CairnTalk

Tuk-tuk

DawnandTuk-tuk

Dawn you have a remarkable family. I remember when Tuk-tuk ate the hand made Christmas presents and your son handled it so well. I am so sorry for your family's loss.

I was so touched by this wonderful little dog who I loved so much, even though I never knew him. He was sweet and beautiful and I followed his story here. How is it possible that I loved a little guy I never met who lived clear across the country? He has touched my heart deeply. - Mrs. P.

I couldn't have said it better. I remember being in tears when I first heard of his brain tumor. I followed his progress every day; I prayed for Tuk and for you every night. Your grace and strength through this ordeal has made you one of my heroes; I'm certain that you were Tuk's hero, too. He'll be waiting at the Bridge. Peace to you.

Helene

How the life of one small dog touched so many. He was a remarkable boy and well loved. I too have been keeping up with your struggles and have truely empathized with you. God be with you.

Just wanted to say, Dawn, I am still keeping you and your family in my prayers as you mourn your loss of precious Tuky. Hope all of you are doing okay.

Melissa

Dawn,

I am truly sorry for your loss. I can think of nothing to say that hasn't already been said. While your grief is most certainly the strongest, please know that you are not alone.

May you feel surrounded by peace.

God bless.

Becky & Tanner

Dawn,

I am so sorry for your loss. There are no real words to describe it other than he is waiting for you!

I had no idea how much I could love a dog until March (ironically when your problem started) and I adopted Buddy. I have had dogs all of my life and I have loved them very much. I just never had a Cairn and I never had a dog that picked me as his primary person. Buddy is my dog and we are very attached. To even think about losing that as you have just done is heart wrenching.

Take care of your self and your beautiful kids. Think warm thoughts of Tuk Tuk. We all do here.

John

- John -

Hi Dawn,

I don't post very often but I had been reading your thread to see how Tuk was doing. So sorry to hear that he passed on. He was in a loving home and my thoughts are with you.

Ada

...to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

• 1 month later...

Oh my Dawn!! I haven't been here in AGES and saw someone posting about donating in Tuk-Tuk's name. I am so sorry for you loss!! I'll never forget his adorable face as your avatar here. I am so very sorry. :(

• 6 months later...

A great tribute. It is hard reading the memoriam as I see so many friends and their pups that I have shared the excitement of bringing them home, to the frustration of training. Tuk Tuk was one of them as he was about the same age as my Sparky. Now they are together, maybe starting their own forum. Cheers to them and the love we will always have and the piece of us they took with them.

• 3 weeks later...

Happy Birthday Tuky. :cake: We really miss you. I hope where ever you are they gave you some of those duck n sweet potato treats you like, a fluffy toy so you could rip out all the stuffing, a bully stick so you could do your special dance and some corn chips from the table. Love ya.

post-3497-0-51677100-1302667071_thumb.jp

Idaho Cairns

Happy Birthday from Idaho Tuk Tuk! Hope you and all the other dogs are having fun waiting for a happy reunion--Tis but a wink of the eye little one. We remember you and your sweet face.

• 11 months later...

As I sit here reading this it brings back all the tears and love that were both showered on little Tuk-tuk and my sweet Molly as they both passed over to Rainbow Bridge on the same day almost two years ago this coming July. I know little Tuk-tuk and Molly are together celebrating birthdays together. Yes Idaho - tis but a wink of the eye till we are all reunited. Remembering you Dawn and hope you are well. Hugs

• Like 2

Husband and dog missing ...25 cents reward for dog

Hi Dawn - I hope you and the kids are well. And your new dog as well. Happy birthay to Tuk. We lost Gypsy a couple weeks ago - her and Tuk are frolicking somewhere green with not so much cactus and dirt:)

I remember this so well and how upset I was for you Dawn when you lost Tuk-tuk, I thought what a dear sweet face he had and my heart went out to you. Happy birthday Tuk :hug:

Edited by ScruffynMag

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

I have thought about you often since Tuk's passing. I miss you and hope you are doing well.

Happy Birthday, Tuk. I hope you're enjoying a huge birthday cake with lots of friends at the Bridge.

He fought the good fight that's for sure....I hope you are running over the rainbow bridge with our dear Scottie, Sandie

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Tuk-tuk you still capture our hearts ........ always a little piece cracks when we remember your story.

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

My heart still feels heavy when I think of sweet Tuk tuk and how young he was when he left you. But, I know if my Cairn Mix, Betsy Noodle, has found him at Rainbow, he had a huge birthday celebration!

Belated Happy Birthday wishes, Tuk. :cake: We will never forget you.

Edited by BetsyNoodle

Happy belated birthday, Tuk! I know all too well how deeply you are missed.

I remember reading of Tuk's illness and feeling so much of your pain. I wish I never learned firsthand how intense that pain is, especially at the young age our boys left us. But gosh, they lived great lives, huh? Short, but amazing.

Dawn, will you get another cairn someday? I always thought it would be a long time, but after two weeks with Finn in my life, I am SO HAPPY to have him. He will never be Currey and he will never replace Currey, but he's his own special little fuzzy bundle of joy that I just adore.

• 4 weeks later...

I am so sorry. I feel like my Scruffy and your Tuk grew up together with tears and laughter from this board. It iws so incredibly hard to lose them that young. Hopefully, he is heaven with my beloved SParky, doing what Cairns do best, loving life.

• Like 1