CairnTalk

Resources For Concrete/Resin Cairn Statue?

Guest Lisa Z

Guest Lisa Z

My Dad has been a big cairn terrier fan for years, but only has one of these cuties as a dream pet (literally). He's had so many dreams about his "Sparky" and Sparky's silly/loveable antics, we (his kids) can't believe he hasn't caved in & gotten himself a real cairn terrier by now. Sparky often comes up in our family discussions -- us kids just love to raz our Dad about the new holes Sparky has dug in his yard!

Anyway,...I hope you all can appreciate my Dad's fondness for cairns, as well as his hesitance in getting a "real" Sparky. In turn, I hope you can appreciate my wanting to tease (& prod) him further by getting a cairn terrier statue for his yard (in a whimsical pose, if possible), and having a collar w/ engraved name tag placed around the statue's neck.

If any of you know where I can purchase a life-sized cairn terrier yard statue (just plain ole' vanilla please -- nothing as fancy & pricey as bronze), I'd greatly appreciate hearing from you. My internet search has been unfruitful.

Thanking You In Advance!

Lisa (happily owned by 2 labs, 1 terrier mix, & 3 cats)

We bought one at the roving national/Cairn Terrier Club of Southern California specialty a few years ago. It's a concrete cairn, sitting. His coat is a little wavy and ungroomed, but it's not terrible. We named our concrete cairn Clay.

I think someone told me they go to Tijuana to buy them. You might try visiting the

CTCSC web site and contacting the ways and means person listed under committees - she may know who actually gets them and where and perhaps refer you on. Good luck.

I'll try to grab a photo tonight if it's not raining too hard so you can see what it looks like.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Guest Lisa Z

Thank You for the information! I'll check back to see if you the photo has been posted -- BUT don't feel obligated, 'cuz I'm just glad to know someone has a casting mold out there of a cairn terrier.

Sincere Thanks!

Lisa

Attached is a picture of 'Clay'. As I mentioned, the coat is not very realistic. But overall, not half-bad for something that was probably not really meant to be specifically a Cairn and just happens to look like one. It's a better 'Cairn' than the thing on our 'Cairn Crossing' sign. A couple more pictures of Clay posing with our 8 y/o boy and 10-week-old puppy are here, and here.

post-3-1088042762_thumb.jpg

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Hi there:

Try your local garden center if they have garden statues. We got quite a nice cement one at garden Gallery which is a Canadian company, but I am sure that many centers in the US would also have them.

Wow, I really enjoyed the photo gallery. My Drew looks a whole lot like Haggis! I would like some statuary myself, but in the meantime I bought a weathervane on eBay that looks exactly like my dog! It is rather eerie since I got it when he was about 4 months old and he grew up to look like it (he is now nearly 13 months). I am sure they are still available from the guy who makes them. Sorry, no picture.

Archived