CairnTalk

angel9791

angel9791

Hi All

My name's Pam and my husband and I are anxiously waiting on the arrival of our cairn pup Murphy. He was born on 10/12/08 and we're going to collect him on Sat 31st. We're both so excited and have really enjoyed reading through the posts on the forum. I thought I'd introduce ourselves and post a few pics of our boy. Our breeder has been excellent at keeping us up to date and sending through pictures of Murphy. In the pictures Murphy is the lightest coloured pup.

Can't wait to get him !

Pam

hopefully I've managed to attach the pics, I see it only lets me post three...

post-3933-1232004331_thumb.jpg

post-3933-1232004347_thumb.jpg

post-3933-1232004369_thumb.jpg

Here's some more - can anyone tell me what colour he is likely to be? I know it can be hard to tell their colouring until their puppy fur changes - I had initially been told he was cream but I think he's more likely to be wheaten/light brindle as he has the black around his mouth, cream cairns don't seem to be as dark as him? Murphy is the cheeky one with the open mouth in the pic

post-3933-1232004728_thumb.jpg

Welcome! You got all the pics posted as far as I can tell.

Murphy is just too precious! As you remarked, there's no

surefire way to tell what color he'll be. It will be fun

to watch his progress.

Tara, Proud Mom of Olie, Teddy and Sweet Pea

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

Your new puppy is adorable! Color...? He'll probably change a few times during the course of his life! He is pretty light though. It will be exciting to watch him grow. Keep us posted!

What a cutie! Part of the fun is seeing their color change. Mac actually worked backwards - started darker and is now almost white.

Enjoy the young, cuddly days!

Hi, and welcome to the Forum. Your Murphy is a real cutie, and I agree that it's too early to tell what color he will be. There could be several changes in coloring during his lifetime. I count 7 pups in the second picture, that's a pretty big litter! Your pictures are great, and keep them coming when you get Murphy home!

Jim, Connie, Bailey & Sophie

FLOWERCHILD-1-1.jpgBAILEYSOPHIE4-22-07002-1.jpg

Hi - your puppy looks really cute. Your say coming from Scotland - do you mean that literally or are you in Scotland? Just thinking that if your were in USA the puppy would have a long journey at only 6 weks or so old!

[though I was told 2 of Holly's first litter went to Australia when they were old enough to leave her! but it does seem a long distance for puppies to travel]

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

sheila and Misty

welcome to you and Murphy! It truly is hard to say-Misty also was dark -but the breeder told me she would most likely be wheaton brindle-which she endded up like that-Mistys dad was black and the mom was wheaton. Toby is syuppose to be a dark brindle-he was more chocolet brown with black and now I can see a little of all the colors comming through-still dont know the outcome of his color..no matter what murphy changes to-color at some point youll find itreally doesnt matter unless you wanted to breed specific.

Thanks Guys :)

Don't worry I live in Scotland - he's actually coming from England but that's not quite so bad as the America-Scotland trip lol. Will keep you all posted and update pics as and when I get more. I'm so excited about him coming home!!

Pam

Thanks Guys :)

Don't worry I live in Scotland - he's actually coming from England but that's not quite so bad as the America-Scotland trip lol. Will keep you all posted and update pics as and when I get more. I'm so excited about him coming home!!

Pam

Pam, I noticed that several of the puppies had brindle stripping... which can just toss a wrench into any kind of color prediction if your Pup has the brindle gene at all.... LOL At any rate with or without the brindle gene your little guy will go through some color changes!

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

• 5 weeks later...

Hi everyone

Thought I'd post some updated pictures of our cheeky 9 week old pup Murphy. He's great fun and full of mischief !

I hope I haven't made the jpegs too small

Pam

post-3933-1234689763_thumb.jpg

post-3933-1234689790_thumb.jpg

post-3933-1234689817_thumb.jpg

post-3933-1234689842_thumb.jpg

post-3933-1234689910_thumb.jpg

Archived