CairnTalk

Kintra

kintra

I apoligize for there being so many right off the bat! I get overly excited with pictures sometimes :D

The day Zach finished his Championship

ZachandRi.jpg

Freestacked in Groups at Gray Summit

f4ca4d9d.jpg

Headshot at Gray Summit

022b7c06.jpg

A Group 1 in Des Moines

DesMoinesGroup1KenMcDermott.jpg

One of my favorite win pictures of Zach

CouncilBluffsG1.jpg

In the Juniors ring in Wisconsin

100_2445.jpg

Specialty Best Junior Handler in Texas...my favorite stacked photo of Zach

BJHForthWorthSpecialty.jpg

A few Senior photos with Zach

xRiley6jpgemail.jpg

xRileyPics3090jpgemail.jpg

His first time being back in the ring after being retired (Minnesota)

ZachAOM-SumacCTC-1.jpg

Kintra Cairns

Home of Multi-Group Winning Ch. Paragon's Stately Affair CD RN CGC "Zach"

And ZaZa, the Min Pin

Canine Chronicle article - "Through the Storm" about my first journey to Westminster

/>http://www.onlinedigitalpubs.com/publication/?i=31613&p=205

No apologies! He is lovely :wub: ... and so well groomed..... sigh... only in my dreams

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Tearing through the backyard

Random063.jpg

Zach...aka "the monster"

Random048.jpg

ZaZa, the MinPin, aka "Cairn wannabe"

Random038.jpg

Annnnnd its not a Cairn, but this is definitely my 'back up breed' and second love...German Wirehaired Pointers

KateSpecialtyshow1Jan408.jpg

Please ignore the sign...we all forgot to remind the photographer to change it...it was actually a German Wirehaired Pointer specialty up in Minnesota

Kintra Cairns

And ZaZa, the Min Pin

Canine Chronicle article - "Through the Storm" about my first journey to Westminster

Thanks all!

I will admit he's not quite in such great condition anymore since I'm currently not living at home, so he doesn't get his coat worked on nearly as much. Most of these pictures were from the years we were on the road 40+ weekends a year for shows. College has definitely slowed that down though, seeing as I've been to maybe 6 shows since last August.

Kintra Cairns

And ZaZa, the Min Pin

Annnnnd its not a Cairn, but this is definitely my 'back up breed' and second love...German Wirehaired Pointers

I agree with your choice of breeds. Earlier this week I had to put down my 16 year old GWP. This is the first time in 30 years that I have not had a GWP. I think that there is somebody else on this list who also has Cairns and GWPs.

George

I'm so sorry to hear about your Wire.:( Its just a wonderful breed! The handler I used to work for was the president of the national GWP Club of America and had been in the breed nearly her whole life. I was able to ride along for several field trials at the past few nationals and love the sport. I really fell in love with GWP because they're like Terriers in a sporting dog form. I'm waiting a few years before I get my own Wire because I just don't have the time to dedicate to a new puppy right now.

Kintra Cairns

And ZaZa, the Min Pin

Oh i love the pictures of Zack very much.

And i love GWP, too.

Here in Germany you can see them often. They live mostly with hunters.

We have a young Bitch in our Obedience Group.

Greetings

Annette

Hi Riley, I've really enjoyed your pictures, I especially like your senior pictures the one with Zach kissing you is adorable, so is the Zach monster shot!

I met you at a show in Dallas/ForthWorth in 2007, while visiting with Mary. She has always spoken highly of you,

so I know you must be doing well with your schooling, even though it must be hard not having your pal Zach around. I know I hate being away from my two.

I wish you well in all you do.

Maggie

PS Keegan sends "regards" to Uncle Zach (in Keegan's world that means ear nibbles)

Riley, Zach is simply adorable! How I envy your stripping skills!! Seeing the photo of your little ZaZa brought tears to my eyes. Ralphie, my Min Pin, was my first pup and the ultimate lap dog. I miss him so much.

My husband had a gorgeous German Shorthaired Pointer, Easy ("Easy Come Easy Go"), when we married. Easy's dad was a show and field champion. We lost Easy to age-related diseases in 2005. My husband still gets tears in his eyes when he speak of him. We also love the Wirehaired breed.

Thanks for sharing all your photos.

Thank you all so much! I'm very proud of my little monster:D. My handstripping skills are still coming along, both my mentors Mary and Kari have worked endless hours working with me, but I think we're finally getting there. Oddly enough, stripping Wirehairs has helped immensely with my Cairn grooming.

Kintra Cairns

And ZaZa, the Min Pin

• 3 months later...

Well, since its been awhile since I've posted pictures (and I don't have any new Zach ones) I thought I'd post a few of two Cairns I handle.

This was the first Cairn that I ever competitively specialed/won multiple group placements with/won a group with/handled in breed at Westminster/handled in breed at Eukanuba/had ranked in the top five/won a Best in Specialty with.

He lives with his breeder/owner a mile away from me and after specialing him in America in 2005, Mary allowed me to be a co-owner on Watson so I could handle him in Juniors as a backup for Zach.

Multi BISS/Can. BIS/Multi Group Winning American/Canadian/International Ch. Paragon's Well Chosen "Watson"

These first candids are from the January specialty in Minnesota where Watson won Best Veteran in Sweepstakes and Best in Specialty Show his first time out as a Veteran (at 7 years, 1 day old). Before this show, he hadn't stepped foot in a ring for nearly three years, but he still showed his heart out

Watson20Specialty201-09-2.jpg

Watson20Specialty201-09-1.jpg

Kisses for Mary and me after taking BISS...we were both in tears at this point

Mary20Watson202620Riley20BISS20Vet2.jpg

Mary20Watson202620Riley20BISS20Mn20.jpg

For some reason I don't have his win photos scanned onto my laptop...oops!

These other candids are from the June specialty in Minnesota, where Watson did it again by winning Best Veteran in Sweepstakes and Best in Specialty Show from the Veteran's class. (Fun side note...his daughter, pictured below, took Best of Opposite)

WatsonSummer200908.jpg

Watson20Best20Veteran20MN20Sweepsta.jpg

Watson20BOB20MN20Specialty206-5-09.jpg

And here's an old picture of us, our first time at Westminster

WestminsterWalkAround2006.jpg

Kintra Cairns

And ZaZa, the Min Pin

And I'm very pleased to be able to introduce a Watson daughter that Mary and I both handle, Group placing Ch. Paragon's Rock My World "Petra".

This little girl looks like her dam and shows like her daddy...I've been very pleased to have the chance to handle her on multiple occasions.

At the January specialty

Petra-StPaul09.jpg

Chicago IKC weekend (she also took Winners/BOW another day as well)

Petra202-19-0920Park20Shore20KC.jpg

Petra202-22-092020Chicago20internat.jpg

From the classes, she took the breed over many very competitive specials...including the dog who took Breed at Westminster two weeks prior to this show

2532_508914235769_113801175_3056386.jpg

The friend I worked for at Chicago IKC and her bred-by Pug, then me with Petra

And I did find a fun photo of Zach from a few years back...a few of us had some free time at a show

n504256281_1091774_1223.jpg

Kintra Cairns

And ZaZa, the Min Pin

Wow! Congratulations on all the wins! He looks so well groomed and handsome, he looks so proud of himself and so he should be!!!! No apology required, well done!

Archived