CairnTalk

Blastomycosis

Deasta

When I told my friend who is a cat mommy, and a believer in holistic care, she asked if I would post a suggestion:

"...I would give the dog some echinacea and goldenseal. Red clover is good for fatal illness'. ANd, yes they do sell herbs for pets but they jack up the prices...."

I hope this helps.

And I hope Bubba is feeling better this morning.

Sally

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sally, GMTA! I just got off the phone with a friend of mine who does a lot of rescue work with both dogs and cats. She is totally into everything natural and believes in holistic care for animals. One thing that she uses with all her animals is Penta water - it's a bottle water that you get at health food stores. It's supposed to be tremendous.

She mentioned looking into a holistic vet for Bubba. She said to try even asking at a local health food store if they can recommend anything for pancreatitis.

Continued prayers for Bubba!!

I was just checking to see if any updates were posted...

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

Hello everyone

Gathering info because I am leaving with Bubba in a half hour to make the long trip back to madison.

I am going down there without a cent in my pocket praying the paperwork from Imom will will filled out by the docters and approved...this is my last resort

Bubba is sickly today..I just gave him his iv subq bolus and we have no more fluids left to give himHis heperain is almost gone to as well as his pain medciation..I dont know what the vet will say down there..but these are desperate times

Bubba actually had a gleaming moment yesterday..he satin the sun...seemed comfortable...and got two bolus's of fluid which made him pee nicely..

Last nigth I tentativly waited with my last pain shot for any signs of an attack..but it seemed he slept well and only started moving around early this morning...

I wont be back with any news till the end of today...long drive and more sitting..

I am hoping Bubba will be ok for this long trip

I will be thinking OF ALL of you while I drive down there...and praying that all those prayers keep working for us..I believe they have..I really do...

Soplease I ask..one last prayer to god...LET this be good news...let the docter treat him so he can be well..and pray that the financing from Imom is accepted

Thank you all..I will drive safely

Stacey

Stacey, Shep, Dingo, Oakie and of course, Bubba!!

Hi! I am praying for Bubba and your family - - - you are certainly both going through some very difficult times. As an owner of a special Cairn (his vet bills topped $7,000) I understand your predicament. Hoping everything turns out and Bubba can be on his way to a speedy recovery!! God bless!!!!

I know that I posted this before, but

I'm doing some fund-raising for Bubba -if you are interested please contact me offline for details or see my profile/signature block.

Tracy

Good luck today, Stacey and Bubba. You will be in my thoughts and prayers, for sure. Please update when you can.

Tracy....again, what a wonderful thing you are doing to help Bubba and family. You are very talented!!! Hope others join in soon!!

Cathy

Cathy and Piper

Stacy - You and Bubba will be in my thoughts all day. I hope that you learn he is progressing, and that you will soon be out of this crisis and running happily with all of your dogs again.

Kathryn

I made a bid on my ring!!! (yes, mine! I am already claiming it!) Sent with LOTS of love to Bubba!

Everyone take a look. The jewelry is beautiful and it is for a good cause!

Thank you for doing this Tracey! You are awesome!

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

I'm so sorry to hear about Bubba's failing health and I'm very sorry that I haven't reponded to your notes until now...don't know where my head has been lately. :(

You and Bubba will be in my thoughts and prayers. ((hugs)).

I'm so sorry for you and Bubba,every time I see Bubba sitting in the sun it brings tears to my eyes and I send him a big kiss.

:pray: for Bubba from my kids and I.

:( I wish I had some good news

The UW was awful.

It was as because I had no money..they basically gave up on me and bubba

right away the docter said no labs..

Then she said she would take a xray of his lungs..if it was progressivley worse then Bubba should be euthenized :(

What if they improved? Well..maybe then they will ultrasound the pancrease..but "you know he will need hosptial stay and IV feedings cause you just cant keep not feeding him..."

I KNEW as soon as she said that...that we were doomed.

I was so bitter and mad...she was so focused on euthenizing ...you couldnt spell it out any easier..

No labs? Didnt she even want to know if they were still improving?

Well..the xray came back..the left lung was imporved..aLOT! I knew it!

But then horrible news...his right lung had a pneumo thorax...thats when a hole is in the lung and it leaks air and blood into it...

