CairnTalk

My naughty pooch

mykidsmom

George and Gracie went to their favorite place yesterday...the groomers. They love the hydro-bath. Apparently George likes it so much he wanted 2 bathes. When I called to see if they were done I was told it would be another 45 minutes because George had gone potty in his kennel and rolled in it. What a stinker! (Pardon the pun!) :devil:

On another note...would any of you share what you pay for grooming? Our groomer just raised the price to $40 because they are stripping them. Do they get stripped all of the time or only certain times of the year? These are our first Cairns and we are learning all the time.

I took their pictures yesterday...as soon as I figure out how to do it I will post them.

Hmmmm, I'm not all that familar with groomers fees but I know that Petco charged me $35 awhile back to bath/clip my Winnie. And there was no stripping involved!

Now I'm learning to do it myself......my girls will never be Westminster but they will never be confused with a Schnauzer (mispelled probably) :)

I only got Cooper bathed at Petco or Petsmart, I always get them confused....anyway, he was only $16 for that, included cleaning the ears, teeth, clipping of the nails and trimming of the butt hairs.

I thought this was a great deal, and he had the best of times.....especially when he came home and tried to eat the bandana they put on him!! :twisted:

pat.

Children don't care how much you know...they want to know how much you care.

• 2 weeks later...

I only take Emma to be stripped twice a year! Also I try not to bathe her too often as well and just give her a good rub down with a wet hand towel soaked in baby wash and then another rub with the towel rinsed out. Sometimes though she goes in the disgusting water in the creek and then she has to get cleaned up. Then I put her in a baby bath tub with just a little oatmeal baby wash and a *lot* of water! She hates that part but she loves to get rubbed down after!!!

Hi,

My groomer charges $55 for my Cairn, but I live in Silicon Valley and everything is more expensive here. My groomer told me that stripping should be done twice a year. She has groomed Cairns that are show dogs so I believe she knows what she is talking about. Hope this helps you.

Archived