CairnTalk

Worrying about my pup

jodi0553

How wonderful it must be for both you and Currey to be together, snuggling peacefully on the couch. I think we've all grown to care very deeply about him and you and Andy.

P.S. I must have checked Cairn Talk at least a dozen times at work today, hoping and praying that things were going OK. It's amazing how close I feel to this Cairn family, even though we've never met.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No matter what happens, Currey is where he wants to be. I'm sure he's thrilled to be home. Sending healing thoughts and lotsa love Currey's way.

Please keep us posted.

Jo, Jagger & Eddie

jagger_julytomarch.jpg

It is so wonderful to hear that Currey is in your arms-that is medicine all in its own..for you and Currey. Thank you so much for the updates. There are so many here that care and wish you well. God bless and we keep you in our prayers. Renee

I (along with everyone else) am so glad that Currey is with you at home. Even if it's just for one night you can all get lots of healing touch in between now and your next vet check. I hope the three of you have a restful night and Currey responds well to his "at home therapy!"

There is nothing like being home. Sending lots of love, hugs and many prayers to Currey, you and Andy. I so hope he can get his appetite back!

:hug:

Years back, our first Cairn, Willie, had severe kidney problems and was in the hospital for days. I visited him twice daily and would just rock him in my arms like a baby. The vet techs said they think that's what pulled him through. We were able to bring Willie home and had about 4 more wonderful years with him!

There's no better medicine than being home and getting that love from family.

Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

How wonderful it must be for both you and Currey to be together, snuggling peacefully on the couch. I think we've all grown to care very deeply about him and you and Andy.

Ditto and sending all our love and prayers to you all.

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

Prayers to you all. I have not been on this site in a while and was so distressed to read of Currey. I always loved to read your posts about your mischievous boy. My first cairn at age 6 was dx with autoimmune thrombocytopenia. There were many vet visits, with chemo and life long meds, but she lived to be almost 14. One of my girls, Lily was dx with myathenia gravis at 2 1/2 years of age. She had a 50-50 chance of going into remission. She is now 7 in remission with no issues. These are tough little dogs. So even against all odds, miracles do happen.

Thanks to all of Currey's friends. As always, your love and support means the world to us. He's still hanging in there and home by my side again tonight. We ran some blood tests today to see if chemo is helping and will have some answers tomorrow. He is now terribly weak and if the bloodwork is positive, will have to start IV feeding tomorrow as he's still not taking food. If the bloodwork is not good, we might lose the fight. I was ready to give up today because he is so weak and depressed but our vet still believes that he has fight left in him and that the depression could very well be about his skin pain from improperly treated diaper rash over the weekend so I have to trust her judgement still. She's very experienced, very good at what she does and amazingly compassionate towards animals and people alike. He's in little pain, but he is unhappy. However, she believes this might be temporary, so I will listen to her years of experience. If he makes it through this week, I'm going to have to leave him for a couple days. Our heartache is about much more than our sweet puppy today, as Andy's father passed away this morning. He got a call Sunday evening letting him know that he was very ill while we were visiting Currey and flew to the midwest Monday morning. I am very lucky that my mom drove 5 hours to be with me and Currey for these next few days. Our hearts are heavy and our spirits are weary but we know that something has to get better soon and I dearly hope that we can save this sweet little guy. One day at a time is what we can do right now.

You have my sincere sympathy for your family's loss. You must be overwhelmed with both Currey's illness and the passing of Andy's father.

Prayers and hugs,

Helene

My sympathy at the loss of Andy's Dad. Your strength is so visible in your words.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

oh my goodness what tough times for you. many, many condolences on the death of andy's father. so much for you two to deal with.

as you say, the doctor is experienced. she can help you a great deal. you just have to put one foot forward at a time. maybe somebody familiar to currey can visit him while you are away.

and you are right, something has to get better soon.

So sorry to read of your loss. My heart goes out to you at this sad and difficult time. You, Andy & Currey are in my thoughts. When you are able, let us know how things are going with him.

FEAR THE CAIRN!

I am sorry for the loss of your dad Andy. What a stressful time for you all. I am sorry that you have to be apart at this time. How nice of your mom to come and visit with you and Currey. I am hoping for positive blood results for Currey tomorrow. I know he is too! Keep loving on him and giving him your special TLC in home therapy!! I'm sure that tomorrow's tests will show that the TLC program works great! Hugs to everyone.

My sympathy goes to you and Andy - you have much to cope with at the present - lovely of your Mum to come and join you and I too pray that the blood test results are good. At least when you have those results it will help you to know here you are going.

:hug: for Currey

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

Jodi - so sorry to hear the news about Andy's dad. When i think of the turmoil you have, i don't dare feel sorry for myself when i think i'm having a 'bad day'. Your inner strength and surrounding support will help you through this very heart wrenching time.

Emma, Fred and Ginger x

Oh, gosh...you guys have had such a difficult time lately. Thoughts and prayers are with you...

Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

Archived