Usually this doesnt kill a person or dog..my other dog had a pnuemo thorax and they taped him with a needle then placed him on oxygen and then I think they even did a chest tube

But alas..more money

so she tapped him and gave him back to me

Her parting words..

If he doesnt eat within 24 hours I would put him down.

His breathing may get worse..but some dogs can live on half a lung

HELP US!!!!!!

We dont know what to do...we are so scared..and the UW was so cruel

Bubba slept good last night

And he ATE chicken this morning and drank

AM I SSUPPOSE to euthenize him now??

He's not in pain..I KNOW the pancrease is better....

I even knew his lung was improving just by the breathing..it was so much better

I need to talk ..badly...

We are so confused her....we cried all last night

We are ready to accept the fact that we must do what we must do for the sake of saving him from pain and misery

But the dog is actually better..

THEY laughed at me like "Yea wait, he'll never eat..." Then they scoffed cause they think he's to skinny to save....

I am so sick right now I cant even think

Please any help...

I am at 715-453-5606

post-1338-1142948805_thumb.jpg

Stacey, Shep, Dingo, Oakie and of course, Bubba!!

Stacy,

My God, I wish I knew what to say to you to bring you comfort and help during this absolutely terrible time. I have asked myself throughout your post, "what would I do??" You love your Bubba so much. You have done and continue to do everything humanly possible to get him healthy again. I can only tell you that you and your family have been amazingly strong and positive through this ordeal. You are incredibley intuitive about your Bubba. Whether you decide to ride out this horrible storm together..., I truly believe you will do whatever is best for him. Only you know your little guy's inner strength. Continue to follow what your heart cries out for.

My very best to you.

Lisa

Stacy -

Tried to PM you, but looks like your box is full. My heart is also breaking for you. Cannot call because I am at my office, but hope you know I am pulling for you and Bubba. He has surprised folks all along, and he may still. I know you will listen to your inner voice, and to his, and he will guide you. Right now, sounds like he is still eating, skeeping, breathing better. Obviously your local vet seems more willing to work with you than UW, and maybe that is a sign...

Sending hugs, sympathy, hopes for better times, hopes that Bubba can still heal himself with your care and love.

I have a gruesome day of meetings but will still try to get in touch later.

Kathryn

Hang in there. They told me Wes was dying last June. That he had no stomach left. That he would need steroids every day of his life if he survived at all. It was the worst time of our lives.

I tried to call you too, but your line was busy.

The thought just came to me. What about steroids, until he's better?

Yeah, her line is still busy, and her message box is full. Does anyone have her direct email addresss? I've got funds to send her.....

I guess I can always fedex a check, I do have her home address.....

Her line is still busy. Hopefully someone is talking with her right now.

Stacey - This is just me but if Bubba were getting better and showing signs of improvement, I would not put him down. This is a decision that you have to make to determine what is best for your little guy but if he is showing signs of improvement, I don't think anyone here would fault you for not putting him down.

I have seen people who have had experiances like this and they had their story run in local newspapers or on the news and they have had an outpouring of people willing to make donations to help. Call and see if they would be willing to help. Put out donation cans at local resteraunts, grocery stores, anywhere. Ask the local petco or petsmart if they can help in any way. Ask your vet to put out donation cans. Put up flyers, etc. Ask your vet if you can give thier number and have people call and make their donations directly to his/her office. That way people would know that their money is actually being used to help Bubba.

I have tried to call several times and your line is busy and your messages are full. PM me if need be and we can set up a time to talk, maybe in Live Chat so that everyone can talk at once.

Did you ever hear a yes or no from that organization to see if they approved you for some help?

Prayers and a candle being lit for Bubba. Hang on little buddy, you have come so far! :candle:

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

OMG....Where have I been? Why haven't I been reading this post?

Oh Stacy...I am so sorry I didn't know what has been going on with you and Bubba.

I will pray extra hard today for all of you. Please keep your strength up and keep good thoughts.

I am here to help emotionally and financially.

Sandy

I just wanted to let all of you know that I just spoke with Stacey's husband.

Bubba has gone onto the Rainbow Bridge.

My deepest sympathies to you both. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Cathy

Cathy and Piper

Archived