CairnTalk

wish us luck

Courtbro

Well everyone, Scotch turns 7 months on Saturday so he goes in for neutering this Thurs. morning and I am miserable with worry! Please keep him in mind, on thurs. I am just so afraid of losing him, I know I'm being stupid by being this worried, but he is the only baby I have. If anyone could give me some words of encouragement so I'm not such a basketcase on Thurs. I would appreciate anything.

courtney :(

Will be thinking good thoughts for you and Scotch. He should be fine...he's in peak condition and anasthetic technology is light years ahead of the old days. Your biggest concern will be keeping him quiet after the first day or so. He'll probably be jumping and running all over the place while you're chasing after him yelling, "Yikes! Doc said 'No jumping!'"

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Logan and I are right there with you...literally. Logan goes in at 8:15 am EST Thursday morning for his procedure.

You know what? They will be just fine. I'm sure that you ahve done all of your homework and as bradl stated, Scotch is in peak health.

You need to stay calm for him. If he sees you concerned, that will concern him even more. Take a deep breat, give him a hug and kiss and be there when he wakes up.

You will be in my thoughts

Thank you both soo much! I know he is a very healthy boy, and I would never let him see me worried--goes back to the fact that they think they are human.haha. Are they keeping Logan overnight?? I bring Scotch in at 8am and I don't get to pick him up until Friday morning.

Good Luck and my prayers are with you and Logan.

Courtney :wub:

I was exactly the same way when Madison went in for spaying. I knew it was a routine operation but still....I loved her so much that I spent the day worrying. I finally called my vet at 4:30 when I got home from work and they said she was doing fine. It was a long night without her but it's so important to have them neutered that it was worth the worry.

I could just see me now if we decided to breed her and let her have puppies!!! Talk about a nervous granny!! :shock:

Everything will be okay!! Our rescue was brought to the Humane Society within one week of her purchase and she was neutered there at around 9 weeks. Too young - poor baby - but everything went well. You and Scotch will do fine!!!

Hi Courtney,

No overnight. I pick him up at 8:00 pm Thursday night, unless the doc thinks he should spend the night. I imagine I'll be sleeping on the couch so that I can be with him that night. From what I hear, both Scotch and Logan are going to be going full speed ahead by Friday morning. Both babies are going to do great! I trust my doc and trust that he really likes Logan which makes a huge difference in my comfort level.

Good luck and let us know how he did.

I just spoke with our doc also and Scotch is doing fine and he was just waking up. So I get to see him on my way home from work and I can pick him up tommorrow morning.

Glad to hear that Logan is doing well.

Thanks to everyone for the support, my husband wasn't much help he was as nervous as I was.

Courtney :wub:

Good morning,

Just checking in on Scotch to see how he made out last night. Logan did fine. Gave him only one pain pill, which knocked him flat on his keister. This morning, he was feisty as ever.

Contratulations Scotch and Logan!! You made it through and no more worries for mom and dad!!!

Hope both puppies and parents are doing well this morning! And now another hard part - keeping your baby from going too crazy . . .

Hello everyone,

I didn't get to take Scotch home last night, they kept him overnight for observation and to check him this morning. But I did get to see him last night and love on him and he looked great! a little tired, but I knew the "little Cairn" inside was racing to get out of that kennel and go home. So I get to pick him up at 1pm today to take him home so I can play nurse mommy to my little boy.

Thank you for all the support!!

Courtney :thumbsup:

Archived