CairnTalk

My Precious Riley

Rileymom27

Happy 8th birthday precious Riley! I am sure it was a lovely sunshine-filled day at Rainbow Bridge, just perfect for a birthday party with all your friends there. Your family loves and misses you so. Come visit them in their dreams, little one. :hug:

• 4 weeks later...

This is the first year you haven't caught a little bunny on Easter. I bet the rabbits are so relieved! Happy Easter Baby Boy - - still loving and missing you - - -so much!

• 5 weeks later...

My precious Riley - - - today is Jamie's birthday - - - and the 4 month anniversary of your passing. The two of you shared such an amazing bond - - you literally danced when she walked into the room. She was the one responsible for picking you out and making arrangements to fly you in from Tulsa. She also felt so bad when we found out about your health conditions at the young age of 4 months - - - but - - - you know what???!!! - - - you were the best little boy a family could have!!! We loved you fiercely - - - still missing you - - - so so much!

• 2 months later...

Today is my birthday - - the first one spent without you. I am fortunate - - - I have a wonderful family and a good life - - - I still have days when I wish I could just cuddle you, Riley. What a life-changer you were!! Still missing you - - - so so much!! xoxoxoxoxo!

Please know that I understand the ache of your loss, and the pain of your loss, and that I care. Riley was lucky to have the security and love of your family. I hope that, and the caring support of those who love you will be of some consolation at this sad time.

FEAR THE CAIRN!

I understand too and my heart goes out to you. Every time an anniversary or a certain date comes along, the pain is there as raw as it was when you first lost your beloved little pal. Just hold on to the wonderful memories and know what a good happy life your little boy had with you, it's good to keep his memory alive in here like this and I hope it gives you a bit of comfort in your low times when reading that others understand.

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

Thanks so much Sanford and ScruffynMag- - it does help to know that others understand. I am perplexed as to why I can't get over the loss of my little guy - - he was just so full of unconditional love and joy and happiness - - everything that is GOOD in this life. He came to me during a really traumatic time and I know that someday I will be able to think of him without all this sadness - - just not yet.

It has been 2 years since my Mothers dog Pooter passed, and I am still feeling the loss. She didn't live with me but I would see her a couple times a week, and she would stay with me when they had to go out of town. I loved that little dog so much. I'm not good at speaking with people who has lost someone. Maybe it's because I don't deal with it very well myself. I'm sure everyone on this forum understands how you are feeling. It takes a long time. I'm doing better with it now, but I still cry from time to time.

I too know how sad these times can be - having just passed our Molly's first anniversary of crossing over to Rainbow Bridge. It was a very sad day for both hubby and myself. Although time does help to heal our hearts, we never forgot how much unconditional love they gave us while they shared this time. It is difficult when special dates remind us of our furbabies - but we also know we must go on. Memories are what help us cope. Bless you and may the pain and heartache lessen as each day passes.

Husband and dog missing ...25 cents reward for dog

Thank you all for your caring and compassion - - Riley was only here for 7 short years - - but he taught me so much about life and living each day to the fullest. I just never had a dog like him before - - constant doctor visits and procedures yet able to greet each day with a wag of his tail and that mischievous little face - - he was in constant "play mode" - - what a special little spirit he was!! He was loved sooooooooooo much!!!

• 2 months later...

With the holidays approaching and the many gatherings of cherished friends and loving family members I can't help but notice the absence of my special little guy - - always thinking of you, Riley and missing you so much!!! xoxoxoxo!!

• 2 weeks later...

I unpacked the Christmas stockings today - - hung up the family's and quietly packed yours up again- - - you sure did love getting your stocking on Christmas morning and unwrapping all the little gifts we had for you - - missing you fiercely little boy! xoxo

• Like 1

It has been exactly one year since my Jack died. We hang his stocking next to ours just as always-we still consider him part of the family. My daughter even put his collar on top of his stocking. Kind of sweet...

• 4 weeks later...

As Christmas is fast approaching I am reminded of what a mischievous little guy you were - - - I had to keep watch over the stockings and presents all night because you loved to tear into them and rip everything apart. It wasn't easy sleeping on the couch with one eye open.!!! You were the cutest boy - - so excited to have your family come to your house - - kissing everyone's feet as you ran and ran and ran around the house - - how I miss you, baby boy! Merry Christmas!!! xoxo!!

• 1 month later...

One year ago today I lost "my precious Riley" and the longing to hold him and kiss his little face is still as fresh as it was then. As painful as it is - - he was meant to be a part of my life - - and has enriched it beyond measure. What an absolute joy he was!! Remembering the good times but also missing him so much - - I will never forget you, baby boy - - missing and loving you fiercely - - - - still!

You hold on to that feeling.... loving something/somebody fiercely is a precious gift. :hug:

Edited by Terrier lover

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

One year ago today I lost "my precious Riley" and the longing to hold him and kiss his little face is still as fresh as it was then. As painful as it is - - he was meant to be a part of my life - - and has enriched it beyond measure. What an absolute joy he was!! Remembering the good times but also missing him so much - - I will never forget you, baby boy - - missing and loving you fiercely - - - - still!

Not a day goes by that I don't miss Holdsworth and Shadow terribly, gone to RB in 2000 and 2002 respectively. And yes, they are our

babies forever, aren't they? My heart is with you.

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I believe in things that can't always be explained - - today I was out riding my bike when I saw a tiny black puppy running towards me and into the path of a car - - without hesitation I positioned myself between the puppy and the car - - driven by an elderly man who surely didn't see the little guy run into the street. The man stopped and the puppy narrowly missed going under the wheel - - the puppy was a Cairn - - its name was "RILEY"!!! Thinking of you always - - my precious one!

• Like 4