am sure she won't care if Autumn "expresses" herself.

• Like 1

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

I second Terrier Lover's vote:  You *are* a keeper, Nick!   :thumbsup: Autumn and Lola are lucky gals to have such a caring husband and daddy.  

Thanks for giving us the news Nick. That is what happens when you live with a Cairn or a Westie. You learn how to growl at people. Good for Autumn! Sticking your tongue out is an upright way of growling. Hope she gets to come home soon and Lola can give her some proper nursing.

Hello kind folks,

If all goes to plan, Autumn should come home tomorrow.  Good thing because the laundry is piling up (joking). Thank you for the compliments. I am just trying to take care of my girl, who came all the way from USA to be with me and even gave up canolees (sp?) and cheese steak (which sounds yuck to me but she reminds me of it often that I know it was important to her. (smile). I will do my best to keep her healthy as she has surgery again next week, my poor girl.

Again, I am copying and pasting these messages to print and bring to her this evening. They put such a smile on her face. I took a lock of Lola's hair because Autumn was missing her so much. She put it in a tissue and told the nurse if anyone throws it out then people were going to "lose fingers". She told me to come collect her from "this hell hole" as soon as she was discharged or I would lose "something else". So violent, these feisty Philadelphians. (smile)  

She said to send her love and I send mine as well, and from our Lola. xx

Nick.

I'm tellin' ya, Nick!!!  That USA humor is priceless!!  :thumbsup:   From the BBC America channel I watch....the British humor is priceless to me!  And Autumn thought so much of you, she moved!!  You are priceless to her and Lola!!  :hug:   As for the laundry....well men are men...ha, ha, ha.  My DH has learned a little from me about house chores....not saying that I ask him to do it...sometimes I get a surprise.  Don't get me started on the meals....he is a CHEF (at heart, not job)...and he is VERY good.  So I do the rest....a foodie at heart, I am!!!  Not messing with the meals!!!

Prayers are coming across the "big pond" in a down pour!!!  Keeping you ALL in prayers for many, many, many humorous, loving, and healthy days (and nights) ahead!!!  Hopefully Autumn won't have to spend as much time in the hospital after surgery.  Keep us informed, you ARE doing a GREAT job!!!