CairnTalk

Earth Dog

Guest posting as: Mary Jane Henry

Guest posting as: Mary Jane Henry

Emma and I went to a demonstration today of earth dog techniques put on by a couple of people who have a business actually working Jack Russel Terriers on real live prey! It was so amazing! Most of the dogs had never been involved in anything similar before and had likely never smelled a real live rat - but they caught on very fast and was it ever fun!!! I'd highly recommend it to any of you - if you get the opportunity, don't miss it - your dog will thank you, guaranteed! Emma was literally quivering with excitement! Amazing!

Cheers,

MJ

The Earthdog Tests are a simulation of what our Cairns were bred to do in the Scotland Highlands. It is the AKC performance event for terriers and dachshunds and most of them love the chase and the hunt. I'm glad you had a positive experience and I encourage you to continue allowing your dog to experience this delightful sport.

Archived