CairnTalk

Jake update

jakesmomma

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, we made it through our first night home. He really was very good (I hope he keeps it up!). He kept wanting to nap when we got home, but I kept waking him up so he'd sleep at night! He was still a bit lethargic yesterday and didn't want to eat much, but his appetite seems better this morning. When I put him to bed in his kennel (which is right by my bed), he whined for about 5 or 10 minutes then quieted right down. He woke up about 3 and whined a bit more for a couple minutes but again, quieted down. This morning, we've been outside to poop & pee twice, which he did almost immediately when I put him down. He follows me around wagging his tail constantly. He gets so excited when he sees his toys, like it's the first time he's EVER seen them, even if he'd just put it down!

My Jack, Dixie, is pretty mad at me right now, but she has moments where it almost looks like she wants to play with him, so hopefully she'll warm up soon. She never has been a very social dog, so maybe she'll remain aloof.

I'll try to post some pics tonight. I've just been having too much fun watching him discover his new home that I haven't wanted to take the time to work on that!

Cindy

Hooray!!! Jake is finally home! Love from Savannah! :wub:

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

The moment I've been waiting for: signing onto the forum and learning that Jake is home! SO glad to hear this! Please give him a pat from Allie and me.

(Now if someone would just find Fergus, it would be a perfect day!)

Cindy, I am SO happy to hear that Jake is home and is doing well. I'm sorry to hear about your accident but I'm glad to see that you're okay.

I clicked on your name to send you a PM and I see you have a picture of Jake in there. If it's okay, I copied it to my photobucket account and I'm putting it here for everybody to see.

Cairn moms and dads, presenting......JAKE!

photo-1011.jpg

Aww...He is so sweet....he looks like my Max a little. How old is he? Did you ever hear from the breeder about Jake's illness? Glad he is home with you :D

Thanks, everyone! Jake was born on 5/24. Skully's Mom is helping me put the photos on my signature so they show up when I post. I included one of Jake's big sister, Dixie.

We've had a pretty mellow day. Either he is the most laid back Cairn on the planet or he's still not feeling 100%. His tail wags constantly and I can always tell where he is because it's always thumping on the hardwood floor! I've learned he makes a little squeaky noise when he has to go and we've avoided accidents so far because I race him outside when he does that. He usually squats right away and if he doesn't, we go back inside.

I bought a Snugli looking apparatus to carry him in while Dixie & I go for a walk. He really seemed to like it! I wanted to be able to take him with me but he's much too young and small to walk on the leash yet. Plus, since he's just gotten over Parvo, I don't want to risk him being exposed to anything else until he's had all his shots.

Guess that's it for now. Chat with you all soon!

Cindy

Oh, yes, I did get in touch with the breeder who feigned innocence. She claimed none of the other pups had parvo. I should have researched my breeders more carefully & bought from someone other than a "backyard breeder", but when you fall in love, reason goes out the window!

so happy he is home and feeling better.

Don't be upset about where you got him. If you hadn't come along and rescued him he probably wouln't have made it.

you were his angel :)

I agree...you probably saved his life being such a diligent, loving, caring and dedicated pet owner. He was meant to be yours.... :wub:

Cindy, if it wasn't for you he probably wouldn't have made it! He is one lucky pup! I'm glad he's doing good!

I had to smile at his "thumping" Kai-lee always seems to do that too...my son always tells me if she had been male we should've called her "Thumper".

I'm a firm believer in everything happens for a reason. You were meant to be Jake's mom - God only knows what would have happened to him if he didn't come into your life!

I agree with Scully's mom. Everything happens for a reason. :halo:

Congrats on getting Jake home and it sounds like you should nickname him "thumper"! :thumbsup:

Enjoy him!

max.jpg

Sheila - mom of Maximus

Yeah Jake! I'm so glad someone like you who was willing to get him proper medical attention found Jake. He owes you his life, and I know he will enrich yours so much in return!

Archived