CairnTalk

shl3608

shl3608

I rescued Lucy from an animal shelter in Los Angeles.

That day, when we walked in around 2pm, the folks at the shelter told me that Lucy and her sister (white with black marking) were dropped off by her owner who told the shelter that Lucy was a pure-bred Cairn.

I would like to know the opinions of members here.

Some people think she's a mix of Jack Russell/Cairn.

Any other suggestions?

post-4157-1241470148_thumb.jpg

She looks like an adorable terrier mix to me. I can imagine some Russell in the face - I suppose you might get ears like that from a Russell-Cairn mix - they don't seem typical for either Cairn or Parson/Jack Russell.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

I love her! She has the cutest little face!!!

I agree that she does look like a Terrier mix but she is so cute! I can't say I would say JR but I love her.

Jess, Scooter, Sadie and Dozer

DSCN2419-1.jpg

sheila and Misty

Id say she has enough cairn in her to belong on this forum-what a mellow looking pup! she looks so sweet...by the way-Jack Russel? looks more like the wire haired terrier without the hairtype to me , does she climb your tree or fence?that may give you a clue.

• 1 month later...

Oh my gosh, I got tears in my eyes when I saw your darling Lucy! Your girl is definitely a terrier mix, no doubt about that. She resembles my little Cairn mix, Betsy Noodle, whom I lost to old age-related issues at age 16 in January of 2008. Betsy was a yodeler and I so miss her delightful little "WooWooWoo" greeting. Betsy also had large ears and I sometimes wondered if she may have had a Corgi great-great grandmother! Thank you SO MUCH for sharing your sweet girl with us. I definitely think she and you belong on this forum. I so look forward to seeing more photos of her and hearing about her personality!

your dog is adorable! :hug: A girl I used to work with has a cairn and JRT mix this is what he looks like ...I know with mixes they don't always look the same...you could always get one of those dog dna test I think they go for $50

Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really." - Carlotta Monterey O'Neill

I rescued Lucy from an animal shelter in Los Angeles.

That day, when we walked in around 2pm, the folks at the shelter told me that Lucy and her sister (white with black marking) were dropped off by her owner who told the shelter that Lucy was a pure-bred Cairn.

I would like to know the opinions of members here.

Some people think she's a mix of Jack Russell/Cairn.

Any other suggestions?

Lucy is a cutie. With the exception of her ears she looks a lot like my Ms. Murphy who is also a rescue and is a Cairn-mix.

North Georgia, USA

Home to Miss Murphy-Cairn mix-born est. Dec.'07

Joined our family on June 16,'09

Dogs leave pawprints on your heart

Archived