CairnTalk

Worrying about my pup

jodi0553

I am so sorry that Currey lost his battle. My heart is with you at this horridly sad time for you and your family. You gave him the ultimate gift.... the gift of freedom, and the ability of his spirit to fly without pain. I am sure their spirits stay with us . I know my DH and I feel our departed Scottie Sandie, often close to us. Jock often reacts the same way. Take comfort that as hard as it was to send him on to his next journey, he is now in a place that is free from any earthly pain and discomfort.

Big hug from Jock and I :candle:

Lynn

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear Jodi,

I haven't been around much lately, but yesterday I found your original post about Currey's battle and I couldn't stop reading it. I followed your story through all 15 pages, and there were moments of tears, followed by moments of hope and smiles. I am so sorry today to learn that Currey has crossed over the Rainbow Bridge. You must know that you & your husband did everything in your power to help Currey. All three of you fought as hard as you possibly could have. Only when you & Currey knew it was time did you let him go. Your experience is one that none of us want to go through, but that evenutally all of us must. Currey is now in the Lord's care, but he will always be in your heart. Bless you both.

Jim & Connie

Jim, Connie, Bailey & Sophie

FLOWERCHILD-1-1.jpgBAILEYSOPHIE4-22-07002-1.jpg

Jodi, I'm so very sorry about Currey. My heart is breaking for you and we all know the pain you are feeling. You did everything you could do and Currey fought with true Cairn stubbornness. We will keep you in our prayers and thoughts.

Helene

we are all grieving with you. we have come to admire you and currey so much. you fought the good fight together, and he is yours forever. you have so much to deal with now, i hope some day soon you can take comfort in the fact that you did everything possible in a very very tough situation. you chose well, and you never need to wonder whether you met the challenge. you all did.

I am so, so sorry for your loss. I know that the spirits of those we love really do live on in our hearts. Currey will always have a special place.

Wishing you peace.

I have tears streaming down my cheeks here at work. Jodi,I have said before and I will say again: God should have made cairns to last 100 years...

But he didn't. And if we love them, we have to lose them. I -- and I think everyone else here -- knows a little about the pain you are going through today, and I also think we would all take it on for you if we could. I hope you and your husband can hold on to each other and try to get through the pain of the next few days in the knowledge that, though it was not an easy time, you all (including Currey) handled it courageously.

Sorry to read this news but like others have said you and Currey have worked hard to not have this happen but now at least your lovely Currey [i have always loved the avatar photo of that cheeky face] is free of pain and is at peace.

Now you have concentrate on Andy and his family during this time of grief, and I know this will be more difficult than it should be as you will also have Currey in your mind.

Thinking about you.................................

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

Jody and Andy,

So, so sad to hear you lost him.

I wish you strength in this very difficult time. I completely admire how you gave your utmost love and support to sweet little Currey. My thoughts and heart are with you.

Adrienne

Dear Jodi and Andy,

It felt like a blow to my heart when I read your words that Currey had passed. I am crying with you.

He was such a brave little boy, and you did everything you could possibly do to help him fight this illness. May the angels lift him into paradise.

With deepest sympathy,

Melissa

Dear Jodi and Andy,

I was shocked and deeply saddened to read that Currey lost his battle. I hope that the love and support of your family and friends will be of some consolation to you at this difficult time.

My thoughts are with you.

Sanford

FEAR THE CAIRN!

Hi all. We lost Currey this morning. My heart is breaking so many ways and it was so hard to make the decision, but it was time and he and I both knew it. His little body just couldn't fight the cancer anymore. I don't know when I'll be back, but you are all some of the most wonderful people and doggies on the planet. Please hug your pups for me and make sure they know how much you love them.

Jodi

My heart bleeds for you. If you look at my profile you'll know I identify.

Love and Shalom to you and your family,

Tara and the Gang

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

I am so sorry for your loss and I greatly admire the battle that you, Andy and Currey put up. I can't imagine the fortitude that it took to wage this battle, the ups and downs and the ultimate outcome. You had so many serious issues to deal with all at one time. I don't know if I would have the strength to get through the same set of circumstances.

Try to take some extra time to mend.

God has Currey now, so you know he is happy and pain free.

All the best.

Dave

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

AM. CH. THARRBARR LITE MY FIRE ZOMERHOF

I am so sorry to hear about Currey! I so wish I had something to say that would ease the pain but I know there is nothing but time that will ease the pain.

Jodi, I was so sorry to hear Currey lost his battle. Please know that you and Andy did everything possible for him, even knowing when it was time to let him go. My heart goes out to both of you. Rest in Peace Currey.

God bless....

Lynda

I am very sorry for your loss. Currey's time with you was much too short. My thoughts are with you and Andy as you go through these difficult times.

Who rescued whom?

Rest in peace Curry, you were loved by many and will be missed.

Jodi and Andy, I can't even begin to imagine how you are feeling today, but know that we are all with you both in spirit. As others have said, I, too, admire you.

I wish you peace and healing.

Your Friend,

Tuesday

I too am sending my deepest regrets on the loss of Currey. You have all been extremely brave to have fought the battles. Currey is now at peace and waiting for you to someday join him. No words can truly express my heartfelt sympathies extending to both of you. Take care of yourselves and know we have all cared in your journey.

Hugs Sandy

Husband and dog missing ...25 cents reward for dog

Jodi and Andy, I am so very, very sorry to hear Currey lost his hard fought battle. I hope you can find solace in knowing that you did everything in your power to help him. Hopefully you can find peace in knowing that your little one is no longer suffering. I posted this song earlier today in the memorial section. Johnny Reid wrote it about the loss of his dog. I know you'll be able to relate...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt4ZcsBfaNU

Jo, Jagger & Eddie

jagger_julytomarch.jpg

I am so sad to hear that Currey has passed. Most of us know the loss of a pet and it truly is as if we are losing one of our dearest family members. When my Dad died our dog followed a few months later. I felt so guilty because I loved my Dad so much but the loss of our dog was felt equally as deep. Currey was lucky to have such a wonderful home to live in while he was here on earth. And since all dogs go to heaven we will all get to meet him someday! Take care of yourselves these next few months/year of grieving. Maybe Currey wanted to follow along with your father-in-law. Cairn's think they know everything and maybe he needed to go now to help Andy's Dad. Sending you cyber hugs and hope you begin to have happier days soon.

I am so sorry for your loss of Currey. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Just know you did everything possible. God bless, Renee

I am deeply saddened by the loss of your beloved Currey - - whatever the reason he was meant to be in your life for just a short time - - may the wonderful memories you have of him help to lessen pain you feel today - - thinking of you - - God Bless.

Archived