CairnTalk

Tuk-tuk

DawnandTuk-tuk

...to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.

post-3497-12782617020095_thumb.jpg

Dawn,

What a beautiful post and fitting tribute to Tuk. I am crying along with you. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I truly believe Tuk is now an angel, with all our other departed fur-kids. I am so sorry that you and your children have to endure this sadness, but happy that you were able to know and love this very sweet dog for as long as you did.

Sending hugs & love,

Autumn

The world is a less bright place...but Heaven is now even a brighter place and God holds Tuk in His hands. He has no more pain, is happy and awaits your reunion.

I am so sorry for your families loss.

Dave

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

AM. CH. THARRBARR LITE MY FIRE ZOMERHOF

Tuk has moved from your loving arms to God's, and will live happily with him until he is able to be with you again. Our condolences to you and your family.

Jim & Connie (Bailey & Sophie)

Jim, Connie, Bailey & Sophie

FLOWERCHILD-1-1.jpgBAILEYSOPHIE4-22-07002-1.jpg

Oh, Dawn, although I knew the day was coming, I still can't stop my tears. I think I once wrote to you that Tuk-tuk was the first Cairn who caught my eye when I came to this forum. Your posts about him in happier days, including how he got his perfect little name, always brought a smile to my heart. Well, my heart is now broken. I am just so very, very sorry. Tuk was and always will be such a special boy, and you have honored his memory with such a lovely, fitting quote. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. May Tuk's gentle Cairn spirit watch over you and your family every day of your lives.

Godspeed, beloved Tuky! You are so deeply loved and missed, sweet boy, and are forever in our hearts.

Melissa

Sorry very sorry for you and your family. Tuk was a piece of your heart I can tell by your wonderful message. You will carry a heavy heart for a time, but the memories that you have of Tuk and the stories that you will tell of Tuk will help lighten your load. God bless.

Dempsy, Lori and Jim

Edited by Dempsy's Mom

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Fur-angel.

I'm sure the past couple days have been very tough. I've been thinking about you all weekend. We are here if you need anything.

God Bless,

Adrienne, Chuck, Gypsy and Taz

I was so touched by this wonderful little dog who I loved so much, even though I never knew him. He was sweet and beautiful and I followed his story here. How is it possible that I loved a little guy I never met who lived clear across the country? He has touched my heart deeply. Sadly, over the weekend our human family has lost two beloved members, a dear uncle and a dear cousin, due to both a stroke and an aneurysm. It feels like our world has turned upside down a little bit. And then I come here and see that Tuk-Tuk has been lost to our extended cairn family (though you might not know it, you are all a part of our cairn family). Dawn, he filled up your life with happiness and joy and he left much too soon. I am so sorry. This is so sad. I have no brilliant thoughts to add upon his passing. Just my sympathies extended to you and your family. - Mrs. P.

Edited by Mr. & Mrs. P.

My thoughts have been with you all weekend. May you remember the good times you had with the gorgeous TukTuk and celebrate his life with you even though it was cut short.

Josie

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

What a beautiful memoriam.

I am weeping for you, Dawn. I have felt that pain myself.

Time will heal your sad, sad heart. Remember that you gave him a wonderful life and did the best you could for him. Thank goodness he had you as his mom. At some point I hope you will bring another fur baby into your life. It will be one lucky little fur baby to have you as their parent.

God bless you and yours and may your heart feel peace soon.

Remember the good times with Tuk-tuk.

North Georgia, USA

Home to Miss Murphy-Cairn mix-born est. Dec.'07

Joined our family on June 16,'09

Dogs leave pawprints on your heart

Thru tears I write this telling you how very sorry I am to hear that Tuk-tuk lost his battle. My heart breaks for all your family. You could not have done more to care for him. I hope that gives you comfort remembering how precious he was and how much love these precious dogs bring to our lives.

May God comfort you in these hard times.

cairn terriers leave pawprints on our lives

Thinking of you, and sharing in your sadness. This community has been touched by you and your precious Tuk.

we not only love tuk, we love you and your family for everything you did for him. despite your having been deprived of him much too early, he lived a wonderful life thanks to you.

you will see him again.

Dawn,

A very touching memorial. I know the last few months have been tough, no doubt that Tuk was a very well loved member of your family.

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

I am so sorry dawn! Our thoughts are with you

Nikki, Brendan, Angel and Scotty

Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really." - Carlotta Monterey O'Neill

Thought of you this weekend. :hug: I would love to hear the story of how Tuk got his name.

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

So sorry to hear about Tuk. I can understand how you feel after losing Grania in February. My only comfort is that there is no more pain for them.

Prayers for you and your family in the physical passing of Tuk-Tuk. He is however romping and playing and having a Grand Ole' Time in Heaven with all the rest of the beloved Cairns, and of course all dogs. You were the best he could have had as a "Mom." And he was the best for you when you needed him...it is always a blessing to have these little dogs in our lives. May you and your family have the best of memories, til you meet up with Tuk-Tuk again.

Idaho Cairns

Much love from here in Idaho--you were in my thoughts all weekend as I knew Friday was decision day for you and Tuk. You must know that you did the right thing for your dog, nature did not give you time or options--it had to be Dawn. Good that you had the strength and love to look past your need to hold on. I hope it was a gentle goodbye for you, the kids, and Tuk and that all of you understand that now Tuk has been released from his terrible burdens and is where all good dogs should always be--in the loving hearts of responsible owners--and you own him still and always will, you love him still and always will.

Let the waves of pain that have come and that will come hit you and stand into them for they do recede with the blessing of time and you need them to remind you of the wonderful creature you shared your life with.

Neither you or Tuk could have done more, your lives were full of all that is really important between a pet and an owner. Peace now and may the ragged edge you have walked smooth over. If there is anything we can do from here you have but to ask. Chuck, Fran, and the girls.

Dawn, I'm sorry to hear that Tuk has lost his battle. Tuk was a very special pup, he has touch the hearts of all of us and we all feel the lose.

God bless you and your family.

Lynda, Bailey & Casey

Dawn

I'm very sorry for your lose. It was a difficult decision that needed to be made. Hope it was comforting that the Vet was able to make a home visit. The cairn family will miss all the stories of Tuk-tuk getting into mischief. I hope you will continue to visit the forum.

It's hard to count blessings at a time like this. All I can say is you did him proud - your tribute was beautiful but so was the way you gave him life and ultimately, relief. I hope as time goes by what remain are the best memories. I'm certain it will be so.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

What does one say to ease the pain from the loss of such a sweet and wonderful little dog. There are no words really. Just that your final act of love was to end Tuk Tuks pain and there is no better and finer thing than that.

I hope in time that the pain will ease and that the short time Tuk Tuk was with you and your family, will be filled with sweet memories.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Dawn -- Tuk was a wonderful little dog. And he was lucky to land into the heart of such a wonderful family. His life was shorter than it should have been, but it certainly was full. I hope you can take some comfort in that.