CairnTalk

Help please

Scruffys Mom

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I went through a similar episode with my first cairn when she was 6. Listen to your dog. You know Sparky better than anyone. Spend as much time with him as you can. He trust you. Cairns are tough little dogs. My Molly survived against all odds and lived to be 14.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still keeping you and Sparky in my thoughts and still praying. I know he is so comforted by your loving presence. I am so relieved to hear he is doing a little better, and I hope he continues to improve! :hug:

My thoughts are with you. :hug: Having had a Scottie with IBD all her life I can relate to the worry and also the enormous vet bills. But in the end its all worth it. Keep your chin up, these little dogs are tough.

Just another comment. Sandie (the scottie) was really helped with home cooking. I think thats what pretty much got her to the age she was (12) which is past the life span of most Scottish Terriers.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

I am so sorry to hear...My thoughts and prayers are with you and Sparky. Spend time with him and give him your strength.

Sparky is getting the best care that you can provide for him, and that is as much as you can do. He knows your love for him, and that you are with him through this very difficult time. Hopefully, all the prayers & positive thoughts that we are sending will help Sparky to recover fully. You should take comfort in knowing that you are doing all that is humanly possible for your sweet boy, no one could expect you to more than you are doing. Bless you both :pray:

Jim

Jim, Connie, Bailey & Sophie

FLOWERCHILD-1-1.jpgBAILEYSOPHIE4-22-07002-1.jpg

I went to visit Sparky today. Very lethargic from eh 2nd surgery, but he pooped. I have never been happir to see poop. Still a little runny, but not like before. Still has a feeding tube and a drain. He is grumpy but I saw a sparkle in his eyes and trust the vet and God. He will be home soon and I will keep you all updated as he gets better. Hope everyone and their Cairn is doing great tonight. Thankfully I have my Scruffy to hug.

Your great news is sounding more hopeful each day. Thank you for keeping us up to date on Sparky's progress and myself and my Scruffy send our love and he is in my prayers.

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

Thanks for the update so glad to hear of Sparky's progress. He is such a good boy to go thru all he has. Hope you can hold him close very soon and take him home.

God Bless

cairn terriers leave pawprints on our lives

This news sounds encouraging, thank you for the update. We will continue to keep you & Sparky in our thoughts & prayers.

Came to check for any update on Sparky this morning, and was happy to see some encouraging news, Madeline. Sending big hugs for Sparky as he recovers, and prayers for both of you! :hug:

Melissa

Dear friends, Sparky took a turn for the worst last night. All of his blood levels are dropping. I will probably be saying good bye to him shortly. Thanks to everyone for their prayers comfort and support. I have not ruled out a miracle, but the surgeons do not have a good feeling and are still perplexed. Probably won't be back on here today (unless we get the miracle) You are all such good people. Love your dog!

I'm so sorry to hear this latest bit of news. I'm hoping for that miracle too but, if it doesn't happen, you know you did everything (and more) for your guy. Still sending prayers from Illinois.

:hug:

Helene

So sorry to read this bad news regarding Sparky. Will be keeping both of you in my prayers.

Becky & Tanner

When you post again, you'll see that you and Sparky have been surrounded by love and prayers all night. Mine too.

Archived