CairnTalk

Stripping vs. Cutting

Guest Shellie

Guest Shellie

I had my Cairn, Ruby, stripped about 2 months ago. I am happy with my groomer but I am wondering what she would look like if I had her cut like a puppy cut.

Does anyone know what Ruby's hair will look like if I have her cut? Will her fur be softer? What if I cut her and I let it grow out, can I then start to strip her again?

Any information will be most helpful.

Shellie

Guest Guest

We have never had George & Gracie stripped. It just plain costs too much! We have them groomed every 6 weeks. They go to a doggy spa and get a hydro-bath.....this gets rid of any loose hair, dead skin, and various other things. Then they get clipped. I wasn't pleased with our previous groomer. She made my 2 precious Cairns look like misplaced schnauzers. The new ones we have are doing a much better job. They are growing out the coat backs and thinning instead of cutting so much. They are so cute now! George actually has some waves in his coat!

Archived