CairnTalk

Blastomycosis

Deasta

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got up to read cause I cant sleep and found this thread, how I havent noticed it until now I'll never know......

Stacey, i am so very sorry about Bubba, bless his heart, and yours. You all made a valiant try at this, you can take comfort in that for sure. I will hug my baby girls a little tighter tonight and say a prayer for your family. I know Bubba will be terribly missed.

:candle:

Terry, mom of Dori and Ellie Mae

th_IMG_0641-1.jpgth_prettypuppies.jpgth_IMG_0068.jpg

I kept my candle burning all night...

I feel so lost knowing that I will neevr be able to be with my buddy Bubba...

I pet him on the head last morning..he looked so drained..but he wagged his tail..I broke down and cried..

I am hoping he didnt feel my great pain...I wanted to so desperatly keep him here with me..

All the things that have gone thru my head..

If only the vet would have given him the medication sooner..if only he wasnt misdignosised in the begining...if only if only if only

Now Bubba is gone..I just cant believe it..why does it hurt sooo bad? I thought I would have some peace...but I miss his smile..his eyes...

I keep thinking what a good boy he was...when we would run together he always was at least 200 yards ahead...he was so funny..HAD to be the leader...but he was so good..he would never get TOO far ahead..he would STOP and look back at me..like saying "Come on slow poke...pick up the pace"

At times I may stop and tie my shoe on the trail and sure enough he would come running back..making sure I was ok..

Every morning he would get up with my husband and go down to the lake...it was funy cause he was soo excited..in those wee hours around 5am...he couldnt WAIT to run...the rest of the dogs would stay in bed with me..but not him...he knew when my husband got up with that coffee cup that it was time to go down to the lake

He had a box outside too...that dog never wanted to come in..he was like an alaskan husky savoring the outdoors...so I put a box outside with a pillow in it...when I came home here he was curled up in his box..the snow coming down..he'd hop out and start smiling at me...so happy to see me come home

So many good times...I just dont know how life will be without him..he was so special...I just cant get over it...

Thank you all for the candle lighting last night...it was so kind of all of you..so thoughtfull...

I miss Bubba so much...I wish this would have never happened

Stacey

I took this picture of Bubba yesterday morning.. a mere hour before he left us..he was actually after DAYS fof not being able to drink or eat..drinking his water from his bowel...one small last gift to give him before he left

post-1338-1143034910_thumb.jpg

Stacey, Shep, Dingo, Oakie and of course, Bubba!!

Stacy - I hope you and your husband can get through the next few days and that, as you grieve, you remember what a terrific dog Bubba was. I was touched by how he was always ahead of you in the journey -- and now he is again.

You and your family are in my thoughts so much.

Kathryn

I am still thinking of you and your family. Everytime I read this thread, I cry for you. Again, I am so sorry.

Somer

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

Stacey...I hope you and Mark got some much needed rest last night.

Still in my thoughts....

Cathy

Cathy and Piper

I can't come to this thread without crying. It brings back the memories of when I went through this.

I hope that it helps in some small way that we all came to love Bubba so much. I know with all my heart that he knew the tremendous love that you and your husband had - and have - for him.

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Cathy and Piper

Dear Stacy,

I am sorry to hear this! I have been busy for the past 2 days...Bubba is in dog heaven, for sure, smiling down on you.....you did everything you can...may he rest in peace!

Bubba lived a wonderful life and he was lucky to have you.

(((((HUGS)))))

Anna

Well we made it thru another day :(

It was most difficult last night for my husband..I had to work ..so he was alone..

He told me when I got home that he recieved a wonderful call from Scullys Mom.

(Thank you so much)

It was a good moment for him to share...and it made such a difference..

After he got off the phone he decided it was time to get ahold of Audra..

Audra is the ever compassionate vet student from the UW who stayed by Bubba's side during his critical times in ICU. She was our angel :halo: and we knew we had a special person caring for our Bubba...

She feel in love with him..why wouldnt she! Everyone who met Bubba thought he was just the coolest thing...she even coined the same phrase we did.."Bubba's the BEST!"

She called the day I got back from the UW with the sad news of Bubba's collasped lung. I was bitter...the docter there just wasnt like Audra...

But Audra spoke with me and really made us take a step back and think about Bubba's life...and where he was headed....She called at a pivotal moment...

My husband THOUGHT he would be ok with calling her...he said the conversation was good with Scullys mom..he didnt break down..and it was theraputeic

But...it was only seconds into the conversation with Audra that they both broke down in tears...he said he just couldnt hold in in....and hearing Audras voice and her love for Bubba..just brought back so much emotion

My husband had a difficult time last night...after the conversation our other doggie..Oakie...was acting "sickly"

Oakie hurt his paw this week...sustained a huge gash which swelled his paw up ...we have been bidding our time with Oakie since we just dont have the money to go back to the vet..so for two days I have been attempting to nurse his paw..But last night..my husband said he was acting poorly...

He stayed close to my husband..and even had him hold him (Oakie is like so many of our cairns..resistant to being held for long periods of time..just so darn independant) But last night..that changed..and my poor husband grief stricken was sick over Oakie..watching his every move...thinking..Oh noooo...please lord..not again

So..it was trying...

The only thing that saved me was going to work..I didnt think I could do it..but I did..

But after my shift..as soon as I left the building..I burst into tears... :(

Today I am going to force myself to take Dingo to the trail we run on....

and I am hoping I can wean Oakie back to health without having to go to the vet...

Dingo...poor Dingo still has a cough..and I am dreading dreading taking him to the vet for an xray...in a way I am relieved we have no moeny for anymore visits...becasue sometimes I think..do I really want to know...I jsut dont think we could handle anymore..I really dont...

Thank you for allowing me to continue to share my emotions with you all...it is such a tiring process...and being able to type away some of the thoughts makes my heart a little less burdensome

Stacey

Below is a picture of Oakie and his poor paw...I hope and pray he gets better too

post-1338-1143132070_thumb.jpg

Gosh, I am so sorry to hear that your other fur babies are under the weather as well. When it rains, it pours doesn't it? We will be thinking of you and your family and praying for a fast recovery for Dingo and Oakie. Please feel free to come here and vent anytime. We all share your pain.

Somer

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

Stacey,

With your tender care I'm sure Oakie and Dingo will have speedy recoveries.

We've got a little bit of a worry right now with Olie. I discovered a lump on his side last week, about 1 inch in diameter, that turned out to be cancerous and must be removed. Since it was just discovered the vet thinks the cancer probably hasn't metasticized. Still it's a great worry. We'll keep everyone posted; we may end up needing the kind of emotional support only these forum participants can offer.

Just you keep coming back for support as well; we'll be here.

Tara, Olie and Teddy's Mom

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

oh my goodness, is Oakie ever precious....I hope his owie is better soon. Hug him for me please. He looks like my Dori.

Hang in there Stacey, time will heal things for you.

Terry, mom of Dori and Ellie Mae

th_IMG_0641-1.jpgth_prettypuppies.jpgth_IMG_0068.jpg

Stacey, I had such a nice conversation with your hubby last night. I couldn't wait to come home from work to call you guys. I'm sorry I missed you. I'll try again though!

I think our furry babies are so in tune with our emotions that I think your baby was trying to comfort your hubby. I hope that both of them are feeling better.

Tara, I'm sorry to hear about YOUR pup and will keep Olie in my prayers as well.

First off Tara- I am sorry to hear about Olie- but glad you found it so soon.

In past dogs/cats I have found lumps that turned out to be cancer, but becasue I found it early they made a full recovery- Which I am sure Olie will do too!

I wanted to give a break down of the auctions for everyone.

Total amount was $228.87 that we raised. That is from the 5 auctions and 2 direct sales that I did during the fund raiser. I sent Stacey the last of the funds last night :)

Thank you Everyone!

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

Wow that is wonderful!!!!

Tracey - I really want to thank you for doing this. You are awesome!

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

:) A BIG HUGE THANK YOU :)

Mark and I along with Bubba, Oakie and Dingo would like to express our SINCEREST THANKSSSSSSSS and APPRECIATION for the FUNDS raised from the Ebay auction

We are so grateful and indeed so happy that all of you rallyed to find it in your hearts to coninue with the auction and donate the proceeds to help with our finanical burden

In HONOR of Bubba...I would like to reflect on all the things that made him so wonderful :D

Bubba...aka Choppy...Bubby's the Best..Bubba Boa..BIG BOAR

Favorite Food

Milk Bones (he was defianlty no frills) Apples, BREAD (carbo freck all the way!)

Favorite activity:

RUN run and Run some more. Wait for momma to catch up while running wondering why she was so slow

Diving for ROCKS in the lake:

Bubba was a true freak. In the summer we would go to the lake and drop ROCKS (mouth size) in the water. Bubba was the only dog that would actually DIVE for the rocks. His routine for doing so was 1) FEEL with your paw where the rock is

2)DIVE to the rock while blowing BUBBLES thru your nose

3)Come up with the rock in your mouth and WHILE not being able to see walk back to the shoreline and plunk the rock down

The first time he did this we laughed so hard we almost "peed" our pants!!!

Attempting to SWIM out to the ducks in the lake thinking he may actually have a chance to "get them!" :)

Bubba TRIED to chase the Ball when we would throw it across the yard...but he was more like the LINE BACKER...he would run out after the ball with the other dogs then SMASH into them....When he would get the ball he would chew on it for a mere second and then stop as if thinking "Is this dumb or what? This ball doesnt move? It doesnt taste good? Whats this sport anyway??"

Bubba defiantly liked chasing LIVE things....ecspecially on top of the WOODPILE!! No fear of heights there!!( see attached pic..thats Bubba on the top)

Favorite special treats:

Having mommy BRUSH him....he would sit for hours if it invloved being brushed. Afterwards he looked like a big poofy whiteball...but he lovveeedddd the brush!

Sleeping Spots:

The cardboard box outside

Daddy's sock drawer which he found one day in the closet and crawled into!!

(he was acutally missing for a while and when hubby went to turn the light on in the closet..there he was looking at him like "Hey...nice drawer!!)

Special quailties:

RENTLESS in everything he did

Lovable

Goofy (he had that smile!!)

TOUGH TOUGH TOUGH!!!

Reflecting over Bubbas life we realize he did in deed have a GREAT time. Everyday he got to enjoy his day to the fullest be it hunting, running, scouting in the woods...laying in the sun...

We are thnkful we got to share all of these wonderful moments with our BUBBA!!!

post-1338-1143222268_thumb.jpg

The woodpile picture is wonderful. Reminds me of our first Cairn, Oliver, who loved to search the woodpile for field mice when we lived in Connecticut. He would spend hours out by the woodpile, and he would get very mad at anyone who tried to get HIS mice. He lived to be 17, and is still missed. We now have Tink who is 1 1/2. I know you have other Cairns - aren't you glad you do. You will miss Bubba forever I know, even though you have the others to love. We still miss Oliver, but Tink has been such a blessing.

LindaB

Marmielin

Archived